Good Wednesday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Mornng!

The middle of the week is here! The countdown continues. Only three days left! Today we have an all day field trip. It should be a lot of fun but I'll be glad when it's over because I am so tired!:bloodshot: Hopefully the rain will hold off but at least they can do in door activities if needed.

After work I have to pick up both kids-not fun because it takes so long. I'm guessing no workout tonight but we'll see. We also have to go shopping to get difficult child some clothes for his 5th grade graduation tomorrow-nothing like putting things off til the last moment!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day!:peaceful:

LittleDudesMom

:coffee:Good Morning All!

Sharon, sounds like a busy day for you all today. I would not want to be shopping the night before - my difficult child is very particular about his clothes! Here's to a really quick stop and the perfect outfit first off!

Our temps this morning the same are the same as yesterday at this time, but we are promised about 12 degrees lower than the 101 we had yesterday! Good thing. I was melting...... difficult child also told me that he had some kind of field day today. Told me at bedtime. Said he never got a sheet on it to sign up for a hotdog but he would just take his lunch. I tried to get more specifics but he doesn't really know what is going on!!! Oh well........

I have his IEP meeting at 11:30 so I'll hit the gym then get home and gather my wits and shower!

easy child has no exams today so she does not have to go in. Just one more, anatomy, tomorrow and she is done. difficult child has today and tomorrow as well. I just want to have Friday here so I don't wake to my alarm at 5:30!

Wishing everyone a great Wednesday :bigsmile:.

Sharon

Andy

Good Morning!

Wiped Out = Sounds like you will be livining up to your name come bed time tonight. I hope the weather cooperates - bad weather can slow you down.

Little Dude's Mom - Your schedule sounds busy also - I hope you get a break from the heat.

My difficult child and his babysitter have their first day of bowling today. Plan was to drop at McDonald's or somewhere nearby. They can eat breakfast and walk to the bowling alley. However, we are getting stormy like weather so I will need to leave work to take them to the bowling alley.

My heart is a little sick today. Last night our congregation voted on a school budget that will cause all teachers to go 3/4 time. I heard one for sure may not be able to afford to return at that and I wouldn't blame the other two to look elsewhere. One has been with our school for 18 years. So unfair!!!! There is no way we can find teachers to work for so little. I don't know what will come in September. My husband is schoolboard chair and talking about resigning - difficult child has been talking about how his dad will hand him his 6th grade graduation form next Spring. :sad: The task force states, "No one wants to close the school." But this will for sure. A school board member told the task force that they need to be involved in finding the teachers and were told, "No, that is the school board's job." I don't want new teachers, I want to keep the awesome ones we have. :sad: This is all so unfair. If the school closes, I think I will need to resign as Sunday School Superintendent, Vacation Bible School chair, and Board of Education Chair (not involved with day school) and transfer to another church. I can no longer feel good at a church that puts their kids so far down on the low priority list. So, where difficult child will be in September is questionable.

Good Morning Everyone:coffee:,

Sharon (WO), I hope difficult child's shopping trip goes smoothly and quickly!!! I hope you get some much needed zzz's soon!!!

Sharon (LDM), My difficult children and easy child never let me know what is going on until the last minute too. This morning easy child brought down a bunch of paperwork for school and said it had to be filled out right away - This happened ten minutes before she had to leave for school. She was given the forms at least three months ago!!! They're for the high school she is attending this Fall. KIDS!!! I hope the IEP meeting goes well!!! Keep us posted.

Today I'm going to try to get rid of some of the clutter that has been accumulating around here. The house could really use a good cleaning but getting rid of the clutter is at least a start...

It's hot here today but some of the humidity should be gone. If it isn't too bad, I'm going to try to take my "favorite sanity saver" for a walk.

I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today... WFEN

Adrianne,

Sorry to have missed your post. My phone rang while I was in the middle of typing and you must have posted during this time. I'm so sorry to hear about the problems with the school budget - Around here it's the same too - The kids are always the ones who lose out... It STINKS!!! Thinking of you... WFEN

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

Sharon/Wiped, I hope the school excursion goes off well without the wet weather. And don't worry about the workout tonight - after the busy day you're heading for, I don't think you will need it!

Sharon/LDM, I hope today isn't as hot for you as yesterday. And difficult child telling you so late about the excursion - isn't it just typical of them!

Adrianne, the news about the teachers' salary cut is appalling. Wasn't there anyone there to speak up for the teachers? Surely if the congregation had the chance to hear all points of view, they would have realised the need to maintain the salaries? I really hope this gets sorted, soon.

WFEN, good luck with the decluttering. I wouldn't have though it was a job to do in really hot weather.

