Good Wednesday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

It's the middle of the week once again. Sunny and warm is the forecast-only 84 but the humidty is suppose to return today.

For difficult child's camp today he gets to go to a Brewer's baseball game. Sounds like fun to me but difficult child doesn't want to go so cross your fingers he maintains.

It's a busy day ahead for me. I'm heading into school this morning to start working in my classroom-the custodian I talked to last week must have asked to have my classroom done first because yesterday when I stopped by mine was done and it was the only one on my end of the building.

At noon we have a team meeting regarding difficult child. From there we will take easy child (who will have to wait in the waiting area) to cheerleading practice. husband and I will hang on that side of town.

Hopefully somewhere in all of this I will be able to squeeze in a nap and a visit to the health club!

Wishing everyone a day filled with unexpected surprises!:D

Marguerite

G'day for Wednesday.

Sharon/WO, I'm glad you got into the classroom at last. I know it's been on your mind.

We've had a quiet day today until mid-afternoon. We left earlier than usual so we could get to the highway school in time to meet therapist's daughter - therapist has just come home from hospital after having a brain tumour removed. From there we went to the library for homework, then to difficult child 3's drama class, then home, dropping the girl off on the way.
She and difficult child 3 are good friends, it was great to see them chatter away.

I did my usual Wednesday evening thing and bought a burger for difficult child 3 for dinner. And I just realised - I just gave him a serve of the lamb shank stew we made today, adapting a recipe from the new Nintendo DS Cooking Guide. So far, that has proved to be a VERY useful little software package!

Tomorrow difficult child 3 & I have to go into the city for difficult child 3's Science study day.

Enjoy your Wednesday.

Marg

Andy

GOOD MORNING ALL!!!

:)

Wiped - Have fun setting up your classroom. I was at a meeting at church last night and two of the teachers were working on putting theirs together. There is a teacher's conference at our school Thursday and classrooms have been switched again so they set up EVERYTHING from chairs to supplies, ect. I do hope difficult child changes his mind and is able to enjoy his field trip. Hope you get to the health club and a nap though I am not sure where you would get time for both - do you go to like midnight or something? (Just kidding. LOL)

Marg - Glad you had a good day. It is so fun to watch our difficult child enjoying time with a friend. My difficult child had a boy over from the baseball team. They had NEVER gotten together before but behaved like they were very long lost friends - it was so much fun to watch.

Tonight I take difficult child and two boys to a Redhawks baseball game as difficult child's birthday party. Since I don't need a 2nd driver, the mom with the girl has decided not to go because the girl does not want to go. That also leaves two spots in my vehicle so we are taking one of our Pastor's and a friend of his. We gave tickets to pastor who was going to take his grandson but the boy could not be out that late (football the next day) so pastor invited another person.

It was brought to my attention yesterday that difficult child's Friday appointment is 8:45 am so I will take Friday off of work. I hope today and tomorrow are quiet days - I have a week's worth of work on my desk! difficult child starts school next Wednesday so I can start working a few hours each day to catch up and write my standard operating procedure (detailed outline of how to do each of my job duties).

I hope all have a great Wednesday!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon ~ we've had that humidity for the last few days. You have to love this kind of heat to be outside. Have fun setting up your classroom. Keeping fingers crossed for difficult child.

Marg, hadn't heard of the Nintendo DS cooking guide ~ will have to check it out.

Adrianne, sounds like a fun party for difficult child.

As I said above, we have the sticky hot weather today ~ with kt's medications she's more homebound than I'd like. PCA & kt had planned on a bike ride around a lake near here. I'm thinking a bike ride to the park with a picnic lunch & a dip in the lake there. (It has a great beach) I'm sending a cooler with 6 bottles of water.

As for me, I have a nursing appointment this morning ~ delivery of medical goods that I need here in the house & instruction on how to use them. I spent yesterday on paperwork & will be finishing up today hopefully. I'm in the process (per Mayo doctor's profound suggestion) of applying for disability. Ick. Don't like the idea ~ I want rehab & back to work.

I've finished another painting that was an abysmal failure & am on to the next. I will have to rethink things before I start this one.

Have a good day friends - stay cool.:water_happy:

Marg's Man

My Google is localised for Australia so it comes up with this link:
http://cooking-guide.nintendo.com.au/?

Further digging suggests that it not quite ready for the US market yet. The intended release date seems to be 24 November (Isn't that around Thanksgiving time???) It's metric so I guess they need to convert the measurements to the old fashioned system still used there. (VBG)

Marg will tell you that I am one of the last to buy a new game for difficult child 3 but I had no problems with getting this one. I WANT him to learn to cook and this will encourage it. I've seen too many blokes who would starve to death rather than go into the kitchen. Being able to cook well is only a tiny step beyond that.

I grew up in a family that insisted that the traditional male/female roles be blurred. The boys had to learn to cook, clean and sew and the girls had to learn basic car maintenance, plumbing and electrical repairs.

I can service a car, rewire a house and then come inside and cook a three course meal and darn my socks while it simmers (don't ask me to knit the socks though LOL). So can Marg but she can knit as well.

I often despaired of being able to carry this attitude through to my kids. Despite our efforts; easy child grew up clueless about it ALL although she has landed on her feet since leaving home.

The difficult child's!!! Forget it! Although there are signs that they are all going down the same path easy child did. Learning after they leave and Mum & Dad are not there to do it.

Yes it is a good package. difficult child 3 did Bœuf Bourguignon adapted to use lamb shanks instead of beef using it last night. Yummy.

Marg's Man

Last edited: