Good Wednesday Morning!

Andy

GOOD MORNING ALL!
:D:D:D
Looks like no morning thread started yet? Probably a same time friend typing as I do so they can get merged.

Yesterday difficult child was switched from Flouxetine to Celexa. There is a possibility that the Flouxetine is causing what a walk in doctor referred to as "heat rash". It is not healing completely yet.

Today I go into work early again. Diva is leaving at 7:00 for a doctor appointment in Fargo so difficult child will be home alone. Bowling buddy will be dropped off about 8:15/8:30 and I will pick up both boys about 9:00 to take them to bowling camp for the morning. I will give them $$ for lunch for AFTER bowling to give them something to do until I am done work. (12:00/12:30). Then I will have buddy much of the afternoon. This is only working because of bowling camp.

Then this afternoon, I will most likely take the boys to the ball park we were at to look for husband's spare set of keys (See "What a Day" in watercooler).

Tonight I must do difficult child laundry.

Should be a quiet day around here.

Everyone have a great day and find a way to make your kids laugh.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
A group of sleepyheads this morning. kt is getting ready for school ~ I'm getting ready for the floor guys to get here. I also have piano lessons today.

I'm heading out to see wm this afternoon. My visit with him yesterday was nixed because of some medical issues that I needed to attend to. That along with some legal issues that took longer than I anticipated.

wm's chomping at the bit for his birthday gift ~ I think he may be a bit disappointed yet that happens every year. Oh, welll.

Have a good one.

Jena

Hi Linda :)

It sounds like you have a busy day ahead, piano lessons?? wow, that's great! :) good luck with the visit today also!!

I haven't done the morning thread in a while, or any other thread that is. i have work today, yet difficult child's giving me a problem about leaving...hmmmm.............

i hope everyone has a great calm day

Jena

ok i'm saying morning on your thread too!! lol you were right, hence typing at the same time......

how do you feel about switching the medication?? sounds like a busy day ahead for you!!!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning guys. Nice to see you.
Andy, hope things go smoothly with difficult child and his bowling buddy.
Jena, nice to see you on the morning thread.
Linda, how exciting about the floors. I have become a remodel addict. LOL. I hate it when I'm doing it and when it's done, I start to think about the next project. Most of this year's changes were put on hold due to the unstable economy and cost but I keep daydreaming.

I'm inviting some neighbors over to celebrate a retirement. I haven't been very neighborly for the past 2 yrs so I thought I should make the effort.
I'm heading out to the grocery store for fresh veggies, fruit and bread for tonight's festivities. difficult child is going to help with the errand running and general preparation. husband is out of town until an hour before the guests arrive. I'm hoping for good flying weather.

Hope your day is a good one.

Marguerite

G'day, people. I'm going to respond to both threads here, hopefully it will make sense once it's all merged (if some kind moderator will do the deed).

Andy, I hope the bowling buddy can hold it together for you. Good luck finding those keys! At least it is a big bunch...

Linda, I'm glad you're getting back to piano lessons. It will help your cognitive function, too. I hope wm has finally got the info sorted out that he overheard foster mom gossiping about. Honestly, some people...

Jena, I hope difficult child doesn't give you a hard time about work today. Good to see you on the morning thread.

Fran, I hope your celebration goes well tonight. Summer is a great time to have this sort of thing. People tend to be more relaxed and there is also more fun foods available. Wheras in winter, we tend to go for comfort food and huddling round the fire...

Well I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm just about Michael Jackson'ed out. Aussie TV has been at saturation level all day, a lot of regular programming has been cancelled without notice for yet another replay of the highlights of the memorial concert.
Not that I dislike the man or his music - I enjoy the stuff. And the concert was great, very respectful. But after seeing stuff for the sixth time it does wear a bit thin... I change channels and it follows me, I'm starting to feel paranoid!

difficult child 3 finished an assessment task today, so we'll be able to hand it in when we go to his school tomorrow for a study day. Rain is forecast which disappoints me, I was hoping to take some lovely photos of our beautiful Sydney Harbour, holding a Splayd (Aussie spork). See Star's post in Watercooler for more info.
They forecast "occasional showers" today, so I went out on my scooter to return a DVD to the library and drop in on a friend. I was there two minutes when the torrential downpour began, and my scooter is NOT waterproof! SO I piled on board and scooted home at the breakneck speed of crawl, getting thoroughly drenched on the way. I'd thrown on a padded, hooded parka which was soaked through by the time I got home. Corduroy jeans - soaked. Ugg boots (my good ones) - dry inside of course, but very wet on the outside. And I was planning to wear them tomorrow, they're warm and easy to walk in. But I know better than to wear them when they're really wet - they stretch. I found that out years ago when I wore them to the snow and stepped into a frozen-over creek. My ugg boot came off and got full of water. I had nothing else to wear so I emptied it out and pulled it back on, blessing the natural sheepskin which meant that wool even when wet is still warm. But al lthat day every time I fell into a deep drift, my ugg boot came off again and I would be there in the snow, barefoot, digging down to find the now snow-filled boot somewhere several feet down. Because it was wet it had stretched and so kept coming off, getting worse all day.

