Good Wednesday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning All,

After a very tiring day yesterday, I skipped the health club and went to bed early and am feeling better this morning. I still wish I had the whole day to sleep but that isn't happening!

After work today there are no meetings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! husband and I will go to the club at some point. I hope to get to bed early again as well.

Wishing everyone a day filled with happy unexpected surprises.:kisses:

LittleDudesMom

:DGood Wednesday Morning Sharon and all to follow!

Sharon, glad you got to bed early last night. Wishing you a restful afternoon and evening.

I got up with the chickens this morning :erm: easy child's anatomy class is headed up to Baltimore to see an exhibit with cadavers - nice huh? They had to leave at 6:30 to arrive at 11 due to the nova and Difficult Child traffic. I got up with her and fixed breakfast and lunch. We had a few minutes to enjoy an early morning cup of hmj together. The won't arrive back until around 7 since they are with the rush hour traffic both ways!

SOL testing begins for difficult child this morning and continues until next week. He actually likes this time of the year because there is no homework and really no new material in any class so he has reading and drawing stuff in his backpack!

I feel like going back to bed, but I've the gym, grocery shopping, a research paper I'm typing for someone, and some general house stuff to do today. Hopefully, like the other Sharon, I can hit the bed early tonight!!

Have a great day all :peaceful:

Sharon

tiredmommy

Good morning Sharon & Sharon and all those to follow. :coffee:

Sharon (W)- No meetings sounds good to me! Enjoy the club.

Sharon (L)- I can't imagine seeing cadavers as a teen for school. I'd be freaked out, lol! Fingers crossed that SOL goes well.

I'm debating whether to go to the school today or not. I just started an antibiotic for a horrible sinus infection and feel like I could sleep the day away. The only thing is, I have to start working on the library inventory at some point!

Have a great day! :salute:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon (with-o), can't imagine why you'd be exhausted. Catch a nap sometime today since you have no mtgs lined up. Order in dinner & then head to the club.

Sharon (LDM), I'd have loved seeing cadavers in high school. Hope easy child enjoys the field trip.

TM, take the day to heal & then head out to the library inventory. You'll get more accomplished if you're working at full force.

kt is off to school & I'm enjoying my last cuppa hmj for this morning. Since I've been up since 2:30 I expect I'll be taking a nap before I begin anything of import this morning. Nothing of import to do, hmmmm...

husband is taking kt to therapist this afternoon & I'll enjoy a couple of hours of alone time. Downside to husband working from home is there is no time alone.

Have a good day all....keep it calm. Hope you find a reason to smile today.

Good Morning Everyone:coffee:,

Sharon (WO), I'm glad you got some extra zzzs :sleeping:last night!!! Enjoy your meeting "free" day!!!

Sharon (LDM), I'm totally grossed out by the cadavers!!! As far as you getting up with the "chickens", I literally got up with the wild turkeys. There are a bunch of them that live in the woods surrounding my house. My "favorite sanity saver", along with just about every other dog in the neighborhood, wants to make sure everyone knows the turkeys are visiting. And, unfortunately, wild turkeys are up at the crack of dawn...

TM, I hope the antibiotic kicks in soon!!! Stay home and rest. Hope you feel better soon!!!

Linda, Enjoy the time you have to yourself today!!!

As always, things are BUSY around here. Today difficult child 2 has an appointment with his developmental pedi. All three kids have dental appointments this evening. In between, I have lots of errands and a bit of work.

As always, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today...:flower: WFEN

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/Wiped, I'm glad you went to bed early last night. You needed it. Here's hoping you can continue the good pattern tonight as well.

Sharon/LDM, I hope easy child enjoyed her anatomy class. The first experience with cadavers can be a bit daunting.
And I hope difficult child isn't too bored today with the testing.

TM, maybe you should stay home and look after yourself - it could speed your recovery.

Linda, enjoy your precious solitary time. I hope you enjoy your day.

WFEN, three separate dental patients in one family, right on dinner time - let's hope you have a quiet evening.

It's been a big day today. difficult child 3 & I drove in to his correspondence school for their annual Open Day/Demonstration Day. Instead of the usual display of students' work or student performances, this was more like a party for students, put on by teachers. Each subject department had a different display/activity, and the kids had fun going from one to another. They got a stamp for each different activity they tried and at the end of the day they got a 'prize' (school merchandising - difficult child 3 chose a yo-yo with the school logo).
He had a go at rock-climbing (a portable commercial rock-climbing apparatus) and did surprisingly well for a kid who doesn't get out to exercise. AND did it wearing ugg boots instead of sneakers. We missed the NASA satellite link but made it for the second satellite hook-up with the fitness department of another school. There was a woodwork activity, making a tangram puzzle and puzzle holder; a CSIRO science session dealing with states of matter; pond life, examining small aquatic invertebrates; music, cooking, history trivia, etc.
Then they put lunch on for everybody - mounds of pizzas and tubs of drink bottles & cans.
After that difficult child 3 & I left to do our weekly shopping, then go to his evening drama class. Of course, while shopping difficult child 3 did his usual crawl of the games shops price-matching. This time it was for Wii Fit, which we have been planning to buy some time in the next few months. Then difficult child 3 stumbled on a brilliant special, a "today only" sale after hours tonight. 20% off. Yes, we went back after drama class and bought it.

When we got home we unpacked the shopping and I had a long talk to my sister, who tried to telephone last night but could only leave a message because difficult child 1 was having a l-o-n-g conversation with girlfriend. Of course he never told me someone had tried to ring.

My sister talked for ages, then handed the phone to another of our sisters who is visiting her at the moment. It seems my current health problems are also hitting others in the family, and they needed to pick my brains. I was glad to talk to them but it was almost 9.30 pm by the time we finished, and I still hadn't had dinner. Luckily I'd fed difficult child 3 before I made the call!

Is it any wonder I'm tired tonight?

Enjoy your Wednesday.

Marg

TerryJ2

Add me to the list of people who want to go back to bed. Must be sinus and leftover aches from weekend warrior housecleaning. I feel like my arms and legs weigh a ton and I'm very groggy.

I left the car door windows open last night. It poured rain. We drove to school with-beach towels all over the seats but still had telltale wet b*tts.
:(

Sounds like you really did spend a lot of time on the ph last night, Marg! I know how that can go with-sisters, especially when it's a health issue.

difficult child has a huge end-of-the-yr US map test. We told him if he gets an A we'd give him something special. Sigh. He's gotten Fs on the pretests...