Got a call last night

everywoman

difficult child is in jail. Don't know the particulars---drugs, cops, dogs, friend's car, difficult child claimed, went to jail...One of his loser friends (the one who owns the car he was in) called to tell us and that the friend forgot to put difficult child's cell phone in the car and it was laying in the street in a nearby neighborhood. jana and I went and got the phone, did not go get difficult child----haven't talked to anyone today to know if he is out or not---
I am beyond detached....

Star*

call 911........call 911
EW -

This was not part of the back-to-school criteria. Sending hugs. And a really, really, ugly board auntie look. And some Pepto Bismol (I have some left from Dudes last debacle) - Update when you can. Angels to difficult child's side.

Hugs
Star

DammitJanet

I think these things are just so much worse in small towns. At least in larger towns you dont have to go into the grocery store and have all the cashiers greet you with "Oh, so sorry about your son, I saw the cops putting him in the car last night." Then you go to fill up with gas and the attendant is also the local court clerk so she has already been filled in! LOL.

everywoman

The irony of the whole situation is yesterday evening I went to a town hall/police and community meeting. I was one of 5 people who showed up from my area of town----
I asked several questions---one dealing with the training the recieved on dealing with the mentally ill----the other about the idea of drug court....Can't help but laugh out loud!!!!

DammitJanet

Were you there while difficult child was getting his buttocks locked up? Oh what irony that would be!

Oh councilman, we need more training of police officers on mental illness and....oh...wait...is that? Oh for cripes sake...hold on...difficult child? What in heavens name have you done now?

Folks I will be right back.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
EW, I think after awhile our bodies and souls go into a third dimension when we get that kind of news. Maybe it's shock; it's certainly a *fog.* We call it "detachment" but it's more than that and it's what got me through the worst of times with Rob.

I'm sorry that difficult child is making bad decisions again.

sigh.

Hugs,
Suz

Star*

call 911........call 911
You know something - In 1982 - I saw that movie THE FOG. Suz is right! difficult child's = unpredictable, move like the wind, hang kinda heavy, can't see anything clearly, and when they leave it's always a surprise as to whats left.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Cripes. So sorry EW. Sending hugs and I'll hope for the best....whatever it may be in this particular situation. Go sit on the beach and watch the ocean to relax a bit. Hmmm....wait a sec....I'll be right there and go with you!

Star*

call 911........call 911
EW -

Just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you and your son last night and sent an extra angel for you both!

Hope there is some clarity and peace for you both this morning. Hugs
Star

N

Nomad

I too am sorry that your son is making bad decisions and it of course, this tends to cause stress for all of those around him.
Please do what you can to detach and take care of YOU.
Sending hugs and good thoughts.

Kathy813

Staff member
Everywoman,

I know that it still hurts no matter how much we detach from the situation. Sending a big, understanding hug!

~Kathy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I saw that movie THE FOG. Suz is right!

Star, I was referring to "fog" as a state of my/EW's mind, not difficult child behaviors.

EW, you weren't far from my thoughts today.

Suz

Last edited:

everywoman

Thanks ladies. He is ashamed of himself for allowing this to happen---that's good. He had no drugs on him (it had been smoked by then) and the cops found an empty corner of a baggie and some rolling papers. husband called our friend the bailbondsman who paid the $110 dollar bond and some of difficult child's buddies picked him up from jail. I have not seen him this week, but he has called on the phone a few times to check and make sure I'm okay. He made it out in time to get to work the next day---he was worried about his job. That's also good. Today he has been obsessed over the phone---it was damaged after the arrest when his friends and the cops didn't remove it from on top of the car!
Anyway---he will have court in a few weeks. The friend he was with has a father who is an attorney (and our former mayor) and he will represent difficult child in court pro bono. So, difficult child is handling this by himself like an adult---except for the cell phone obsession which hasn't been too bad.