Good Tuesday Morning!

tiredmommy

Good morning! :coffee:

I woke up a little early so I thought I'd start the good morning thread. Another busy day... getting ready for Duckie's party and the amusement park tomorrow. I hope to get a nap in later or I'll really be dragging! :coffee2:

Duckie is excited that I'm picking her up early so she can go to my aunt's house for some "cousin" time. It'll be wild there with two 16 year olds, a 10 year old, 9 year old Duckie, twin 9 year olds and twin 4 year olds. I think I'll drop her and run, lol!

Have a great day! :salute:

Good Morning Everyone,

TM,

Sounds like you've got a busy day ahead of you! I'm sure Duckie is having a hard time waiting for tomorrow!!! However, I'm sure some time with her cousins will make it easier for her to wait for her big day. I think dropping her off and running is a great idea, lol...!!! Hope you manage to get a nap in.

Today is going to be a nice day here, much less humid then it has been. I wish I could jog or at least go for a walk but I'm still having problems with my right foot. Next week I'm seeing my rheumatologist. I'm actually looking forward to it, lol...!!! It looks like my "favorite sanity saver" might be getting her stitches out on Friday - Keeping my fingers crossed...

This is the last week of school for my kids. They're getting out late this year. While they're not happy about it, it's fine with me!!! I plan on taking advantage of the few quiet days I have left. Unfortunately, easy child hasn't found a job yet and difficult child 2 will not be going to camp - He'll be home most of the time with me. Just hoping I'm able to exercise again soon - Otherwise it's going to be a really LOOOOOOOOOOONG summer!!! I need to try to think more positively.

As always, I hope everyone has a great day!!! SFR

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

TM-I like the idea of dropping and running! Actually it sounds like a lot of fun for Duckie! I hope you get your nap in!

SFR-I'm glad you'll have some nice weather today but sorry your ankle is still bothering you so much! I'm glad you have a few last days of peace & quiet left.

I just finished looking at pictures on line of the storm that went through here last night. There were a lot of flooded streets and some damage in our city but fortunately not much here-mostly just a lot of rain. However, I've about had it with the rain this year. I'm tired of mowing!! Of course, more storms are in the forecast for today. difficult child is supposed to go log rolling at camp this afternoon so I hope he gets to.

This morning difficult child will miss camp because he has a therapist appointment. It's with a new place so hopefully things will go well.

At some point today I'll probably get to the club but I may take today off from exercising-we'll see.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

LittleDudesMom

:good_morning: Good Tuesday Morning Ladies!

TM, I agree with the rest - drop and run....fast!

SFR, your foot has been bothering you on a off for quite a while hasn't it?I hope the doctor has some suggestions to ease the pain for you. Enjoy these last few quiet days!

Wiped, love those summer storms! Since we live in an old house, we have some pretty big windows - there is usually a good spot to sit and watch the show when they come through here. Now, because we live in an old house and old neighborhood, we also loose power pretty regularly....Don't forget that nap today!

Office most of the day for me today. Bonehead and I had our first real argument in years Friday morning. He's called here a couple times since then, he calls to just "talk" every couple days. I told him yesterday that I was still raw from Friday and would deal with him professionally at the office but couldn't deal with him personally right now. He was a little shocked but thinking about just shooting the breeze with him, or hearing him use me as his therapist is not something I am interested in anymore.

SRF's comment about enjoying the last few quiet days of summer reminded me of what difficult child said to me yesterday morning. I got out early and ran some errands yesterday. I got home about 10:30. difficult child woke up and came downstairs about 15 minutes later. He walked up to me in the kitchen, leaned over and gave me a kiss on the cheek (get those still from my boy several times a day :redface:) and said, "You have me for the next 10 weeks!" And then he did the evil laugh!!!

Hope your day is a good one - keep cool :laugh:

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day, people.

TM, sounds like Duckie is going to have a very exciting day!

SFR, enjoy your few extra days of quiet. I hope you can get some good answers for your foot.

Sharon/WO, I'm glad your home didn't get much damage from the storm. We don't get to mow much here, even when we have rainy summers - there are too many deer around, eating the grass down!

Sharon/LDM, sorry about your fight with bonehead. I hope he give you the space you need to sort it out. And I had to chuckle at difficult child's comments about the summer break!

We've had another fairly typical day. Treatment in the morning, then a bit of relaxed shopping (a couple of odd items) then home in time for lunch. husband went to the doctor for his next rabies shot, then we took difficult child 3 out to his drama class. We let him drive (a good lesson) even though it was raining and there was a lot of traffic.

This morning I bought myself a new bag, a birthday present from mother in law. Just in time, too - husband & I are going out tomorrow to the Opera House, to see Sir Ian McKellan in "Waiting For Godot". We'll head in to the city after my treatment, have lunch then see the play. I have to be home in time for choir in the evening.

Enjoy your Tuesday, everyone.

Marg

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good Tuesday morning, everyone!

TM, your day sounds fun~
SFR, good luck with the rheumy~
Sharon/WO, I have never EVER heard of a log rolling camp! That sounds like so much fun!
Sharon/LDM - good for you for setting strong boundaries with Bonehead! I too am stuck in the office today ;o(
Marg, Enjoy the opera!

I have been getting up early with H so I can get in a little walk (emphasis on the little part) with the dogs and have coffee with H. I have to get to bed earlier, however, if I want to keep this up - I am so tired and it's only 9AM!! Been loggin crazy hours working on my mom's paperwork for the nursing home - looking forward to an earlier bedtime tonight.

Enjoy!

change

Good Morning Everyone,

I've been busy landscaping my backyard in the Houston HEAT! At least one of my brothers an my Mom are helping!! Daughter is helping too...since I had to give up her respite camp for fear of her acting out, this has been good.

HAPPY SUMMER EVERYONE!!