Good Wednesday Morning!

tiredmommy

Good morning! :coffee:

I was so happy to check the school board election results this morning to see that my candidates won! Yeah! :thumbsup:
I have to get ready for work... I'll be helping in the library today & tomorrow.

Have a great day! :salute:

tonime

toni
Hi- haven't been on the board in a LONG time! difficult child (going to be 12) is doing ok--driving us crazy as usual. Sometimes, it is so hard to tell the difference bt!w what is normal 11 year old behavior and "gfgness"!

Lately, it seems like he absorbs NOTHING we tell him. It can be frustrating.
Anyway-got to get to work.

Rabbit

:cool-little: Good Morning! difficult child 2 enjoyed the zoo yesterday. Now if difficult child 1 would only get a job! Hope everyone has a wonderful Day!:D:cool-very:

TM- Have a GREAT Day! Enjoy the library !

Toni- I agree its hard to tell! Have a good day at work!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

TM-Good to hear your candidate won! Enjoy the work in the library.

Tonime-I can completely relate. My difficult child is 11 soon to be 12 and so I understand exactly what you are saying. I hope you have a great day!

Rabbit-Have a great day:)

Another very long day ahead and I'm starting with a headache! We are going to a museum about an hour from our house for a field trip. We're going to get to see the Titanic exhibit which I hear is very good. I think my students will have a great day.

After work (seems there is always something after work) difficult child has a psychiatrist appointment. but not til 5:40. It's the same side of town we work on but don't live on so we'll have to think of something to do to keep difficult child occupied.

If I have any energy left after making dinner we will go to the health club. If not I won't worry because in between my therapist appointment and book club I parked my car at work and took a 50 minute power walk yesterday.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Andy

Rain Rain Stay Away!
:D:tongue::D
Tired - Congratulations! You put in many hours for this victory!

Tonime - Yes, it is hard to tell if it is "selective" hearing or GFGness.

Rabbit - Glad the zoo trip went well. Hope difficult child 1 has success in job hunting.

Wiped Out - Get rid of that headache so you can enjoy the field trip.

We have chances of thunderstorms today. However, just 20 - 30 percent so I am hoping that means there will be none. Very large day today and difficult child will be tired tomorrow. 1:00 leave school, drop Diva and her boyfriend off at a shopping center, difficult child has an hour therapist appointment, pick up Diva and boyfriend to go bowling, go eat somewhere, and take in a Red Hawks game that starts at 7:00 (I don't have tickets so that will slow us down getting in). Somewhere in there stop at a hobby store to purchase colored sand for a Vacation Bible School craft. We will not get home until after 11:00.

Everyone have a great day and find a way to make your kids laugh. I am looking forward to lots of laughter this afternoon/evening with these three kids.

Andy

I just checked the weather - they have downgraded the chances of showers and thunderstorms to 10 percent! YEAH!!!!

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

TM, congrats on getting in the candidate of your choice.

Tonime, welcome back. Sorry difficult child is being so frustrating. That's why we're here!

Rabbit, glad difficult child 2 enjoyed the zoo.

Sharon/WO, enjoy the museum. The Titanic display sounds interesting. I hope you can get Leonardo di Caprio's autograph (just kidding).

Andy, I enjoy a good thunderstorm, especially if I'm at the beach in a sheltered cave on the cliffs. As long as the computer is guarded...

We've had a lot of rain here, no storms though. But enough rain to flood the main road out of town. The garden is happy - I'm able to pick lettuce to have with lunch, every day now. In fact, I HAVE to pick it, it's growing so fast. We harvest it leaf by leaf (it's oak leaf lettuce) and make really fresh salad sandwiches that way.

I've got my cleaner tomorrow. He has also been mother in law's cleaner but the guy is periodically unstable. He gave mother in law a scare the other day and she rang the agency and asked to have him replaced as her cleaner. I'm not sure how he will be with me tomorrow. Despite his instability, he is a friend (sort of). However as I said to mother in law, her welfare comes first, I encouraged her to make the complaint. I never told her about his previous hassles, when he (the cleaner) was seen by difficult child 1 being hassled by police and carted off the train; when we asked him (the cleaner) about it, he said that he had been caught "pleasuring himself" on the train. I remember I changed the subject pretty darn quick, the guy has a sort of "punish me, please, I've been a baaad boy" air about this sort of confession and I didn't want to stroke his reverse ego any more than unavoidable. But I suspect what happened back then, was he thought he was alone in the trian carriage but failed to notice the signs in big letters warning passengers that they are being watched on CCTV. I worried back then about whether I should have notified the agency about this, or just kept my mouth shut. I kept quiet about it at the time, because I really don't tink he is a danger to anyone. But he IS strange, he has told me he's bipolar and right now I don't think he's coping with life too well. mother in law can be difficult and she may have aggravated him, but in his position he should be able to cope with stroppy little old ladies and not throw a tanty.

But it could mean tomorrow could be awkward.

I'll report in for sure if things get too strange.

Marg

Andy

Marg - I also enjoy thunderstorms, however, if it storms or showers tonight, the ball game will be cancelled. That is why I would like it to hold off today. That game is a large part of today's plans - the main reason diva and her boyfriend are going along.

Maybe your cleaner guy will have forgotten the train incident - just one more thing in his list of bizarre behaviors. I hope he is able to be somewhat successful with your home so that he can keep this job. You atleast know what you are getting into and can watch for ways to keep him focused on the job. Good luck!

Marguerite

Thanks, Andy.

I hope your game goes ahead.

As for the cleaner - he won't have forgotten his train incident, but he will be hoping that I have. The trouble is, he really is hard work and frankly, only barely makes the grade as a cleaner. He also evangelises at me (also forbidden by the agency, but I've tolerated it in the past from him until he called me a heretic) and gets very self-righteous with it, saying things like, "I feel sorry for your soul."

I'm just over it all, a bit apprehensive about how he will be tomorrow because really, I don't like to have more to deal with than I should have to. Life is difficult enough.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Marg