Got to set some boundries

Abbey

Spork Queen
Well...thank you Janet. That is how I am. On a good day, I'll wear a bra. Unfortunately, I forgot to pack one of them when moving. My bad.

I suppose a time or two of finding me 'natural' they'll stop just popping in. It will be the talk of the town. I always stir up trouble.

Abbey

DammitJanet

Abbey....years ago when the boys were about 6, 8 and 11 we had just got them all settled down and asleep. Ahhhh...our relaxing sit on the couch and watch tv time right?

It was a small house with a couch in the middle of the living room to divide that room in half with a sliding glass door at one end. We had heavy curtains up at that door.

It must have been around 10:30 or so when the sliding door burst open and in walked the 17 year old neighbor kid. I was naked as a jaybird laid out on the couch with my feet in Tonys lap watching tv. The boy stood there shocked...stared for a few moments....and turned around and ran! Oddly enough he never entered the house again without knocking....lmao.

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
well at least they brought cake, we lived 10 houses away from my evil mother in law when we bought our 1st house (yes very dumb I know), the one night she came through the front door unannounced, she was drunk, cursing like a sailor and swinging, she was mad we had not called her in over a week! I needed something bigger then a spork to fend her off that night! LOL (I can laugh now, that night I was terrified)

but on a serious note, I can relate, maybe you could hang on of those "do not disturb" signs on your door a BIG one

Abbey

Spork Queen
Yeah, I'm let down. Sigh. I was waiting for some juicy story from the past. Geez, Terry. At least you could have made one up.;)

Well, at least mother in law didn't come barging in today. She only called a dozen times bugging me to go to some park tomorrow for a farmer's market and a concert. I can see it now - I'll take ONE tomato, one banana, one potatoe...I live by myself for Christ's sake. How about that 2 liter bottle of booze? I'll take 10.:happyguy:

Oh, my. Should be a fun day.

Abbey

susiestar

Roll With It
Geepers, sounds like a neighbor we used to have. It was in my and husband's first house. Older lady, lived across the street. She called on the phone EVERY time we got Wizard to sleep and got "busy". For six MONTHS she did this - if we didn't answer she came OVER and knocked on the bedroom windows!!

She stopped after we accidentally had one of the shutters on the window loose - she banged on it and it popped open to show us! LMAO !! She started to let us alone then. But her timing was uncanny! We never did figure out how she timed those calls so well.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Survived the concert in the park. It was actually nice. Solo guy playing music...huge farmer's market. I bought green onions and radishes. I like spice. Then got a really cool necklace and earrings from a young gal who hand makes them. The necklace is hand-stamped with "Live Well." I thought that was appropriate.

Then was the tour of the Goodwill type places with mother in law. I got a $1 pair of shoes that I can wear to work if I get the job. They look like they've never even been worn.

I had NO idea where I was. I'm not used to living in a town where every road twists and turns and nothing really connects with any sense. I couldn't tell you if we were heading north, etc. Vegas streets are fairly straight. You're either North/South, or East/West in a straight line.

Came home to find my father in law here fiddling with the sink again. I said, Dennis...it was working fine!

I know, I know (in that WI accent) but I wanted to replace this one part. We're 2 hours later and he still can't get it on. He's gone back to his house to find more tools.:faint:

Abbey

meowbunny

Gotta love small towns. Even if it isn't your in-laws, it would end up being someone. For some reason, people seem to think everyone should knock but them. I've had people come to my home and barge in when my husband and I were having some "fun" on the stairs; when I was doing barre exercises in the nude; when I'd just gotten out of the shower and was enjoying some private time with my good friend, BOB; and a few others times that I've preferred to forget. A locked door didn't work -- everyone knew where the spare key was even if I moved it and, if they couldn't find the key, they weren't above forcing open a window ... I might have fallen and couldn't get up, ya know.

Farmer's Markets are awesome, especially small town ones. I really miss the one back home. There was always a concert on Thursdays -- some much better than others.

When you get a chance, get a bike and start riding around the town. I've found that towns that aren't planned (Vegas was planned) were frequently set up around one main point -- all roads lead to it somehow. So, a bike makes it easier to meander around and find what you're looking for until you get to know the lay of the land.

Hopefully, you'll be able to work things out with your in-laws. I did have one friend who barged in more than the others. We finally came up with a signal -- if the teddy bear was in the window, do not, under any circumstances but bones sticking out or arterial blood, come to the door. If she did, I would not stop what I was doing -- whether it was dancing in the nude, entertaining myself or just reading a book -- she was at risk of what she would see. I don't know if you could quite work out the same kind of deal with your mother in law, but it might not hurt to try. Good luck!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Ya hey dare -

Living in spork hell sounds dreamy. When you DO go curtain shopping, think black-out blinds. As far as coming into your house when you are trying to get naked, decompress and nap? Hang your bra on the door knob, that's the universal symbol for I'm not wearing anything starting with I was so flippin' hot I left my sling on the knob.

As far as the ashes being noticed on the back porch? I'm guessing someone is REALLY bored and a tad careful from years of being burned by tennants - so throw around a few Trojans and a couple bottles of wine and hang your GP on the screen door to the back porch. That should keep them guessing - and that coupled with the sling on the front knob, and the black out blinds - just SCREAMS - I need privacy.

Then I'd ask for the next outing to see the worlds BIGGEST spork. -no need - you have it. Probably came with the tea and crumb cake.

on the other hand - at least you HAVE a mother in law that gives a flying spork - and I think once you tell her that you don't need to be watched like a hawk and need that decompress time - she'll be very accomodating.

So this 60 year old farmer drunk with the nice choppers? Larry? :tongue:

susiestar

Roll With It
Oh, Abbey, you have moved to a part of the world where straight roads are a sign of Satanism!

Just kidding. husband felt that way about cincinnati - it is built on hills and there are NO straight roads. They built a highway and named it after Ronald Reagan. It meanders and twists all over partly because the politics in getting the land to build it.

Everyone calls it the "Alzheimers Expressway".

I am glad you found some cool stuff. You will learn your way around. A job delivering pizza is a great way to learn your way around somewhere!