Got a good laugh from difficult child 1

muttmeister

Was talking to difficult child 1 a couple of days ago about Christmas. I don't expect my kids to get me a Christmas present as they are both hard up but difficult child 1 usually gets me something and often I give him some hints as to what I want. Last year I asked for the Guns and Roses CD that was just out. :devil2: One other year I asked for Eminem. :hellyes:I do like hard rock and heavy metal but I enjoy almost any kind of music. This year I told him I want the album by The Priests - I've seen their concert on PBS several times; I think that must be what angels sound like. :angel: In any case, I was trying to explain to him who they are. He looked at me really confused and asked, in earnest, "Is this a joke?" :rofl:

I guess my tastes are just to eclectic for him to comprehend.

Abbey

Spork Queen
haha...mom can't like metal?

I'm stuck on Los Lonely Boys. I'm am determined to play guitar so I play their CD over and over again. What a band geinus idea. Three guys who can harmonize and play guitar...and that's it.

donna723

My son likes some of the old vintage rock music, late 60's/early 70's stuff. He always seems to forget that I was around when that stuff was NEW!

:rofl::musicdance::rofl:

muttmeister

The part that was so funny was not that he thinks
haha...mom can't like metal?

He has known me to like that kind of music all of these years. It was only when I suggested that I might like something else (three Irish priests with voices like angels) that he was weirded out. He honestly thought I was joking when I told him that was what I wanted.