***Good Tuesday morning****

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all!

Who's got the hmj
:coffee2:brewing & where are the donuts? :please:

It was a very long day yesterday with Occupational Therapist (OT), speech at the hospital & then heading to the other end of town for PT in the pool. Thursday is another such day.

Saying the above, it's beyond reason that I cannot sleep tonight. Up all night so I thought I'd greet you all & then do some painting. :painter: Working on a bluejay in the midst of a winter storm - or at least that is my intention. We'll see how it turns out.

I see my opthamologist this morning & head to car dealership to get my license plates put on. Home to see the predicted snow come down. I hired a new snow removal service & they are ready to go.

Have a good day everyone. Hope your difficult children are in good form, you have a calm day & you find at least one reason to smile today.

Marguerite

G'day for Tuesday.

Linda, I hope you get everything done before the snowstorm.

I've had a busy day today. First easy child 2/difficult child 2 & I headed in to the city for a meeting about a stage production we might be in next year. It would be a great addition to the performing CV for either one of us. I needed to look good but not too try-hard, so I experimented with my hair and found something fairly easy that worked really well. As far as the production is concerned, she & I both had some good input and an invitation to meet with the director and discuss casting in more detail.

It was so hot today in the city! We all met in a cafe for lunch first and it wasn't well air-conditioned, plus there was roadwork going on outside which made conversation very difficult.

We had to leave early - I had medical tests to be back for (I was still late). After that was done I had just enough time to get difficult child 3 to his drama class (husband sent him to meet us via public transport).

By the time we were leaving drama class the sky was getting dark although it was still two hours before sunset. The wind had shifted and the air was cooling. There was supposed to be a "southerly buster", a Sydney summer storm, but there hasn'tbeen a drop of rain at all. I just looked at the radar - we might get a little rain in about halfan hour, but it doesn't look like much. The cooler weather forecast for tomorrow doesn't look like it will happen, the forecast tempertures are hotter than they were saying yesterday.

After this afternoon's tests, I've made an appointment to see my GP for the results tomorrow afternoon. difficult child 3 will have to get himself to his tennis class (unless I can change my appointment time tomorrow). It will be his last class until school returns after the summer holidays.

husband was home today while I was hobnobbing with the literati glitterati, there were a number of calls from the school about upcoming presentations. We're booked in to the school presentation day for Friday - mother in law & husband are coming too. The principal rang, not only is difficult child 3 getting an award, but I am too! They've reserved seats for us right up the front, so it looks like my experiments with my hair for today will get put into practice again on Friday! Then we're back there for another presentation for difficult child 3 (and other kids) on Tuesday next week. I'll be able to tell you more after Friday.

All very exciting...

Enjoy your Tuesday.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-I'm glad you are able to paint when you can't sleep. I hope you'll post your blue jay when it's done. Wishing right now that I had a snow removal service. Our snow blower is broken so we'll be shoveling out of the mess!

Marg-Wow-You are not kidding about your day being busy! I've got my fingers crossed for you and easy child/difficult child 2. Congrats to you and difficult child 3 on your award!

Work today and then straight home. easy child has a game to cheer at tonight but I'm guessing it will be canceled. I'm just hoping the storm doesn't get too bad until we are all home. The snow is suppose to start early this afternoon. I'm guessing some districts will close early but ours is so large we can't (has to do with busing and other things).

It sounds like it is going to be a major storm. husband's arm and back are sore so I am going to try and do most of the shoveling but to be honest I'll probably need some help. Guess that will be my exercise for tomorrow. Then on Thursday the predicted high is 10 degrees-brrrr! Definitely too early for this weather.

I am hoping that this means we'll have a white Christmas. I remember a few years back getting walloped and then it all melting before Christmas.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning Linda, Marg, Sharon and all to follow!

Linda, I certainly hope that by now you are sleeping! What a day you had yesterday! I agree about posting your painting!

Marg, another member with a busy day! Good luck with the presentations. Hope the doctor has some positive suggestions.

Sharon, hey girl - what in the world are you talking about doing all the shoveling. You have a 12 year old and a 16 year old - send the kids out to do it!!!!! They need to take some responsibility and care at their home and this is the perfect job. Have one start at one end the one at the other (just to keep them seperated). I had my kids doing stuff like this when they were younger than yours. Now I don't have to rake a leaf, or shovel a path. It's part of the responsibility of a family. Hope you all get in safely before it gets bad.

Office today. I'm working on a special project with our insurances. We have a lot of property policies, one workers comp, several business liability policies, and a few auto policies. I'm visiting the dedctibles to see how I can raise them to save on premiums! I've got all the policies identified and on a spread sheet, it's now a matter of reading all the dec pages to identify the deductibles! Kinda boring, but in the end I'm hoping to save some money every month!

Have a great Tuesday everyone.

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning kids.
Hope you are all hunkering down for those in the storm's path. Brrrr. :snowing::sled::2cold:

Linda, it's been a while since you have pulled an all nighter. Hope the painting turns out well. I'm sure it is enjoyable to do.

Marguerite, I don't envy you the heat. I'm sure it makes it difficult to feel productive as well as sapping your strength.

LDM, insurance is the bane of my existance. Between insurance and SSI, I feel like it's another language. We are still dealing with hurricane nonsense and probably will for a while longer.
Have fun though.

with-O, I'm with LDM, the kids should be in there helping. Even if you offer to pay them for their work as enticement the first time. Everyone contributes to the family and they have to learn those life lessons now. They will turn into slugs as adults who leave things for others to do or live in squalor. My kids would be slugs if I let them and the jobs they do aren't done perfectly but they have to contribute in some way. Shoveling snow is hard work and kids need to burn off energy. Besides, you have a bad ankle and a sore tail bone.

Today is another day or chores but since husband is out of town for the night, difficult child and I may head off to the mall by late afternoon to enjoy the decorations. I may even treat him to dinner if he helps with the chores. LOL.

Hope you all have a productive day. :xmasdancers: