Good Wednesday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Once again I am up way too early. I hate losing sleep! Hopefully I will get in another hour or even a bit more before having to get up.

I probably should get up early though and try to shovel before heading to work-more likely I'll save it for tonight and hope I can get out where the plow went through.

We just finished with one round of snow and are under a storm warning for Thursday night into Friday-6-12 inches more. At this rate we'll break our record snowfall of 100 inches for the winter that we just got last year!

After work tonight I'm taking difficult child to his psychiatrist appointment. Some medication tweaking may be necessary as he is extremely emotional lately.

Wishing everyone a day filled with smiles and laughter.:christmasgift:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning Sharon & all who follow,

Sharon, I'm in a different position physically, but I hired a snow removal service; have to tell you it's well worth the charge. (Fifteen dollars a storm/snowfall over 2 inches) With you & husband stretched so thin you might consider it.

The snow that Sharon is expecting, is the snow we rec'd last night. With that snow the temps have risen to a balmy 8 degrees versus 11 below yesterday morning. I felt like I could put on a pair of shorts & go out to play! :snowangel:

I have a neuro doctor appointment this morning; thankfully PCA has finished all her finals & can come in early today to stay with kt while I go to my appointment. Ought to be an interesting commute this morning.

This afternoon is an appointment for kt with therapist on the other side of town. I may let PCA & in home therapist handle this one & stay home. As I can't make it up therapist's stairs (historical bldg issue) we meet in a restaurant & that's a bit too distracting for kt. While I miss out on what's going on ~ kt gets more out of the therapy.

I'll finish my holiday decorating & plan our Christmas Eve menu for dinner with husband, kt & myself. (I'm uneasy about this but family therapist is pushing it.) Do our traditional linguine & clam sauce for that dinner I guess. Or mac & cheese? :spaghetti::rofl: I guess I'll make sure it's special for kt. husband & I are in agreement to be civil & friendly during our interactions when the kids are around.

Have a good day all.

Marguerite

G'day for Wednesday.

Sharon/WO, I hope you can manage to get out of your driveway for the appointment tonight. All that snow - I wish I could see it.

Linda, I hope your neuro appointment goes well I agree, taking kt is not a good idea, especially as we get closer to what we in Australia call "the silly season" (a generic term for Christmas, which often seems especially silly when we cook hot baked dinners while sweating in blistering heatwave conditions). I hope your Christmas plans with husband work out OK. has he found himself yet? Or hasn't he looked behind the sofa yet? (sorry - can't help the sarcasm, I posted earlier on another thread about my feelings when it comes to people being passive-aggressive).

We just got back from difficult child 3's final drama class for the year. One of the other mums brought along some hand-me-downs, including a lovely down jacket with a hood (which mine hasn't got). It used to be her husband's when he was a kid, she said. And it fits me! Of course, it's summer and I won't need anything like this for six months, but it means I can maybe hand my good down jacket onto husband or difficult child 3.

We got some other good stuff too, including some summer clothes for difficult child 3.

Speaking of difficult child 3, he's doing much better now with his Maths, showing working and really understanding his work. I spoke to his Maths teacher today, he'll organise a one-to-one lesson in the new school year (February). He worked well today so we had another trip to the beach. The water is still a bit chill at times, although on a hot day it is exactly what we crave. difficult child 3 seems to be part walrus; he dives straight in. I just wish he could tan up a little more, he looks so pasty white he looks ill.

Tomorrow is my cleaning/cooking day, although storms are forecast. Still, a lot of the times we are forecast to have storms, they're dry. We were supposed to have storms this afternoon, but apart from a spell of strong winds, nothing. The satellite shows a front coming through, we could get some rain out of it maybe. But also a lot more heat.

I have a few more local cards to complete and send, then that will be it. Just the Christmas shopping to do... aarrgh!

Enjoy your Wednesday.

Marg

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Marg,

husband has finally gotten off his pity pot & found himself an apartment that can be afforded. We're now running 2 households on one income ~ should be interesting.

He's in therapy, along with rehab (AA I would guess, he's not sharing - I don't really care at this point, just take care of the problem.) He & I are in marriage counseling; for some reason I'm not that invested this time around as I was 3 years ago.

I'll check out your thread on passive aggressive people - certainly fits my husband to a tee.

LittleDudesMom

:forchristmas: Good Morning Friends!!!

Sharon, your sleeping patterns are a little asceu right now! Only two more mornings till you can stay up later and sleep in longer!!!! The snow you and Linda are having sounds great :blizzard:! Our weather is crazy......30's now, up to 50 by noon, back down to 40 this afternoon - it's no wonder I have a terrible cold! Hope difficult child's appointment brings him a little more stability. It's a tough time of year for our difficult children.

Linda, make that 24th meal as stress free for you as possible. Ask kt what she would like to have to make it special. She may not want the traditional - you never know. Perhaps she and pca can work on prepping what can be done early. I know it may be tough for her to find the motivation to do this for dad, but it's also for you! Be safe out there today :frozen:.

Marg, good to hear that difficult child is popping in the math department. My difficult child goes hot and cold with math - his favs are history and science and I never have to pressure him to work on those! Receiving the hand-me-downs is great! It's like new to you, right? You know I love the winter and hope for snow, but I also do a 360 and am passionate about the shore! Enjoy the water :beach:.

I am really fighting a doozy of a cold here. I don't think I've had one this bad for a number of years! I'm sleeping sitting up because the chest pressure is so bad. I've been taking some muslex since yesterday morning to hopefully loosen that up. My head feels three sizes too big, my nose is stuffed and my throad is sore!!! Yes, basically I'm a mess! But, there is much to do and not enough time to pamper. This morning is the gym, I'll do the weights and walk the tread for awhile - I just don't think getting in the water is good right now. I need to clean out the car, get the last batch of Christmas cards out, put together the fudge for the teachers, put the clean laundry away, and deliver all the nativity procession costumes to church. I believe all that can be done before I pick up difficult child. I'm hoping for a 30 minute nap after picking up difficult child. When I have a cold, rest seems to work wonders!

Have a great Wednesday everyone!!!!!

Sharon

Andy

GOOD MORNING
:D:D:D
Wiped Out- You may just get that 100 inches before New Years the way it is going. Be careful shoveling. Don't twist your back. Good luck on the new medication tweek.
Timer - Take it easy when you are out and about today.

Marge - I know a few chilled people who can use a coat right now! Some of us have such cold weather that we are considering two or three coats to wear on each outing.

Little Dude's Mom - I hope that nasty cold goes away real soon. The journal I read yesterday on our last December states that I was sick over Christmas. difficult child went to church with husband on Christmas Eve and cried the entire time because he didn't want me to die - poor thing - anxiety just can't recognize a basic cold.

I am running late as usual today. I don't need to help with the 2nd graders until after Christmas so I can put in some extra hours to make up for yesterday and this Friday plus hopefully extra hours to add for my pharmacy/lab bill processing duty.

We had a potluck at work yesterday. The bakery didn't have the cranberry nut bread so I purchased Cranraisin Almond. It was too warm to slice so I sliced it at the party. I didn't have butter because I wasn't planning on serving that. I don't think anyone ate it so I brought it home. What a shame, it really did not need butter but one would not have known it if they didn't try.

Everyone have a great day today. Find a way to make your difficult child laugh.