Good Wednesday Morning!

SuZir

Good Wednesday Morning!

It's 12.12.12 and I bet there are many engagements and weddings today. And some lucky folk will get a cool birthday date. I seriously hope my difficult child isn't one of those getting engaged today, but I fear odds are against me. Well, around here engagement are not like in most parts of the world. No wedding dates set to near future or anything but more like a loose letter of intent 'we are in committed relationship and plan to get married, some day.' And usually that some day is at least several years in future, at times decades, or never come even if the couple stays together decades and decades. So if difficult child and his girlfriend get engaged and stay together and do marry, the weddings are more likely to be five years than five months from now.

No use to worry that so I plan to enjoy a nice winter day and from knowing that we will have nice weather at least still Christmas. Temperature both sides of twenty, some more snow and that is lovely.

Hope you all have a good day!

SuZir

SFR, word of advise. If your winter will continue with that kind or lower temperatures, do invest on good technical, sport underwear. They are not a longjohns of our grandfathers, but something that really make a difference for outdoors time during the winter. I just love the modern outdoor clothes technology. No more wet, cold, letting wind through thingies and feeling like:censored2: but comfy, wind stopping, breathable, waterproof clothes that are not heavy or thick and that come in fun colours and nice cuts. Really not missing all those wet wool mittens from my childhood.

And to be honest, if our engagement and getting married culture would be more like USA, I would be freaking out. But if difficult child ends up engaged now, it really doesn't mean much difference to anything except he would be sporting a gold band in his ring finger (yeah, we do that one other way around too, here both have an engagement ring and only bride has a wedding ring, engagement rings are usually identical, plain gold bands and the wedding ring is the one with stones.) But of course I do hope that difficult child haven't even noticed the date and girlfriend haven't been doing any heavy hinting about easy to remember date ;)

InsaneCdn

SFR... we're in the "low twenties" here too... but that's minus twenties (C, not F).
But yes, winter is HERE.
(as she goes to grab the shovel again)