Graduation dress...woo hoo

KTMom91

Miss KT decided to try on her graduation dress just to make sure it fit...and of course, it didn't. She fell in love with this dress back in February, and it was too big then. And now...too tight across the bust, too tight in the waist, too tight in the hips, and even a bit too short.

This is her standard pattern, though. She goes through a major eating spurt, then overnight...poof! She's outgrown everything she owns. Shirts are too short, jeans are WAY too tight and give her a little muffin top...and she has NO FAT on her.

Graduation is June 9. I don't want to buy new clothes right now. However, she needs a dress for graduation. Little punk rockers don't usually have spare dresses in their closets that are appropriate for the ceremony. We're going to TJ Maxx now.

Sigh.

KTMom91

We went to Target, TJ Maxx, and Fashion Bug...nothing. She tried on a really cute dress at Target, but a 6 didn't fit around the bust, she couldn't even zip it past her waist. An 8, same thing, except the zipper went up a little farther. I convinced her to let me get a 10, and it was a sack, except for the bust, where it still wouldn't zip.

She went to the mall this morning, and just called to say she found a black pencil skirt, but didn't find a top. Keeping fingers crossed we can find a top without too much drama.

Lothlorien

Get the 10 and have it altered. If she's getting that big in the bust, it will be harder to find tops, especially anything button-down, without having to alter them.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Tell her to try Dress Barn - lots of cute stuff -and tell her to try it with a thinner bra on. Some bras I have have absolutely unnecessary stuffing in them.

I like Loth's idea - get a size bigger for the chest and take them in for a slender barbie waist. lol

Most dry cleaners can do that in less than a day.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Dress Barn is the best.

I cracked up at 'muffin top.' That is a new term my daughter taught me. I guess I have one that is in the baking.

Abbey

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Yay for Dress Barn! It's the only place I found a dress for difficult child-bro's wedding that was the right color and actually fit! by the way, my whole body is one big muffin top :D

KTMom91

We don't have a Dress Barn here! Now, if we needed bales of hay, and a lasso, and tonic for a sick cow, there are many fine retail outlets.

And I left the civilization of the Bay Area to return to Cowtown, USA...