Gotta love the dogs

mstang67chic

Going Green
Now I know that while dogs and other animals are intelligent, they probably aren't going to learn English enough to follow a complete conversation. But you would think that a 12 year old dog would have learned what "it's raining" means by now! He came into the room and "told" me that he had to go out. Ok, fine. hehehehe (it's POURING out right now) We get to the back door and I told him that it was raining. I do this every time it's raining out. Every time. I open the door and he just stands there. Doesn't move, just stands there with a "wha????" look on his face. He finally decides that he has to go bad enough to endure it and goes out. Meanwhile, I practically have to shove the other one out the door as she will hold it when it's raining. And of course when he came back in I got the "why did you make me stand out there longer than necessary? It's RAINING" look. Dufus.

:cool_dog:

Wiped Out

Staff member
My nieces dogs are like that-hate to go out in the rain. Not my dog-doesn't matter the weather she'll run out and do her business!!

klmno

LOL- well, what more do you want- at least thay are house trained and have sense to come in out of the rain- that is more than I can say for Mine!!

meowbunny

Mine looks at the rain and says you've got to be kidding! Anything heavier than a drizzle and he'll stay in. If I force him out, he'll look at me like you want to stand still and do something? Lady, you are totally nuts!!!! Good thing he has a very strong bladder.

Mind you, this is a sheep dog. Yes, Old English, with that incredibly heavy coat that can stand up to Scottish rain and mist day in and day out but he won't. get. wet.

4sumrzn

LOL...understand that one. We have a flood out the back door.....covered porch...yard...stepping stones (believe it or not, they tip toe on them at times, unless it's pure mud!:pouting:), all covered in water. I gave up & let them go potty out the front door when I think or they "say" they need to go & weather doesn't fit in for them:tongue:. I still crack up thinking about my sweet Husky that would slowly step Occupational Therapist (OT) the door & pee on the porch UNLESS someone was out there enjoying the snow with her & that only lasted a short bit. Gotta love the 4 legged friends:love-very:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Mine do the mad dash thing. :tongue:

Any other time and they have to wander the yard and sniff forever (as if anything has changed since the last time they were out). But anything other than a drizzle has them dashing outside, going, and dashing back in. Then they stand at the door and wait to be dried off.

Snow is another story. It can be 20 below out and they always have to play in the snow first, potty later.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Ours are little dogs, cairn terriers, toto dogs. They have small bladders, but amazingly can hold it up to about 12 hours.

Our older one, 7 years, Nala, will not step over the threshold to go outdoors when it's raining. She will hear the rain and then when no one is looking she will sneak into the bathroom and pee directly in front of the toilet. I always say to H, "She is SOOooooOOOO smart" and he just grunts at me, like, "yah, she's smart all right". So, when it's raining now, we keep the pups in trapped in the kitchen until they will go out. They won't pee in there for some reason, which is fine with me!

Our older one (5), Sophie, will not pee. It's almost like she forgets or something. After a 10 hour day inside, I will take her out and she will just start sniffing around. I have to tell her to "pee, pee pee" and then finally she will find a corner and pee. It's hilarious!

muttmeister

When I first graduated from college I had a toy poodle who trained me to go out and hold the umbrella for her so she could potty while it was raining. Does that show that she was smart or that I am stupid?

F

flutterbee

Mine is the same way even in a drizzle. Heck, if it's not raining at all, but the ground is wet she'll stand there and stare at me like I've grown another head.

We've had nothing but rain for 2 straight days - and freezing precipitation before that - and the ground is squishy wet. It's been interesting trying to get her to potty.

donna723

Neither one of my Bostons will pee outside when it's raining. Ragan hates the rain and she's terrified of umbrellas. If I try to take her out, she just cringes as the rain hits her and she keeps looking over her shoulder to make sure that my umbrella isn't gaining on her. If I take Katy out, she gets downright silly. She dances around in the rain and jumps up trying to catch raindrops in her mouth. She completely forgets why she went outside in the first place.

My little mixed breed, Freebie, will go out in the rain but she doesn't like it one bit. She's so funny though. If it's cold outside, she wants to come in. But once she's in and gets all warmed up, she's ready to go right back out again ... afraid she'll miss something. But once the door is open, she looks shocked to find out that it's STILL cold outside! She still hasn't quite figured that out.