Good Wednesday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends!

We have made it to the middle of the week!! So far our weather this week has stunk!! Starting today it will get better:) We even have sunshine in the forecast!!

Today at school is pajama day! How cool is that? I'm going to wear sweats and a sweatshirt!

After work today I have my first pt appointment. and then husband and I are planning on working out. I think I'm just making pancakes for dinner tonight. The Fiber One pancakes makes them fairly healthy.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning Everyone and Happy Earth Day!!

If everyone does one thing today that is good for our earth, imagine the possibilities!

Sharon, sounds like a nice day for you today. I love breakfast for dinner!

Our original forecast for today was to be nice and in the 70's. Now it's cloudy and in the 50's and I planned on being in the hard all day......

Hope your day is a good one.

Sharon

Andy

:earthday:
GOOD MORNING
Wiped Out - We also have had icky weather that is suppose to improve starting sometime today. PJ day - how fun. Pancakes sound good! Yummy!

Little Dude's Mom - Bring on the 70's! Hope it gets there as forcasted.

Dental appointment this morning. difficult child has a cavity on front upper tooth (from braces).

My supervisor asked if I could attend a 2:00 meeting today. Since I have no idea how long it will be, I asked a friend to take difficult child to the bowling alley after school where I can pick him up from if the meeting is longer than one hour.

difficult child has a report at school (he chose capybaras - worlds largest rodent) and we will get "supplies" for him to start working on. Assigned on Monday and due Friday. I wish he had more time - he loves these presentations and wants to put so much into each report. I want to go to the library and look for the book "Capybobby" about a family who raised a capybara. Sounds interesting. This year he wants to use large poster boards. Last night he printed colored pictures from the internet for the boards.

So, our next two days will be busy.

Everyone have a great Earth Day! Find a way to make your kids laugh.

Sharon (WO), I'm glad sunshine is returning to your area:D. Pajama day sounds like fun. I love breakfast (binner as NVTS calls it, lol....), for dinner too!!! What time should I arrive?

Sharon (LDM), Sorry about the change in forcast... Hopefully, you'll get another chance to spend the day outside soon!!! I agree - The earth would be in so much better shape if everyone does something to help. In our house, we use recycled, reusable bags for groceries, etc... It's a small step but an easy one to do.

I'm glad we've hit mid-week. Without being able to exercise, having the kids home for vacation is difficult (I'm being nice!!! Feel free to use a different word.) This morning I plan on doing a bit more organizing in my bedroom closet. Then I have to take difficult child 1 to pick up his new glasses, run a few other errands, pick up fish for dinner, and do a bit of research concerning supports for difficult child 2.

As always, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today... WFEN:flower::earthday:

Andy,

I'm a bit S L O W this morning - Sorry I missed you! It's nice that your difficult child is enthusiastic about working on his project. I hope the dental appointment goes well. Have a great day!!!:D WFEN

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

Sharon, I'm loving the pj day! Enjoy your sweats. I'm so spoiled because I telecommute three days a week, and it's sweats each of those days for me! Nothing beats that level of comfort. The pancakes sound yummy - save some for us...

LDM, I'm with you on Earth Day. It's the little changes that can really add up. Spring is a perfect time to remind us of our stewardship duties to our dear Mother Earth.

Today is husband's birthday! Both easy child and difficult child have really risen to the occasion . easy child made a special trip home over the weekend and gave husband a nice gift. difficult child and I went shopping yesterday , and he picked out and bought the perfect gift for husband. This is really the first year that they have done this on their own - without prompting - and it's a wonderful feeling. Some things really are sticking....

We had yet another large tree fall in a windstorm here last week. The tree removal guys know us by first name now,and are loving us. Fortunately this one did not hit the house, which was a minor miracle. However all the utility lines were wiped out and just yesterday we finally got totally reconnected.

We are going to have to complete redo our side garden as all of our shade is now gone. We had 8 types of hostas , four varieties of hydrangas , and a shaded pond. This will all have to change, so we've pulled out the gardening books and are checking out the full sun varieties. We'll miss the beautiful trees (this one was a silver maple that turned a glorious yellow in the fall), but it's nice to be able to plan a new garden.

Each day difficult child is getting closer and closer to his graduation. It's so hard to believe. He still hasn't completed his Senior project and we're all on pins and needles, hoping that he does make it. He has to complete the "portfolio" of the project and then give a presentation to a panel of judges on May 7th. Neither of these are his strong points, so wish us luck!

I hope that everyone has a beautiful Earth Day! Find some moments of peace for yourself.

Valerie

Marguerite

G'day, folks. I'm a bit rushed today. I forgot it was Wednesday...

Long story. I'll keep it short. We had a fairly quiet day (for a change) andd I caught up on sleep where I could, got little tasks done as well. More to do. I got some painting tasks done, some phone enquiries dealt with. Then husband got home, I had waited until then so I could make dinner that suited everybody. I had just made the main dish and only needed to cook some rice, when the doorbell went. it was my lift to choir practice - I had forgotten! So I whipped off the apron and handed the wooden spoon to husband.

I just got back from choir practice and finally had my dinner.

Tomorrow I have a couple of doctors' appointments and I'm doing some shopping with mother in law. WHenever we have to go out "to the mainland" we get as much done with our errands, as we can.

Weather-wise - it's cold at the moment (not full-on winter cold yet though) and damp. Occasional bursts of rain, then misty dampness, then dry. Then rain again. Mould is growing on everything. I'm feeling cold and piling on the winter woollies, then feeling hot and peeling off layers. I don't now whether to blame the weather, or hormones.

I'm hoping that the doctor tomorrow lets me stop taking prednisone. I'm also hopeing he has some alternative treatment options for me. Wish me luck!

Marg