Good Wednesday morning, my friends,.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
It promises to be a pretty day today with highs in the mid 20's :hot::abouttime: & the sun shining. I can feel the snow melting already.

My cleaning lady is due in at noon today - thank goodness. I've been doing some early spring cleaning - going through clothes for donation; sorting out children's books & toys that can be donated to women's shelters & such. They are always in need of that type of thing at shelters.

I never made it to the store yesterday for Valentine's Day purchases so I'm out the door at 8 this morning before my medications hit me & I'm down for the count this morning. Thank goodness it isn't much or I'd have to drag husband along & he loves shopping about as much as he loves root canals. :bigsmile:

Enjoy your Wednesday. Here's to a calm day with no meltdowns (hear that difficult children!) & bits of time here & there for yourselves.

K

Kjs

Good Morning to all.
TM--spring cleaning? heck it has to quit snowing first!
I really don't mind the snow, it only bothers me if it snows on the days I have to work. makes for a very slow, long, nerve wracking commute.

I finish my work week at noon. My little dog is getting fixed today. Not sure how to keep her from jumping. Hope they have good drugs for her.

Have a good Wednesday.

Marguerite

G'day everybody.

Linda, I hope you get your shopping done OK and the weather stays fine for you. Not too soggy underfoot (I'm not fond of trying to walk in melting snow - it seeps in the seams of my ugg boots).

Kjs, I hope your little dog sails through the surgery OK.

A quiet day today, but productive for difficult child 3 with schoolwork. Tomorrow is a busy day - liver biopsy, then the day after we drive north for the family weekend.

Today was a momentous day for Australia - it was the day the leader of our country said sorry to the indigenous people, for all the wrongs done to them in the name of governments past and present. A day of healing, I hope. It was televised, schools and businesses stopped to watch it on TVs, listen to radios. Broadcast on almost every network, talked about all day. I posted on Watercooler, for those who want more info.

Enjoy your Wednesday everyone.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:flowers: Good Wednesday Morning Friends,

Linda, hope you get that Valentine shopping done this morning :cupid:!

Kjs, I have a hyper jack russell and after he was fixed, he was definately calm on his own for a couple days :cool_dog:- they know!

Marg, I was interested to hear on the news about the your country's apology to the indigenous people. I truly beleive that those who are in the majority have no idea what it feels like to be judged on something you have no control over. The apology couldn't possibly every make up for the years of injustice and pain, but it shows an acknowlement of the injustice.

Not much planned here today. I think I have one quick laundry load, a quick run to the grocery for tuna, tea and orange juice, and a little houseowork. I'm a little tired today from all the driving yesterday, mom is doing well. I may sit in my evil chair and close my eyes this morning!

Have a great Wednesday everyone - keep it warm :coldday:.

Sharon

tiredmommy

Good morning Linda, Kjs, Marg, LGM and all to follow. :coffee:
Linda- I'll be making chocolate covered strawberries for the family tonight. Enjoy the better weather.
Kjs- Prayers being said that your little pal comes through the surgery well and with no complications. I doubt she'll feel much like jumping for a few days.
Marg- I agree with LDM, acknowledging the injustice is the first step to healing. I'll check out your WC post.
LDM- Take it easy today, you've earned it!
I'm volunteering at the school today... but with the kindergartners. I told Duckie's former yeacher I'd assist with the 100th day of kindergarten, it'll be fun! Then I decorate cupcakes and dip strawberries.
Have a great day!:)

SaraT

Good Morning Everyone,

Linda-Enjoy the sunshine.:beach:

Kjs-Hope surgery for pooch goes well. It was the chewing of stitches we had to watch for with ours, not jumping.

Marg - I'll have to check out the WC post. Sounds like a good first step in the right direction.

LDM - Get the shopping done and curl up for that warm nap.

Tiredmommy-Have fun at the school. I hope the kids enjoy their 100th day.

Nothing much happening here today. Trying to stay warm and off the bad roads. It is snowing again.:snowing::frozen:

I may try for a nap too. Had easy child B in emergency last night. Her wrist was really swollen from when she and My Stray got hit by a car Thursday. At first we thought it was a sprain, but didn't get better so took her for xrays. Three hours later:rolleyes: they told us it wasn't broken, gave her vicadin(sp) and a special brace and sent us home. Needless to say she is in NO condition to go to school today.:winks:

Stay warm and have a good day all.

tammyjh

Good morning,
Its snowing here and its my kids 7th snow day of the winter. At this rate, they'll end up going to school for half of the summer. I'm anticipating spring so much!! Being cooped up with the kids in the house gets on the nerves after a while. It wouldn't be bad if I could send them outside...I do send them out but they won't stay there long.:laughing:

Have a good day everyone

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning friends. We have made it to the middle of the week. So far so good.
Linda, hope your summers make up for your long winters. Enjoy your valentine shopping. It's a fun way to put a little color in a drab month.

Kjs, hope your little pup isn't too uncomfortable.
Marguerite, it's a good thing your President did. Societies are evolving from conqueror mentality to every person deserves to be treated equally.

LDM, glad mom did well. Rest a little. You need it.

TM, partying with K kids is fun. You are straining my discipline for healthy eating with the idea of choc. covered strawberries. Yum.

SaraT-Yikes! she was hit my a car! How great is it that she only has a bruised wrist.

husband is going to take some time off this afternoon so we can meet for a bit of time together and to run some errands. We want to hang some pictures on walls etc. Tomorrow is a busy day and Thursday night the siblings start to arrive. We are excited to see our new niece as well as the 2 nephews.
It will be interesting to see how our 2 pups interact with an 8 and 10yr old. Hopefully they will enjoy all the activity.

easy child is interviewing for a job on weekends. Keep your fingers crossed. He sure is self motivated. I want him to concentrate on school but he has a mind of his own. I sit on my lips big time.
difficult child is hanging in there. I wish I could get him focused more. He does well for a week or two then slips back into negative attitude. Very frustrating.

Hope you each have a warm, safe day.