Got into fight with Police

Discussion in 'Parent Emeritus' started by Tanya M, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Tanya M

Tanya M Living with an attitude of gratitude Staff Member

My son sent me the following private message on FB. Trying to figure out how to respond as it does not make much sense. It was sent at 1:30 a.m. so I'm wondering if he was high/drunk???

Mom I need to talk to you , I need a phone number and a hug at some point. I have ten stiches and I made the mistake of using my Swiss army knife to cut myself pretty good, got into a fight with the police went to hospital was there for ten minutes stapled shut and kicked out( physically I talked :censored2: the whole way) barefoot and walked a few miles before catching a ride with a cop of all people to a friend's house. I have a minor (1/2 inch stab wound abdomen) one staple and nine on my arm at elbow

It would be nice if he could reach out to me just to say hi and not only when he's in trouble and wants something.

2. pasajes4

pasajes4 Well-Known Member

He is at a friends. I would not get sucked into it. There is nothing you can do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Tanya M

I totally agree!!!
    I do want to respond but very simply. You know, something like "I'm really sorry that happened to you, hope you heal up quickly"

4. dstc_99

dstc_99 Well-Known Member

I agree with not going in neck deep.

I would send a reply along the lines of "I am sorry to hear that. I hope you heal up quickly. Here's a virtual hug for healing from me."

5. Tanya M

Like this!! Thanks

6. SomewhereOutThere

SomewhereOutThere Well-Known Member

He could be high which may be why he's not making sense. I love the virtual hug thing and that would get my vote for the answer as well. Whatever happened, and the post is all scrambled and confusing, it doesn't matter. He wants a hug. You can show him love with words and then move on. It is always good to show them we still love them, but not good to get mushy about it. Then the request for money comes...

Hugs to YOU too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Childofmine

Childofmine trying to do this thing one day at a time Staff Member

What is it with our sons getting stabbed? Stabbing themselves or other people stabbing them????

My son was stabbed this summer too. He told his dad he needed a knife for protection on the street and then he is the one who was stabbed.

All that being said, I'm sorry your son was hurt.

Sometimes these difficult children....

Warm hugs to you.

8. recoveringenabler

recoveringenabler Well-Known Member Staff Member

Oh boy Tanya, I'm sorry..........getting those kinds of messages have their own sharp edge like a knife.......I agree with the virtual hug and a caring comment. While you're at it, give yourself some form of a hug, for YOU, a kindness, to balance out the email from him.........

HUGS to you.....

9. AppleCori

AppleCori Well-Known Member

Not the Indigo Child? Say it ain't so!

But seriously, why do they have to have so much drama in their lives? And try to pull us in?

Stay off the roller coaster!

10. Tanya M

Thanks everyone for your encouragement and support. It truly is a blessing to me.

I replied back with a simple "I'm so sorry this happened to you. I hope you heal quickly. Dad and I send our love and hugs"

I have not received a response and doubt that I will.

So much for the "Indigo Child" who is going to save the world. He needs to learn how to save himself first. :wink:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. 2much2recover

2much2recover Well-Known Member

Don't just say sons - my daughter was stabbed/sliced in the arm in her late teens too. Still don't know the real whole story on that one!
    Tanya - way to go on your calm, rational response.
    :bravo:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Tanya M

Thanks 2M2R

13. Scent of Cedar *

Scent of Cedar * Well-Known Member

Very nicely done, Tanya!

:no1mom:

:hugs: