Good Tuesday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
:good_morning:

Monday has come and gone. We are supposed to get in the 40s today! Let the melting begin! I may even get to crack the window on the car!

After work today we are taking difficult child out on a pass to dinner. Then I'm headed to book club.:reading: I have a feeling I will be really tired but I'm going to force myself to go. I'll be glad once I get there!

I hope everyone enjoys a peaceful day:peaceful:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
:coffee2::good_morning: friends & fellow warrior parents!

Sharon, the bookclub will do you good - even if you nap through the entire thing. :bigsmile: I'm beginning to believe that if we parents of difficult children don't get regular, stimulating outside socialization we lose our ability to maintain - everything seems negative. So go - enjoy.

Like Sharon, today we are to have warming, melting temps. I heard the snow melting off the roof yesterday afternoon - that along with the mating songs of the cardinals. Such a pretty sound.:try2fly: Made me feel like a kid & want to run in & put on my summer shorts & ride my bike.

Same stuff - different day today. I have a final GP appointment early this afternoon before I leave town next week. Need a couple of refills & some of her last minute records.

Enjoy the day today - I hope it's a calm, cooperative day for all.

LittleDudesMom

:coffee:Good Terrific Tuesday Morning!!!

It is great to hear that the weather is warming for Linda and Sharon - fresh air, via the car window or a little time on the front stoop goes a long way in making you feel good and smile :bigsmile:.

Sharon, glad you are going to the book club. I can't remember you doing that in a while. I bet difficult child is excited about going out to dinner with the family :spaghetti:. Have a nice evening.

Linda, spring has really arrived when the robins begin to nest in my bushes and the house finches set up housekeeping in my hanging ferns! I get my ferns pretty early from Lowes because we have really enjoyed the finches the last few years. We have four pair that come back to the ferns (hanging on the woodwork over my patio). I know you are anxious for this last week to "get gone" so you can get to Mayo. Hope your Tuesday is a good one.

I'll be at the office this morning and putzing around the house this afternoon. I started going back to the gym yesterday morning. I did 30 min on the tread mill :treadmill:, then spent 40 minutes on the machines. Well....... I was exhausted last night! However, I did feel like I accomplished something other than household chores on my Monday!

Like Sharon and Linda, we are happy to welcome spring in central va. Every day more white buds bloom on the pears and pink flowers are popping out of the cherry trees. We'll be in the low 60's today :bunny_ears:- ok, I couldn't find a spring emoticon so I figured this bunny would have to do! Have a great day everyone!

Sharon

Good Morning Everyone:coffee:

Linda, I totally agree with you - As parents of difficult children, I believe it is absolutely 100% totally necessary that we have lives of our own, outside of those we share with our difficult children in order to not only survive life, but to actually enjoy it!!! To me this is an extreme understatement!!! It took me finding all of you to learn this fundamental fact. I'm just now beginning to put my life back together after years and years and years, etc. of just feeling as though I was a doormat for difficult children to wipe their feet on...

Sharon, I hope dinner with difficult child goes well!!! No matter how tired you are, enjoy the book club!!! in my humble opinion, it is one of the best things you can do to take care of yourself today.

Sharon, I'm so proud of you!!!:treadmill::exercisebike::yourock: Way To Go!!!

I haven't been around much lately as things with difficult children have been rough. The little free time I've had, I've been spending doing things just for me!!! During my "ME" time, I REFUSE to think about the fact that I have difficult children!!! I think I'm finally beginning to heal after years of just existing...

Anyway, while it is cool here today, the sun is out:D. I'm planning on taking my favorite "sanity saver" for a long walk.:cool_dog: She has a scheduled surgery at the end of the month and I have to confess, I'm a bit scared...

Anyway, I hope all of you have at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today...:flower::st_patrick: WFEN

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning all. Sounds like warming temps are hitting the northern tier of states. Yay! for you. Our driveway is lined with pear trees and they are in full bloom. Beautiful.

Wiped out, I think the book club will be a good thing. How has easy child been since difficult child isn't there?

Linda, glad the weather is perking up for you. I agree that we as mom's need to make sure we have some outside activities that do not require difficult child's.

LDM, Way To Go! about the treadmill and machines. Keep it up. Tired is ok. You are getting healthier and healthier. :bravo:
WFEN, hope your walk with your sanity saver goes well. What sort of surgery is your dog going to have? :scared:I know what you mean about being a little scared. They do become a big part of the family.

Hope you have a good day. I have been a little under the weather :thumbsdown:and can't seem to work up much energy to do the things on the list. :stopglass:
No news from difficult child. Guess that's good. :its_all_good:

Marguerite

G'day, everybody.

Like you, we're also enjoying warmer weather. We've got the longest hot dry spell we've had since about October! Temperatures in the high 70s into 80s (Fahrenheit) here. The only trouble is, we're supposed to have had summer over December, and we're only getting it NOW!??

difficult child 3 is developing a nasty cold, right when I would love to get to the beach. I'm going to see how things go tomorrow, I might go by myself if I can. The trouble is, I'm always too busy with him during school hours, and by the time he's finished his work it's getting to late in the day for swimming.

Fingers crossed.

Enjoy your onset of spring!

Marg

Jena

good morning to all of you

i hope everyone has a great day today and your difficult child's are behaving themselves.

i've been very lucky for some reason i have the patience to handle her lately for some reason she's been a bit calmer a bit. for some reason bigger difficult child is falling into line.

thank good ness it's mommy's turn to be incredibly messed up as i go down this long road of medication's therapy and harsh realizations. ill make it though i'm always hopeful.

boyfriend said i'm doing a great job that the kids haven't picked up on anything with me. thank good ness.

hugs to all of you great moms.

have a great day

Jen :)