Good wednesday morning

Good Morning Everyone,

Today is another rainy day... easy child/difficult child 3 is babysitting the neighbors dogs while they're on vacation. Even though it's her job, the dogs have health issues and all of us have to get up earlier then usual to help. I'm really feeling the loss of sleep this morning - Still waiting for my caffeine to kick in and revive me, lol... :bloodshot: :coffee2:

Really need to go get another cup... Hope everyone has a good day and if you have sunshine where you are, please send some this way!!! SFR

Malika

Hereby sending some of ours, SFR! Hope it reaches you in time for tomorrow.
Here it is a glorious sunny day - azure blue sky and summer is in the air. It being Wednesday (no school) J and I went for a nature walk in the countryside around our village - full of exciting finds like dandelions to blow, wiggly worms inside seed pods, a wonderful array of butterflies (I see varieties of butterfly here I have never seen anywhere else), fir cones, listening to the crickets rubbing their wings and so on... At times I confess I feel isolated and rather bored in the village, wondering how long I will manage to last here before we retreat to the attractions of the town, but on days like today it all makes sense.
J is now snoring on the sofa having a nap, after announcing "I am just a LITTLE bit tired, Mummy" and taking himself off to lie down... Later he has gym class - which I do not intend to attend in person this week! - and later we are going to supper with friends.
May all of you have a blessed and peaceful day, in whatever way that is possible for you. And if there is no peace on the agenda today, may there be some kind of acceptance to deal with the lack of peace... Feel free to file that in the Easier Said Than Done folder. :)

H

HaoZi

Kiddo has been up since 4:02. Last two days at school haven't been pretty and while she was all smiles when I got up she's getting cranky again. I think we need separate vacations.

Marguerite

G'day, people. Despite it being late autumn here, we've got plenty of sunshine to spare to whoever wants it. Our nights are cold but in the middle of the day in the sun, it's lovely. Then there are people who put heaters on full blast. We were at difficult child 3's school today - I was on an interview panel for a new teacher while difficult child 3 had a lesson with one of his teachers. They were in the computer room in the library, and someone had set the reverse cycle air conditioner onto 28 C! Way too hot, when you're dressed for winter! And tonight at mother in law's (we just got back) she has the heat up again. Not as bad - about 22 C. But the sweat was pouring off me even after I'd stripped down to my cotton shirt.

We had more of my Moroccan beef casserole tonight. It's a slow-cooked braise with vegetables, gravy beef and my home-made Moroccan preserved lemons. I used the last one from my big jar to make this brew so I bought more lemons today, I'll start off another jar tomorrow. I have another couple of preserved lemons in a small jar to tide me over the 6 weeks it takes for them to be ready to use.

Tomorrow we have a quiet day at home. difficult child 3 has some follow-up work to do and I have some cooking to do.

Enjoy your Wednesday.

Marg

KTMom91

Good morning, ladies. We're on Hubby's third day of extended overtime (12.5 hours/day, 6 days/week), which means we're getting up an hour earlier. I have carpal tunnel surgery scheduled for June 3, and need to get an EKG and blood work done TODAY because I'm working nearly every day until then. Miss KT is struggling with her Old Testament class, and I don't even know if she's started working on American Government (her other class).

Rain is in the forecast, which means either Miss KT or I will be doing some baking! I love the smell of rain mixed with baking cookies!

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!