Good Tuesday Morning!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!!

Happy October 1st!
:autumn:

This is my all time favorite month (and it isn't just because it's my birthday month)! I love watching as the leaves turn, love football, love the turn in the weather, and all of the smells of fall. I could go on and on but for your sake will stop!

Work is on the agenda today followed by a night with no appointments. Tomorrow after work though I have pt and then we have a contract ratification meeting. I'm so glad that our governor has not been able to break our union (though we have lost a lot) and that our district is still willing to bargain; there are very few school unions left in our state so I am very thankful.

Also, now that it is October it is time to get out your
pink for breast cancer awareness!

Wishing all a day filled with beautiful moments; remember to give your difficult child a hug:fall:

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning Sharon and all to follow!

I love October as well but we are having a heat wave! We are in the high 80's through Sunday! No ac needed in September but October brings back the heat -- fortunately the humidity won't accompany the heat.

Glad you have an open evening today as your Tuesday sounds full!

I'm adjusting my weekly schedule a little -- easy child and I joined that new gym last week and I'm figuring out the best time to hit the gym. I'm not a gym after work kinda person. They open at 5 am so I could go early. Since difficult child gets out at 10:30 on odd days, today I'm going to try going to the gym at 8, coming home to shower and then pick him up and go to work. Obviously I will be at the office later, but I think I would rather that than finish work and come home and change for the gym. We'll see....

Wishing all a great Tuesday!

*Sharon

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee2:

Sharon/WO~ Enjoy your evening and good weather. I hope tomorrow evening's appointment and meeting are fruitful.

Sharon/LDM~ I could never figure out a good time to work out, maybe that's my issue with working out. Enjoy your unseasonable warm temps!

I'm sorry I haven't been around much, but the tired household is been embroiled in some pretty serious difficult child drama and I am drained. It's too exhausting to even recap it so I welcome any good thoughts that can be spared.

Have a good day. :warrior:

SuZir

Good Early Evening!

No heat waves around here, solid 40 F during the day and around 30-35 during the night. Rainy, muddy, dark, some very wet snowflakes now and then. Not my favourite month ;)

However, this is a good day for us. We have been planning joining a respite parenting program with husband. We have time, space and stamina and respite families are desperately needed to help young families with little to no support network to make it through tougher times. We took classes in August and early September and our homestudy has been in works since then. Today I got a call that it has gone through and we can be matched to the family in need. That shouldn't take too long, there are lots and lots of families waiting to get a respite family for their kids, because in our area there are lots of people who have moved here and left their support network behind.

So quite likely we will quite soon have a child or group of siblings being part of our life and spending a weekend and one or two week night a month with us. I'm excited. It will be fun to have younger children again in our house (and yes, I'm aware there will be also issues, while the program we participate is for low need kids and families (i.e. it's early prevention program for families that are in risk but don't have serious issues yet), it's not going to be the same as babysitting our enviably easy child nieces, nephews and godchildren.)

Californiablonde

Good afternoon! I love October as well. September is a yucky month for me so I always look forward to October when it comes around. The first month of school is horrid plus my birthday is in September and I really don't look forward to birthdays anymore at my age! Halloween is my second favorite holiday next to Christmas and our office is all decked out in ghosts, witches, and pumpkins right now. So cute! I think I will decorate for halloween at home this year. The last few years I was kinda depressed and my kids told me they are too old for silly decorations, so I haven't been doing it. I think I will start up with the decorating again. My kids may say they are too old for decorations, but I always feel good when I do it so if anything I will do it for myself. I am going to the 99 cents store this weekend to see if they have anything cute there I can use for the house. I am just super relieved that September is finally over!