Good Tuesday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning All,

It's a mild morning here but they are predicting the cold to hit tomorrow. We do have a dense fog advisory but I haven't looked outside yet to see what it looks like.

This morning I get the pleasure of driving both difficult child and easy child to school-can you hear the sarcasm? It should be a busy day at school as we have an assembly and a trip to the symphony. I always like the symphony but sometimes it puts me to sleep because it relaxes me so much.

After work difficult child has a therapist appointment. husband will take him as I still have another conference but I might try to meet them there. I'm not sure because I also have a wake to go to. A friend at work's mom died. Her mom was the 5th mother or mother in law to die on our small staff this fall.

After that I'm hoping at some point to get to the club and also make the twice baked potatoes for Thanksgiving.

I hope everyone has a day filled with pleasant surprises. :painter:

Marguerite

G'day Sharon, and all to follow.

Sounds like a stressful day all round. A bit freaky about all those deaths - still, I guess it happens when your co-workers are all at the age when the previous generation are a bit long in the tooth...

We had our usual too-busy Tuesday.

My lunchtime class at the school - too many kids, not enough desks, chairs or equipment. So the kids worked it out for themselves. Despite the noise, they were focussed and enthusiastic.

difficult child 3 spent all day working on one subject and wrote two sentences. He actually laughed when he told me - I said it wasn't a laughing matter and have told him that tomorrow, he works with me, under my eagle eye. Down at the beach if we have to, or in the park. Away from the house and the distraction of easy child 2/difficult child 2 at home.

We shall see...

Tomorrow will be the last sunny day for a few days, we've been told. Not sure if we're getting much rain, if any. We had a doozy of a thunderstorm last night but I didn't hear it - I sleep with ear plugs. It woke everybody else. And we are coming up for five days of these, from tomorrow afternoon.

Enjoy your Tuesday, everyone.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:thanksgiving2: Good Morning Sharon, Marg, and all to follow :thanksgivingday:

Sharon, sounds like another incredibly busy day in the wiped house! Wow, that's a lot of death in one group - but Marg is right - when we reach a certain age, we begin to see the fast spiral of the death in the previous generation. Hope you get a good nap during the concert :sleeping:!!!!

Marg, it really sounds like you are having a nice moist spring and early summer! Quite a contrast to the last couple of years. Enjoy the outside classroom! :flower:

I have a little deliema here at my house. easy child's boyfriend is coming to have Thanksgiving with us (well, dinner at my mother in law's). easy child's friend is dating easy child's boyfriends friend - got that????? Anyway, easy child's friends dad invited his daughter and her boyfriend to his house (he and friends mom are divorced and both are remarried) which is about 45 minutes from here. So, he is driving here and the dad has offered to have him spend the night.

Well, easy child's boyfriend is riding with him. What this means is that I have a big choice to make here. To allow easy child's boyfriend to spend the night or not?????? It's not like I don't have a spare bedroom for him, I do. It's just the principal.

Unfortunately, easy child's boyfriend dad has to work and they are sharing a car right now and dad needs that car to get back and forth to work.

easy child has not come right out and asked me. But she did mentioned that boyfriend was catching a ride with his friend and her friends dad has asked him to spend the night so he doesn't have to drive back so late.

Hmmmmm, I just don't know what to do. She's such a good kid and would love having him here (and fortunately he doesn't mind being with us either!)

I'm running out to the specialty grocer this morning to pick up one thing for thanksgiving and then some special coffee. Then I'll go and get my nails done. I'm going to work tomorrow instead of today since I'll have to do payroll a day early. I'm taking this day as mine :lipstick:

Sharon

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon, another busy day for you & yours. I truly hope you get to the gym to burn off some of that activity. You seem to get sick when you cannot get those workouts in.

Marg, I love nighttime thunderstorms. I love sleeping with the sound of rain. Are you getting more precipitation this year? Sounds that way, though I know it's early in the season.

Sharon, I won't touch your dilemma. As far as husband is concerned with kt she won't be dating or even looking at boys until she's 25 or so. Yeah - right! Have a good day!

kt is off to school & I'm enjoying my hmj. It's just before sunrise & the cardinals are feeding in my backyard sanctuary. I've counted over a dozen cardinals already. I've noted in my nature journal that cardinals seem to be the first to feed in the morning just before sunrise & last to feed at night, right at dusk.

I've learned to look forward to counting/watching them each day. On average there are around 15 to 20 cardinals feeding at any given time. Such a pretty sight. :picture:

Enjoy your Tuesday - hope it's calm, filled with cooperative difficult children & successful recipes for the upcoming holiday. :thanksgiving:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning my friends. Happy Tuesday of turkey week. :thanksgiving1:

Wiped out, your days are really packed. Sorry to hear about all the deaths. It always seems like there are more deaths in the fall and spring for some reason. Hope things lighten up for you.

Marguerite, enjoy the sunny days.

Sharon, it's a fun, normal dilemma. :thumb: How to teach a easy child about appropriateness. I'm not a big fan of empty gestures. If easy child and her boyfriend were engaging in inappropriate behavior then it won't matter where he sleeps. There are boundaries to teach if he does stay overnight. Seems more realistic and a useful life experience to prepare her for college where you have no say and no idea what is going on. Just my .02.

Linda, I love the cardinals too. They are magnificent.

husband came home sick from work yesterday. He really burns the candle at both ends at times. He has slept, coughed, sniffled and slept some more for almost 24hrs. Poor guy.

My mom continues to putter around, cleaning and polishing things because she enjoys it. :shopping: Tomorrow I'll take her to the mall for entertainment. She doesn't get to do that too often. She'll love it.

difficult child did a big job for me yesterday. I tend to not ask him since he makes such a fuss or does it poorly that it isn't worth the effort. I helped him organize and gave him specific instructions. I went out and helped a bit since it was a huge job. He and I went to the dump with the truck packed with things to toss. I was pleased at his work ethic and ability to keep a good attitude. :bravo: husband and I are still thinking there is happy juice in the NC water since mom and difficult child have been so positive and pleasant. LOL.

2 more days until easy child comes home. It will be nice.

Have a good day.

TerryJ2

Hi Sharon, Marg and Linda. Sounds like your fall weather is really kicking in.
Good luck driving today, Sharon1.
Sharon2, I don't know what to say about the overnight except that I hope you have a big house with-lots of doors. LOL about the boyfriend's friend's friend, whatever. :)
Cardinals are so beautiful, Linda!

I dropped the dogs off at 7 a.m. for grooming.
I'm going to counseling with-husband--the first time he'll have gone with-me for months! One of my main issues is that he's a workaholic ... he just couldn't find time to go b4. Imagine that!
Then I'm doing lunch with-a friend.
difficult child is being picked up by a friend's mom and going straight to their house after school. Yaaaay!

Have a great day, everyone.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Good Morning All as well!!! We here on the West we have a freeze warning and dense fog this a.m. it is 21 degrees right now! Balmy...

K is still having some issues. But doing better.
Did anyone see the CNN Anderson Cooper report last night, Finding Amanda? All about a wonderful young lady with Autism. She was traveling to a conference and has a video on "youtube" it chronicled her journey and her impact on others, especially others who are Autisitc.

Good day to all as well...