Good Tuesday Morning!

LittleDudesMom

Morning Ladies!

I'm getting ready to go into the office early today. Yesterday was difficult child's birthday and we had a great day for his 15th!! We didn't get to everything on the "Birthday To Do" list so we will resume today and hit the shoe store, bank (to deposit birthday funds), and the theatre for a movie. I need to do something with easy child for an hour beforehand so I'm leaving here early so I can et 3 or 4 hours in at the office and still have a good chunk of the day left!

Hope your Tuesday is a great one!

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

Sharon-Sounds like a very busy day ahead. Enjoy! I'm glad difficult child's birthday was such a great one!!

This morning I'm taking difficult child to his therapist appointment and then I have a chiro appointment. After that I'm heading to school to work on my classroom.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.:peaceful:

Marguerite

G'day for Tuesday.

Sharon/LDM, sounds like difficult child has had a wonderful birthday.

Sharon/WO, I hope your appointments line up well for you. I hate it when the first one runs late, and you have to rush to get to the next.

We have had a full Tuesday. It is a busy day in our week. difficult child 3's late afternoon drama class means we have to dive to the mainland for that, so we make the trip worthwhile by packing in other stuff. Today I'd organised an English lesson for him, with the teacher I still need to sort stuff out with. I haven't really had the chance to talk to her alone (difficult child 3 doesn't know about the problems and I won't tell him). So difficult child 3 wanted to drive to the school. That's a long and challenging drive for a leaner driver. Heck, it's challenging for an experienced driver!
We got in a bit late (so we could avoid peak hour) and difficult child 3 had a second lesson organised, with computing studies. Meanwhile I sat in the school courtyard and got some of my own work done.
On the way in, difficult child 3 commented that he gets a lot more work done this way, going in to the school for individual lessons. Please could we do more? Well, I know his teachers are prepared to...
I was impressed with his driving (which included the automatic tollway and the heart of Sydney at the end of peak hour). Heavy traffic. Then he did his first proper reverse park when we got there. I thought he had already done one, but apparently not. I'm beginning to have new respect for computer games like Grand Theft Auto, which is where he has prepared himself for driving! Scary, really.

Both teachers said difficult child 3 worked well. One teacher was ready to let him off some of the work to give him a break, but difficult child 3 said, "No, I need to go until the end of it."
We left later than usual, difficult child 3 drove out of the city to the mall in our district and I went on to do some shopping for bearings (vacuum cleaner power head - what idiot built the thing with UNSEALED bearings? All that dust burned out the bearings really quickly). I headed back, collected difficult child 3 then let him drive to drama class. After drama we had another big breakthrough - difficult child 3 came to dinner with me and H, instead of his usual choice of "Let me buy a pizza and eat it in the car while you two go to the restaurant."

Tomorrow we get to stay home, I have a lot of bookwork and paperwork to do, while difficult child 3 has some urgent schoolwork to complete. Hopefully his good effort today will continue tomorrow.

Today's weather during the day was beautiful, warm and sunny. Once the sun goes down the chill begins, but again it's warmer than a couple of months ago. The jasmine and the peach is budding, the wattle (Aussie national flower) is in full bloom so trees are covered in tiny gold pompoms. Winter is just about over here. Good.

Enjoy your Tuesday.

Marg

mstang67chic

Going Green
Morning everyone! *yawwwwwwnnnnnn*

Sharon- hope you get everything done and still have fun!

WO-hope things get "straightened out" today! ;-)

Marg-Holy Koi woman! I need a nap from just reading about your day! Hope you're sleeping and having easy child dreams right about now!

Me...*snort*....I'm sitting in the break room at work right now. I got up over an hour early this morning so I would have time to get the chip in my windshield fixed before work. Turns out.....it's not bad enough to fix. :slap:. Soooo....I now have over an hour to kill while staying awake.

Not much on the agenda for today. Work and difficult child needs to do a bit of shopping tonight. I'm getting the last minutes plans made for his graduation party. husband and I both went through the pictures taken of difficult child last night and picked our favorites. (I posted a few in WC) I'll print a selection out to have at the party so I can "take orders" from everyone.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Good Morning Everyone,:bloodshot::coffee::beautifulthing:,

Sharon (LDM), HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO difficult child:hapBday:!!! Hope you manage to get everything on his to do list accomplished today. Enjoy the movie.

Sharon (WO), As usual, you have a busy day. Hope it goes quickly and smoothly!!!

Marg, I am so happy to hear about how well difficult child 3 is doing:D. I'll have to google the wattle - Never heard of it before. I can hardly believe the warmer weather is heading your way and we're heading into the colder months already!

Today I'm going to spend some time with easy child getting her ready for school. Marg's post reminded me that I need to stop by the registry of motor vehicles and pick up a driver's manual for her - She'll be starting driver's ed soon.

As always, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today... SFR

Good Morning mstang!!!

Since you have some time to kill, I recommend lots of coffee, lol...!!! I'll have to check out difficult child's pictures at the WC... I'm so happy to hear difficult child graduated!!! Way To Go difficult child!!! SFR