Good Tuesday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

Another beautiful fall day ahead. We're starting out at a chilly 28 but will climb to the low 50s.

Work today and then voting. :proudamerican: Hopefully I'll make it to the health club but we'll see.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:kisses:

Marguerite

G'day for Tuesday.

Sharon/WO, those temperatures sound really cold to me. That would be a cold winter's day here in Sydney. Brr!

We had a cool, rainy day here today. Melbourne Cup Day - "the race that stops the nation" but when it was running, I was out in the chookhouse digging manure with a friend, for her garden. She had wheeled her barrow from one end of the village to the other, up and down hills! When difficult child 3 & I drove out later, we couldn't see hr on our way out of the village so she must have made it back home.

I mentioned in yesterday's morning thread how mother in law had got her drivers licence renewed and a number of you commented that you thought she wasn't driving any more - she is driving, but only within the village. Here, when drivers reach a certain age, they have to either get re-tested every year, or get their licence endorsed "local only" and limit themselves to 10 Km radius. Or hand in their licence completely. Frankly, she's not that competent any more but still drives to the corner shop for the newspaper and to buy milk. Any further, such as to the mainland or to the mall, and I drive. Or she orders a hire car (available for free to war widows like her).

I have a big day tomorrow - an early start in at the school, another staffing panel. It will be a big one, we had a huge number of applicants and it has been a real headache going through them all. Tomorrow we sit down as a committee and formally work through them all. Because it has to be done professionally and fairly, this takes time. I don't get paid, but they do provide lunch. And then I have to go back when we do the interviews. While I am in the meeting (which will be all day) the SpEd has arranged to set up some one-on-one lessons for difficult child 3. After we get home I have my opera choir lesson in the evening. I am going to be so tired!

Enjoy your Tuesday.

Marg

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good Tuesday morning all!

Sharon, we're also enjoying some nice brisk cold weather - also the cold start but by midday, it's really quite nice. H loves the cooler temps, me not so much because I know that soon it will not warm up midday!

Marg, you have described what sounds like a long day. When it is time to finally lay your head down to rest, I hope it's a nice long one!

I am home sick from work again today - this cold has decided to stick around and I don't think anyone will appreciate my sneezing and wheezing around the office. I will get out to vote and pick up a few things from the store to make a nice chicken soup. I have some studying to do - my teacher called me yesterday and told me that she misplaced MY cardiology test from last week so I have retake it tonight - ugh! I also have an assignment that isn't due till tomorrow, but I"m hoping to get it in today just to be done with it. So, anyway, I'm home with my dogs today. We can cuddle later on the couch and watch a movie later.

Enjoy the day everyone and if you're in the US - don't forget to vote!!

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning on Election Day :proudamerican:

I hope everyone takes the time to exercise their freedom by voting today!

Sharon, it was a chilly start here with temps in the 30s. I think winter is coming, slowly but surely.

Marg, sounds like a long meeting tomorrow morning - hope you are getting a good nights' rest!

Jo, sorry to hear that cold has really taken hold of you. Gets some good rest today!

I'm taking the day off today since the schools around here are all closed and difficult child is out. He and I are walking up to the polls (2 blocks away at a local church) a little later this morning and then I'm going to do some work on my upstairs this morning and then he and I are planning on hitting the movies this afternoon. I need to strip the beds in my two guestrooms and begin to prep for our third annual "cousin's weekend" the 13th and 14th. This year we are adding two cousins who haven't made it in the past - ought to be a great time!

Hope your day is a great one!

Sharon