Good Wednesday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

It looks like we are in store for a beautiful day. The humidity is way down and our "mini" heat wave (2 days) appears to be over. I only had the ac on for 2 days. However, the really high temps are suppose to arrive on Sat.

husband has a class today, it was suppose to be a two day class starting today according to the website he checked, when he went to his e-mail last night to check the specifics he was surprised to find it was 2 days but started yesterday, he was not happy as this is a class he is very interested in.

I have a sports medicine doctor's appointment. this morning to check on my knees, they are really doing well. I have a friend who is going to pick up easy child and take her to driver's ed. Not sure what difficult child and I will do this afternoon, maybe the pool but with the cooler temps I don't like to be in the water much and difficult child wants me in there a lot.

Tonight we'll head to the health club.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

LittleDudesMom

:alien: Good Morning!

Hey Sharon - I can't complain too much about our weather in that it has been a pretty mild and wet summer. Not too many days above 90. But it's here now and has been for about a week - we are scheduled for about 97 degrees today :sunny:. Hope you and difficult child find something fun to do.

I'll be focusing on my downstairs today and then I plan on putting on my swimsuit and weeding the gardens. While I'm weeding, I'm going to empty about 25% of the water from the hot tub and then replace with cold fresh water (we don't use the heater in the tub in the summer so it's a refreshing relax rather than a hot one). It should be done filling by the time I'm done weeding. You know I'll head in that water.....:swimming:.

Wishing everyone a great middle of the week.

Sharon

Rabbit

Good Morning All Hope everyone has a GREAT day!:D
I took difficult child 3 driving for a 1/2 hr yesterday. She just got her learners permit.
It was really stressful for me and I am trying to find someone else to teach her. This is difficult child 2's last week of camp and I am glad. Getting up at 6am is
too much for me in the summer! I am so glad he has the next 3 weeks off. We can both sleep in! In three weeks difficult child 1 will return to college. I am
Praying his C's and D's turn into better grades this coming fall semester.
If I hear C's get degrees one more time....
Sending big hugs to all Rabbit

Sharon - Hope your apt and day goes Great!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning Sharon, sounds like someone goofed. Hopefully husband can get a refund.
How fortunate that your weather has lost the humidity. We are still pretty hot. Today mid 90's but tomorrow is going down to low 90's brrrrrrrrrrrr. LOL
I got home from mom's yesterday so I have a bit of catch up. I would like to make it to the pool for an hour if possible. We will see. :swimming:
difficult child continues to do a nice job when I'm not here. Fingers crossed. He may have an opportunity for a volunteer position while he continues to apply for a paying position.
The shooting in Pittsburgh, hits close to home. Makes you wonder where we got the notion that shooting is a good alternative to resolve conflict. Doesn't even include the collateral damage of all the other people. :sad:
Seems those that are armed will keep all of us who aren't prisoners to their lack of impulse control. I'm sure we will have metal detectors at the gym soon. Schools, banks, airports, government buildings, airports. Guess the metal detectors will just be built into all public buildings soon. Oh well, that's my soap box this morning.

Life is good otherwise. Hope you have a chance to appreciate your day and those you love.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Good morning EVERY BODY!!!!!!

Rabbit - congrats on the learners permit -

WO - Thanks for the wish on the beautiful morning.....

LDM - Two words - SUN SCREEN or one word - Umbrella

Fran - I'm sorry about the PA shooting. I'm appalled.

Here's hoping for a great day for all of us!

ANd here in SC? IT'S HOTTTTTT already -

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Sharon, we have the same cool/no humidity here today. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Sharon (ldm), I've never weeded in my swimsuit ~ seems a bit risky for us Minnesotans; the Lake Woeboegan bunch. Have fun.

Fran, missed the news last night so I'm unaware of the shooting. Fingers crossed for difficult child & the job situation.

Star, don't forget your sunscreen.

Since it is cool with little to no humidity I'll be heading out to work in my yard - I believe our high today will be 76. Still need sunscreen & my silly garden hat that covers my neck, ears & my face. Okay, it's quaint.

My niece (the one that stayed) is coming over tonight to do her laundry & have dinner; she will also be mowing the lawn & running the weed whacker so I'm content. T is good company - can't remember if she's bringing her boyfriend or not though. He's a cutie. I believe we'll see a wedding in a year or so.

Have a good day friends.

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

Sharon/WO, sorry husband missed the first day of his course. As for the pool with difficult child - aquarobics would probably be very good for your knees.

Sharon/LDM, weeding in your swimsuit sounds like a great way to work and get your vitamin D at the same time. We can't do that here - the mozzies would carry you off. They reckon one landed at Mascot airport last summer and they put 200 litres of Avgas into it before they realised...

Rabbit, teaching kids to drive can be really stressful. I hope you can find someone to do it for you.

Fran, getting your difficult child into volunteer work is a good idea. He can always put it on a CV and it will look good. It's also great experience, professionally as well as socially. I also agree with you on the gun issues. But then - our laws are different here, we do have guns but they are well controlled and as a result we have far fewer gun-related crimes. We had the Pittsburgh shooting on our news. We've got our own big news story - the terrorist cell that was uncovered and had been planning a suicide attack (shooting style) on a military base near us. husband trained there, we both know it well

Star, stay cool. Enjoy your summer before it leaks away to the southern hemisphere...

Linda, enjoy T's visit (with or without the cutie boyfriend). An extra pair of hands is always welcome. When easy child visits she usually brings her washing too.

It was cold again today. Cold but dry. However, outside in the middle of the day, you can feel spring. Some trees are blossoming. It's cold overnight, though. I went out tonight and had to make sure I was rugged up. The house I visited had their heater on high and everyone huddled around it.

Tomorrow is my cleaning day. I was expecting easy child 2/difficult child 2 to visit but chances are she won't. She wants to visit on Friday but we won't be home. If she comes over to do sewing, she will have the place to herself. Her job situation still isn't sorted out, this could take a few weeks.

Enjoy your Wednesday.

Marg