Got a call from the school this morning...

mstang67chic

Going Green
....for the first time in a while. That's not to say that he hasn't been in trouble at school lately, just that they haven't called. (And keep in mind, the last day of school is Monday :pouting: )

This time though, it was his teacher of record trying to track down a missing piece from ceramics class. When difficult child came home yesterday, he told me he had made me something in ceramics class. (Which he's done before and he's made some really neat stuff!) It was a 3 section piece that when put together was about the size of a bumper sticker. It's purposely in sections, fits together perfectly and has LED ZEPPLIN spelled out in a really cool font that they used on one of their albums. It's actually pretty awesome! And unfortunately, it's actually someone else's. So...not only did he lie to me but he brought stolen goods into my house. (again) I took it back to the school and dropped it off at the office but didn't get a chance to speak with anyone. I'm still waiting to hear what the school is going to do. I think there's been talk of seeing if the actual owner of this and her parents want to press charges. husband and I talked and feel that charges SHOULD be pressed but I don't know what's going to happen yet. If he does get charged, I'm wondering if he would be held for such a small thing. If he is....I do know that we won't bail him out.

I haven't talked to difficult child yet as he had Friday school today. (Yep....Friday school on a Thursday. Evidently a lot of kids have Spring Fever because they ran out of room on Friday and had to hold one today too. It's basically detention after school till 6)

Aside from the usual anger over this, it just puts me in a real funk. He goes in stages with stuff like this so if the pattern holds, this is the beginning of another theft phase. Great. I just don't know what to do. husband and I were going to kick him out at the end of the school year and then talked of maybe holding off for a month or so to try to get something set up for insurance for his medications. Now though, we still don't have anything in place and he has broken one of our "immediate eviction" rules from the house rules that he signed. AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH. There really should be more padding for that space between the rock and the hard place.

klmno

Wow- sorry, mstang. I don't know why it is that when they should be on good behavior and you'd think that it would be obvious, even to them, our difficult child's tend to mess up. It will be interesting to see what he says about it.

TerryJ2

Ohhh no! I am so sorry. What a combination of disappointments and anger.
I'm interested in knowing what he says.

mstang67chic

Going Green
I'm interested in knowing what he says.

"It was by the trash so I figured....." that's where I cut him off. He thought, he figured, he assumed. Never once does he ASK! Never. I don't buy it anymore and basically tell him that's bs.

And on an EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW note....

So we're home. He's in his room and I hear him blowing his nose. I've heard him doing this before and I know he doesn't have kleenex in there. This time I was close enough to his door to look in to see what he's blowing his nose on.

It was his hand.

And he licked it.

trinityroyal

Mstang, are you sure my difficult child didn't sneak into your house when you weren't looking?

Honestly...everything. The stealing, the assuming, the lying (even the snot-licking! Yuck, yuck, YUCK!!!) That's my difficult child to a T. I don't get it either.

Sorry you're stuck in such a bind. It's hard to just send them out into the world when all of the supports aren't in place. But then again it's hard to keep them under your roof without losing your ever-lovin' mind.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm sorry for your bad day. Your difficult child is much older than mine but I remember when my difficult child used to steal (don't ask me how we got him out of that habit). It drove me crazy!

Sending gentle hugs your way.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry. Esp since he knows the rules.

As for the snot licking, he could be wiping it on the walls or ceiling.

Growing up a friend's mom couldn't figure out what was on the angled ceiling in their TV room. She asked, adn I didn't know not to tell (he had threatened the other kids - he was the only boy and they were all girls and he was vicious at times). I told them that he would pick his nose and wipe it on the ceiling anytime she and her husband were not in the room. And his buddies did it too!!!

He like to have killed me, he was so mad. BUT his mom heard THAT going on and really kicked his hiney!!

Anyway, I am so very sorry. Hugs,

Susie