Good Tuesday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning All!

We made it through our rainy day yesterday and now it is supposed to be just plain cold-high of 37 and a low of 19. I'm sure spring is coming because I hear the birds but I still haven't seen the first robin of the year.

Another busy day ahead. I was supposed to have a therapist appointment after school but the psychiatrist for difficult child called to say they could get him in then so I decided that really husband and I both need to be there.

After that my niece is coming over to help easy child with her hair. I really want to get to the health club today as yesterday I didn't but I know it will be 8:00 before I have the chance to go and then I usually lose my motivation!

I hope everyone has a fun April Fool's day and your difficult child's don't "trick" you too much!:bigsmile:

LittleDudesMom

:1stapril: Happy April Fool's Day!!!!!

Hi Sharon, wishing the warm weather hurries your way! Doesn't look good or the health club for you tonight. Hope your day is a good one and your students don't fool you too much!

It's rainy but warm here this morning. I think it's in the 50's already. Not too much on the agenda. I do have a full day at the office. I was out of town last Tuesday and rushed through just the payroll last Thursday since the kids and I were busy.

WW tonight. easy child actually wants to just go weigh in because our gym (and her place of employment) is offering a hip hop dance excercise class at 5:30, which is our regular WW meeting time. Since WW and the gym are right next store (convenient huh?), I told her to just come in with me and weigh in and then go next door for the class. I'm just thrilled she is so dedicated to her exercise!

Wishing everyone a day of no fooling and no stress!

Sharon

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon, your weeks are always so busy ..... I hope you get to the gym tonight.

Sharon, PCs dance class sounds like fun. kt would love something like that. Good luck at WW & the weigh in (though I know it's all about choices ;)).

While Sharon's area got the rain, we rec'd 5 inches of snow - it's really very pretty. I'm not whining - ah, heck yes I am. I finally saw grass in our back & side yards over the weekend. I'm so tired of this very very long winter - it just won't stop!!:nono::grrr:

kt's in home therapist is coming this afternoon - other than that it's the normal around the house stuff that goes on from day to day. I'd like to get kt involved in baking a batch of cookies. Kind of pull her out of herself today if I can.

I'm also on the hunt for a plumber - out upstairs bathroom has had a leak somewhere since Christmas. We have another bathroom & no money, so we just turned the water off up there until our tax refund came. We rec'd that Friday & now I'd like to get bids in on repair upstairs. I hate dealing with these guys - wish my uncle or one of my cousins could make a trip over to help with this. I can trust that they'll repair what needs to be done & will explain it to me, even show it to me so I know. Okay - done whining again.

Enjoy your Tuesday - keep it calm today. May your problems be easily solvable, your difficult children in good spirits & cooperative, & your day just plain enjoyable. :flowers:

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

Sharon/Wiped, we've had warm weather, tomorrow is going to be hot and summery, but that is probably the last ofd it, they've told us. Our nights are increasingly cold, I'm sleeping in a snuggly jacket as well as winter PJs and still feeling cold. Don't push yourself too hard re health club - you did enough other stuff yesterday and probably will today as well.

Sharon/LDM, the dance exercise class sounds fun. Wish I could join you!

Linda, snow outside and the smell of cookies baking, inside. Sounds wonderful.

On our news today it was announced that our new Prime Minister, Kevin Rudd, had met with Hillary Clinton and was going to be talking to Barack Obama over the phone later. Then the US correspondent came on and said that while Hillary Clinton was meeting with Kevin Rudd, she had used the opportunity to announce that she was pulling out of the race for the White House. Back in Sydney the anchor was desperately riffling through his notes, just as the US correspondent said, "April Fool! As if she would, after all this!"

Yesterday on the morning TV they showed how to slice a banana without removing the peel. A neat trick - I tried it on difficult child 3 but unfortunately, he already knows that trick. I would have tried it on my other kids but I had just used my last banana...

We had a busy day today. I had a house full of people home, difficult child 3 was trying to do his work with a lot of distractions. He needed to use the computer but kept getting thrown off it because other more urgent jobs needed to be done. We then had a trip in to his school where I was part of a course on how to participate in staff selection panels (as a parent rep). Meanwhile difficult child 3 was supposed to be having a lesson on how to put together a movie clip on the computer, using footage he took yesterday. Trouble was, the teacher was in the same session I was, so another teacher stepped in to help. Just as we were about to leave, the teacher who had specifically asked difficult child 3 to come in for the tutoring session turned up ad stayed back to help difficult child 3, so he got an extra lesson. husband had come along as well, so he will be able to help difficult child 3 do more of the preparation work.

Tomorrow I see my urologist, then the next day it's back to the school for difficult child 3's science study day. I am going to be so tired by the end of the week! Hey, I'm tired now!

Enjoy your Tuesday, I hope it's not quite so hectic as ours.

Marg

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:
Sharon- I hope it warms up for you. Our snow is about gone and I've seen several robins and Canadian geese in the last few days. Fingers crossed the psychiatrist appointment goes well.
LDM- Good for easy child! I hope she enjoys the class.
Linda- We've actually had luck with a large local plumbing business in the past. No funny business, all very straight forward.
Marg- Our news stations would never pull a joke like that here, they take themselves much too seriously.
I have house work, laundry and paperwork today. I'm trying to take it a little easy as I'm still quite tired from last week. We'll see how that works out. :rolleyes:
Have a great day! Hi to anyone that sneaks in.

SRL

Good morning ladies! I'm glad to find you all still here because we nearly blew away in high winds last night. My oldest easy child woke up in a stormy mood--nothing like a tired, cranky teen to start the morning out right! I fixed him before he left though--he could stick with the video game grounding for his rudness or he could have a do over and kiss me on the cheek while saying "Good morning, mother". Brutal, I know.

Life has been out of order for me for two weeks due to kids with influenza, bronchitis, ear infection and spring break. All are back to school today so I'm off to run errands and appointments.