We had a busy day today. difficult child 3 was working fairly well (good) but we had a lot of interruptions. After his school day we left to go out - me, mother in law, difficult child 3. First I saw the GP about my leg -we'll know more after an ultrasound, she thinks it's a torn muscle. Then difficult child 3's drama class, then we grabbed some food, met up with husband, therapist and therapist's daughter and went to a special screening of "The Black Balloon".

In the foyer I met the mother of one of the other cast members (Elephant No 1) who was there with her family and kids (including her other son who played Rainbow Lorikeet No 2).
The film was received well. The audience gasped at all the right places, laughed at all the right places. therapist was crying when the lights came up, she said she started halfway through the film. Her 9 year old daughter seemed to really enjoy it too, although I was a bit concerned for her during some of the more harrowing scenes.

As we left (difficult child 3 & I got a lift back home with therapist and daughter while mother in law & husband went in our car) therapist said, "It's a very raw film,very real. But just before it gets too harrowing it pulls back so you can still handle it. I'm going to recommend it be included in the Special Education Teacher training course my husband runs."

Afterwards I had been talking with the father of the other cast members; they've been in touch with the production company and were told that the movie is currently in Edinburgh; if it is picked up there, then it will be going to LA after that. So it may get to the US soon after all!
At drama class one of the other cast mothers was telling me that she spoke to the writer/director at an awards night for ASPECT (Autism Australia) and was told that the DVD is definitely getting released with the Special Features including the full Noah's Ark sequence (ie our kids) and the interviews they did, plus the "making of..." segment our kids were in.

All in all, an exciting night.

Tomorrow is difficult child 3's science study day at his school. He hurt his foot tonight (I'm still not certain he's not chipped a bone) but I'm hoping he feels OK in the morning so we can go. I've got his schoolwork already packed (the stuff to hand in, as well as more to do on the journey). I've also got administrative stuff to sort out for difficult child 1, but he didn't get home from Bible study until about half an hour ago and when I went looking for him to talk to him, he'd gone to bed already.

I'm hoping to get a bit of quiet time tomorrow during difficult child 3's study time, although last time I was needed to be there as a support. The doctor doesn't want me doing too much on my leg in case it's not a torn muscle but a clot instead. If I have time I might be able to schedule the test for on the way home.

Wish me luck! Have a fun Wednesday!

Marg

change

LOVE & HUGS to all of you who still have to endure school days right now!!!! I'm so relieved to be in "summer-mode" right now for once as I usually teach summer school. Here's hoping it comes QUICKLY for all of you too!!!:wine:

Headed out for a jog then taking daughter Father's Day shopping. :shopping:My husband has to commute this summer to his job (he's in night school changing careers) and poor man has to leave the house at 5am to get to work on time 90 miles away! At least it's just for summer. I better get him something good from me too! ;)

Andy

We have a very old congregation. What is playing into this outrageous descision:

1. Many of our older members are products of one room school houses - they don't understand why one teacher can not teach 6 grades these days. (at the last voters meeting someone pointed out that back than only reading, writing, and arithmetic were taught - no computers, art, etc. Curriculum has changed - no teacher wants to teach multi classes)

2. Many of our members had kids who attended our school when 4th - 6th was in one class room (20 yrs ago).

3. Many of our members do want to close the school because they don't want church money going into it. (SELFISH, SELFISH, SELFISH - someone always points our that not all our members send their kids there and many of the kids that go to school do not go to our church - JUST PLAIN SELFISH)

4. We have very LARGE family units so just a few families can control the church. They brought ALL their relatives out of the woodwork (children who are away at college for example) to vote their way.

5. Many people don't care what happens, as long as the church can meet budget (it's o.k. to hire a DCE intern for $23,000 + this coming year and manage to replace our retired church secretary with two part-time secretaries and still end up paying more for the two than for our one even though by going part time we don't pay insurance.

6. Most of our older members believe that anything to do with the church and school should be all voluntary - You should never have to pay for anything - they believe because people have chosen that life that they shouldn't expect pay at all.

7. For the most part, our task force told everyone that we have to do it their way to stay in budget - we can't use some assets to get through the next year because they are looking at a long term solution, not a short term fix.

What hurts is that many of the members in favor of this just had their last child go through the school within the last 3 years and are willing to sabotage the school's future.

The school board (especially husband) put tons of hours into this to make it work with what the congregation set for them (from $92,000 support to $30,000 support from the church) just to have it thrown back in their face saying, "Nope, not good enough - do it OUR way."

Our cogregation is full of "sit on your butts don't dare offer to lift a finger to help but you better run things my way" kind of people. This will be the last straw for many good people and many will be looking for a new church. Then those who say good riddance will soon find that these members not only put in time but were also the bigger financial supporters. You know, those quiet financial supporters that everyone looks at and thinks they have no money but they actually do.

And, one of the people pushing for this is a postal carrier who just changed routes so as not to loose wages but expects our teachers to willingly take a cut in pay.