Good Wednesday Morning!!

LittleDudesMom

:snowman: It's "Get Back Into the Routine" morning here!

The kids go back to school and I go back to my routine and stop spending so much time sitting by the fire! difficult child asked me last night "Can I be sick tomorrow?" :rolleyes:

We have a nice blast of cold temps, but nothing like you guy in the midwest have been experiencing. There are some tiny flurries in the air, nothing to "write home about" but something white nonetheless :blizzard:

Wishing you all a productive but stress-free day :salute:

Sharon

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon, kt is also heading back to school today! It will be nice to get back into a regular routine. Hope your children have a good day. I think you should take an extra day about the fire though.

As I said, kt heads back to school & is happy about it. It's a frigid 9 below this morning & I've got hot chocolate ready for kt before she heads out this morning.

I've a neuro doctor appointment this morning - I'm looking for a positive update from my last MRI & the next step in treatment plan. You all know that golf season isn't that far off & neuro doctor needs to get with the program. :rofl:

Other than that appointment it will be a non eventful day.

Enjoy your day - stay warm. :cold:

Marguerite

G'day, everybody.

husband was back to work today, but he said the place was very quiet - he was the most highly qualified staff member in the department today!

We have another month before school goes back. Summer is well and truly here, although damper than previous years. I remember summers like this when I was a child - hot and humid, with a welcome afternoon thunderstorm for half an hour (or less) which would cool the place off briefly.

I'm still resting to get over the severe headache of New Year's Eve, although I can't put off my shopping any longer. I'm going out tomorrow with the boys to give me a hand.

I did get to the beach this afternoon, though - the water was warm, surprisingly so. I kept my sunglasses on even in the water (not easy when you get splashed by waves) and put on my wrap hat (I described it to you before, Linda - they're sometimes called "Araphats" because you can look very Arabic in them if you ignore the baseball visor). I wrapped the loose folds of the hat around my head to screen out as much light as I could and I think I got away with it.

When I get back home tomorrow I have two jobs to do, both involving the beach. One - a friend who lives right on the edge of the beach has a novel she's working on, wants my help. And two - difficult child 3's godmother wants to talk at length, and prefers to do that while we're on the beach.

This way I can work and rest at the same time!

I'm being careful to not get sunburnt, although a government ad on TV now claims that melanoma can develop even before your skin starts to tan. While we DO have a high rate of melanoma in Australia (none in my family, no skin cancers at all) we also have an increasing problem in Australia of Vitamin D deficiency. We're all so paranoid about UV exposure, we sunscreen and cover up so much that we're going too far the other way. I've found out how much sun we need to prevent Vitamin D deficiency, but I'm trying to find out how true is the info on melanoma. It just doesn't seem consistent with all the info we were told when the cancer warnings first came out. And I also found - not enough Vitamin D, especially in winter, seems to be linked to a higher risk of getting MS. I had plenty of sun as a kid (too much - there were no sunscreens then) and it seems I may have MS anyway.

It just doesn't make sense.

So in the interests of preventing rickets, I'm spending time at the beach. Carefully. With my darker skin, I need more sun time than easy child 2/difficult child 2 (my redhead daughter, she of the blue-white skin). Side by side, me and husband - we look like the Celt and the Middle-Easterner.

It takes all kids to make a world...

Enjoy your Wednesday, everyone.

Marg

Good Morning Everyone :coffee:,

Sharon, I hope your "Get Back Into the Routine Morning" goes smoothly. I hope difficult child also has a smooth transition back to school in spite of his attempt at not going today - I've got my fingers crossed!!!

Linda, Hot chocolate sounds delicious. My kids only got milk and orange juice this morning. I hope you get a positive update at the neuro docs office this morning!!! After "knowing you" almost a year now, I'de be surprised if you aren't on the golf course this year!!! The neuro doctor obviously doesn't know who he is dealing with!!!

Marg, I hope you're feeling lots better ASAP!!! Enjoy your time at the beach. Please send a bit of the sunshine and warmth our way!!! Thanks.

I'm so HAPPY!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: The kids are back in school today!!! I SURVIVED their vacation!!! :smile: My difficult children definitely took a toll on me during their break. :grrr: Enough complaining for now. I can actually do all my errands, food shopping, etc. this morning without the stress of having my difficult children with me!!! :smile: I don't think anything can destroy my great mood this morning!!! :dance: I'm FREE if only just for a few hours...

I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today... :flower: WFEN

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Sharon-I'm with Linda-I think you should take an extra day by the fire just for you! Enjoy the cold air and flurries-I know how much you like snow. :snowman:

Linda- It's cold here too! I hope your appointment. goes well and be sure to let the doctor know that golfing season is right around the corner!

Marg-A trip to the beach sounds heavenly right now especially with our frigid weather!

WFEN-Enjoy the FREEDOM!!!! :princess:One of the things I haven't been able to figure out is how to send my kids back to school without me having to go back as well :teacher: Enjoy your much earned peaceful day!

I'm starting the day with a headache-probably all the bad for me food I ate yesterday. It's back on track today with a visit to the health club. :smile:I'm also meeting my friend and godson for a round of indoor mini-golf!

difficult child has after school I think. husband doesn't really want to send him because difficult child so doesn't want to go. I could take him mini-golfing with me. My friend asked for him to come, besides my godson she is bringing one of her students who is a difficult child in his own right. We'll see what we decide to do with difficult child.

I hope everyone enjoys a peaceful day and finds many reasons for smiles. :picture:

Oh yeah-my team won their bowl game yesterday-GO BLUE! :fan:

happymomof2

Good Morning Everyone, I am jealous sounds like most of you are getting to send your kids back to school. Ours don't go back until the 8th. But difficult child went to work with his dad today :bravo: , so all I have to do is deal with easy child - starting to feel she should not really be called a easy child, we need another abbreviation that lands somewhere in between difficult child & easy child :rofl:. She is 12 going on 25 and far from perfect most of the time.

I must call and make some appts with employment agencies for tomorrow :rolleyes: .

Balance :checkwriter: and pay bills.

Put away Christmas decorations and tree and clean house.

Hope you all have a peaceful day - those of you up north stay warm and Marg by all means enjoy your trip to the beach - think of us while you are there and send us warm thoughts!!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning everyone. I am home sick today, just feeling like blech. Thick crud in my head and throat and mother nature has stricken again this month. My DR gave me a medication for the pain, but I just want it to all go away. I can't wait for menopause to hit full throttle so it all ends. Ugh. This peri-meno stuff bites. So, I'm in bed today!

Have a good one everyone.