Good update

crazymama30

Since all I had been doing was venting lately, I thought I would give a positive update on me.

I went to my therapist on thursday, I was such a mess that I called on Monday and told her I was not doing well and needed to see her. She fit me in, on what I think was her lunch break. It was all I could do to keep from crying during the visit, I had to go back to work afterward so I did not want to go back looking like I had been crying, it is not pretty.

She called my primary doctor who handles my medications but she wasn't in. Left a message. Called dan's psychiatrist to find out if he could go anywhere for a few days as I needed a break. His psychiatrist called me back that evening. Asked me what was going on, I explained how I had been feeling, I won't go into details but it was clearly my depression rearing its ugly head hardcore. Asked me what medications I take and the dosages, I told him. He upped my zoloft to 200mg. I was worried about my primary doctor being upset that I was following his directions when he is not even my doctor, though I do trust him. He said he knows her and they get along and to just tell her I am following doctor's orders.

I am taking Tuesday and Wednesday off. Tuesday will be a completely me day. My mom gave me some money and told me I can only use it on me, and that is my plan. I am going to get the stereo from my kia, the one that was totalled, installed in my focus. I love that stereo, it has a port to plug my mp3 player into, and with the speakers and subwoofers in the focus it will rock. I might go for a hike or a drive or both.

I can already feel the difference from the increase in zoloft. I respond quickly to dose increases, thank god.

Just wanted to give a positve update since everything else I have posted has been so negative.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Great update! I'm glad therapist could get you in and husband's psychiatrist covered for your fam doctor. Now that is a team effort!

Now you be sure to thoroughly wallow in your Me Day. You've earned it and then some.

Hugs