got a package i wasn't expecting today

Jena

from fla. as many of you here know my father passed away not so long ago, estranged relationship. only spoke on phone once a year if that, and he'd send money for my birthday and for xmas.

although i spent my teen years with-him in fla. long story short i got a package today from his wife with a ton of pictures of me and him. i was already in an emotional mood and well i just totally fell apart. opened it up wasnt' knowing what it would be, thought maybe court documents and inside there they were.

i sat and cried for like an hour. i haven't seen those pics since i was 17, which is last time i physically saw him.

my stepmother didnt' call me when he died either so maybe this is her guilt talking by sending me a package like that out of blue. no note, just a ton of pics. i'm very sad about it. i hadn't processed it all yet. difficult child life took over

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I'm so sorry, Jena. Those pictures are a real gift. When you are in a calmer place they will become a comfort. Just yesterday I was reading some family letters and enjoying seeing these people and their relationships with new (older) eyes.

Boy, you've been through a lot lately! I hope you can catch a break soon, hugs!

Jena

a gift? see i think i need therapy for this one lol. i see it as sort of sick of his wife to send them. I don't know i back burnered it again yet today yet even my mom who visited today got affected by them. it's just one of those things lost your chance to make it right and now it's a done deal. i wish it had been an inheritance check and not pics to make my wheels turn. that man has negatively affected my life since i can remember with the torture it's like he's still at me from the grave.

Estherfromjerusalem

Jena, I'm sure that after some time has gone by, you will be happy to sit down and look through those photos and remember all sorts of things. Of course now it hurts, because your loss is so recent, by as time goes by the sharp pain does recede. And excuse me for saying so, but I don't think it is sick of his wife to send them to you. Yes, it is tactless of her not to have enclosed any note or something, but truly she has no need for them and they "belong" to you and should be with you. I suppose since you weren't expecting them, it was a shock to just get them in the mail.

I hope things are calmer with your daughter.

Love, Esther