That was the last time I ever bought SHORT uggs - I now always get knee-length and if we go to the snow, I tie them on. I've never had a problem since.

It's winter, and I live in my ugg boots.

Hang on - I have a pair of cheap synthetic uggs, they're a pale pink but I can wear them tomorrow, they'll be warm enough, comfortable enough and I don't care if they get wrecked in the rain. My feet sweat in them anyway.

OK - problem solved! All I have to do now is hope for some sunshine when I want to take the photos!

Enjoy your Wednesday.

Marg

Fran

Former desparate mom
Hi Marguerite. I am totally with you about the MJ mass media blitz. He was a talented artist, but this hoopla is way over the top. I stopped watching 2 days after he died. I had learned all that there is to know so why beat a dead horse?
It seems as if your funeral and life is not a mass media event that you are forgotten or not important? Do we really want to compete even in death as to who had the biggest outpouring of grief?
Wonder if all of those attending were at his side during his trial and money woes? Bleech! fair weather friends and publicity seekers.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Andy-The bowling camp sounds like fun-I bet both boys are enjoying it! I haven't checked out the wc yet but I hope you find the keys! I hope the medication switch works for your difficult child!

Linda-I hope your visit with wm goes well and he isn't disappointed. My difficult child is the same way! Enjoy your piano lesson!

Jena-Good to "see" you. I hope your day is a good one!

Fran-It seems hard to believe you have been gone from Texas for 2 years already. I hope husband's flight gets in on time and that the retirement party is fun!

Marg-I agree the MJ news is everywhere we turn! Your description of the Ugg boots make me want to get some, they sound worth the investment! I was freezing just thinking of you being soaking wet on your scooter!

Not much planned for today. I think we'll make it to the health club and maybe tonight we'll watch the 2nd Harry Potter movie. Last night we watched the first and we want to watch all of them again before the new movie comes out next week!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

LittleDudesMom

Just wanted to drop in and say good morning. TM and I are on the same "running late" schedule. I'm off to a couple thrift stores with easy child this morning to rummage around for her new apartment!

Hope your middle of the week is a good one. It's all about the coming weekend from here!

Sharon

Marguerite

Sharon/WO - if you're ever planning to get some uggs, let me know. I've seen the good and the bad. I gather the ones you have in the US called "Ugg Boots" are an expensive US-made version. The Aussie ones are not permitted to be called Uggs in the US (a really stupid move by copyright laws - long story). The proper ugg boots (lower case "u") are generic, anyone can make them in Australia because the name can't be copyrighted here, the word is in our dictionary, it's in the language.

The term describes a mocassin-style boot made from sheepskin with the fleece on the inside. The soles are usually a heavy rubbery thick thing, sometimes they look like they've been soled with truck tyres. Mosy people buy the short (ankle-length) boots, surfers often wear them after a day at the beach, it doesn't matter if you pull them onto wet sandy skin.
And compared to the US-made Ugg Boots, ours are cheaper, I gather. I've included a link just to show you Aussie prices. Seriously, if you're planning on buying some for your family, it could be worth your while to get a plane ticket to Sydney and buy boots for the family.

I buy the long ones then scotchgard them. People in Australia wear uggs out in the street. If they're still looking clean and a decent colour, you can wear them most places. You won't see business people wearing them to work, but in winter on casual social occasions there are generally people wearing uggs.

I have two paris of real sheepskin uggs. One pair, the pair I'm wearing nw while I wait for my good ones to dry, are the "ventilated" ones which are about 6 years old and are worn through the toe. And the side. The sols is also worn completely though. I wear them round the house mostly, but I wore them out tonight even though they now look disgusting.

My good pair are black (inside and out) and still look brand new even though they're at least three years old. I remember I wore them all round New Zealand two years ago, I think they were about a year old by that stage.

When trying them on, they need to be a snug fit around the calf. They do stretch a little (if they're real sheepskin - don't waste money on synthetic rubbish).

A good tip - the insole gets flattened out moderately quickly and can make the boots a bit uncomfortable and not as warm as they should be. But buying noew sheepskin insoles is really easy and cheap (in Australia anyway). ABout $5 to $10 a pair, for sheepskin insoles. And swap them over in your uggs and it's like having a new pair of uggs, for a few dollars!

In New Zealand I bought brushtail possum insoles - the only fur trade in the world endorsed by WWF. The main trouble with possum insoles is they are slippery to walk on. But very warm, especially in the snow.

OK, I'll get off my soapbox now...

Marg