Got a letter ~

Im a Believer

Hi Girls ~ Some of y0u may remember my post from last week about a dad who showed up chewing me out for not helping my 21 year old difficult child and what kind of a mom was I ~

Update ~ I got a letter over the weekend ~ Letter of "apology".

He says he is sorry for how he talked to me and upsetting me but went one to "defend" his point of view and also brought up our different "religious" beliefs of what a true Christian does ~

I have decided not to respond.

I will maintain my gentle and quiet spirit and continue to let life unfold as he continues to be a good "Christian" and help my difficult child.

Thanks for listening ~ Have a GREAT day ~ Judy

jbrain

Well, doesn't sound like much of an apology to me--I hate it when someone supposedly apologizes and then goes on to defend himself. I'm glad you are not responding to this letter and I am so sorry you had more communication from this person. What a piece of work!

Hugs,
Jane

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Really not much of an apology, huh?

Sounds more like he wanted to cement his already rude and inappropriate comments to you. And what does being a Christian have to do with this anyway? I don't get that at all.

Good for you for not responding. It's better that way. Allow things to unfold the way they will regardless of his or your involvement with difficult child.

Hugs, hand in there.

Star*

call 911........call 911
THATS not a Christian apology -

Send it back to him with an F- in red ink at the top and write -

Try again - Jesus Loves you - But I think you're a jerk.

Last edited by a moderator:

trinityroyal

I`m in agreement too. That`s not an apology, it`s an I`m right, You`re wrong disguised as an apology. You`re right not to respond to him.

What a maroon!

Trinity

witzend

That's not an apology, it's a man being a control freak. I hope your son enjoys himself. You are right not to respond to this man, this is an argument with a madman that is unwinnable. I imagine that the two of them are making each other miserable. Maybe your son will get an idea of how good he'd had it all those years. Who cares about whether the man gets anything out of his time with your son? He's a nutjob.