Grab yer Spork and Camera

Star*

call 911........call 911
I thought since we are such a worldy and diverse group - and since I really enjoy daily telling people - OH I have a girlfriend from There and there and there and there - and really do (makes me sound so worldly) that it would be fun to "lift" the spirits of a known board member who could certainly use some cheering up.

I'm not sure how to pull it all together - maybe some camera site guru could help me there......but here's my plan.....

I want to get a spork - and take a picture of it smiling - or surprised....or whatever expression you want to draw on it - in some fantastic place in YOUR town USA CANADA, AUSTRALIA, NEWZELAND, ENGLAND or wherever you are......then I'd like to post the picture to a photo album for Abbey...

I'm going to try to get a picture of my spork being held up in front of the Confederate flag that is still flying on the State house grounds in Columbia SC - mostly because it's still there and few belive me.....or maybe on the banks of the river.....or in a park on a swing.....

Something....funny, sweet or cute - we're all brilliant - so put your thinking cap on.......and get some pics.....of your spork - NOTHING BAD....

Can we do this??

I'll need help - I'm tech illiterate - but could fwd emails or photos or could someone tell me how to fwd photos to an album or set it up with a universal password so we could all use it and it wouldn't be work for anyone??

Can we do this?

Thanks - And don't tell Abbey
It's Surprise

susiestar

Roll With It
I have a few places to take it. Eskimo Joes (restaurant and bar here, logo is one of the top logos in the US), the strange art sculptures on the university campus, one of the first Sonic drive ins, Probably a few other cool places.

What a wonderful, caring idea, Star! Thank you for suggesting it!

DammitJanet

Once everyone has their pictures I will post my email addy for a day or two then I will delete it. That will give everyone time to email me. That is, if you want me to be the one to make the slideshow. I have this new program that I just bought a few months ago. I can send a copy to everyone who sends me the pics too.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Sweet -

I've been collecting sporks of varying colors. First I only found black sporks or African American ones - (thinking I would have to paint faces and expressions on them) then I tired to find White ones (Anglo Saxon) ones. Then Dude found me a Pink one. I found a red one all by me onesies...I had a glove box FULL of Sporks which was really quite the collection. I went out late last night to find out that DF thought I had slipped over the edge - and he had thrown them out with last weeks or weeks before trash.

NO SPORK IS SAFE IN OUR HOUSE - so I will be doing the spork funeral & tribute. -

Shari - a smoking spork - CAN NOT WAIT.....

Now I must start collecting ALL over again - :tongue:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Believe it or not, I have purple sporks in my kitchen cabinet. They appeared out of nowhere. Or perhaps they are fuchsia and the knives are purple. I don't remember.

I'm going to have difficult child 1 help me on this one - she LOVES to take pictures!

FYI - maybe we can PM this and a mod can delete it so Abbey doesn't see it! ;)

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Anybody have any sporks they can take to Cleveland? We can "toast" Abbey with our sporks Saturday night!

A GROUP SPORK! She'd love it! :bag:

Suz

KTMom91

We have two official Star Trek sporks. Now I just have to figure out how many places to take them.

And I agree that Cleveland should be Spork Central. All the sporks sitting around a table with little drinks in front of them.

Marguerite

We would have to use a Splayd, the original Australian version (which I think pre-date sporks).

I'll think about the right location... obviously somewhere in the village; but maybe on the clifftop?

I wish I'd known about this on Sunday when I was in at the Opera House. I did have a plastic splayd with me, too. I could have done it then... but maybe tomorrow when difficult child 3 & I go in to his school in the heart of the city. We just have to remember to go get the photo at some point.

Now, do I want the rose-handled splayds my mother gave me, of the original splayds we got given as a wedding present, of the dessert splayds we got given a few years ago...?

OK, I think I'll go for the original, full-size. Or maybe both. You'll see why we prefer Splayds to sporks.

Showdown time!

Are you in, Trish? Plastic splayds from the takeaway are acceptable... maybe you sitting on your tractor in that boggy driveway of yours...

Marg

Last edited:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
SHOOT! I KNEW I should have taken that picture of my spork in Yosemite as I was climbing up Half Dome....!!!

Or when the bears borrowed it to eat Jello pudding at our neighbor's campsite...

Marguerite

A suggestion, Star - if you're going to give people an email address to send stuff to, then get a disposable one that doesn't identify you in any way, so you can keep your security intact. Then you could either put it up here or PM it to people, whichever you decide on. A disposable one put up here could still allow ratbags to send spam to it, but if it's disposable then it's easily dumped and we re-think the exercise.

It might be easier than handling it all through PM contact.

The suggestion is from husband, too, he's always thinking about internet security.

Marg

mstang67chic

Going Green
Hee hee hee hee hee hee hee.....I found the PERFECT spork today!!!! In fact, it was all I could do to wait till after work hours to call Star and tell her about it. :bigsmile:

As for you guys.....I don't want to ruin the surprise so you'll have to wait to see the pictures!

Marguerite

OK, I got my photo today. I haven't looked at it yet, I hope it came out OK. The background is iconically Sydney. And it was literally around the corner from difficult child 3's school, it was crazy - we were able to drive there with minimal traffic fuss, take the photo, then drive back to insert into the freeway heading homewards. It was a bit like the scenes at the end of "The Italian Job" when the city is gridlocked but the criminals have their own route planned and running easily...

Now all we need is where/how to send the photos in.

Marg