Graduation!

DammitJanet

No...not technically one of mine but Cory's girlfriend Mandy graduated HS today!!!

We have had Mandy living with us since she was 17 and then she moved in with Cory last October when he moved out. He has motivated her and pushed her when she thought she couldnt keep on going. He made her go to school when she wanted to just give up. This diploma was as much his as hers. He even helped her with homework...lol.

He is so proud of her. He cried through the entire ceremony...lol. Heck...I cried.

When it was our turn to cheer for the graduates, the Principal remarked that there was one proud momma or grandma over in Mandy's section...lol. Umm...that would be me! LOL. :cheers::cheerleader:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
What a great feeling! You should be proud, Mandy would not have made it through without your family and your love.

Good for her!

lovemysons

Janet you are such a supportive person...Mandy was really blessed by your family.
Awesome too that Cory helped her so much.

Does sound like a wonderful graduation, smiles.

Tammy

DammitJanet

Thanks...It sounds so bad to hear that Cory is living with a girl that is just now graduating HS but her background was such that she was way behind in school so she is 19 now and will be 20 in October. She was a foster kid who got lost in the system.

Star*

call 911........call 911
WAY TO GO MANDY!!!!!!!!!

WAY TO GO CORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW Son.....where is that GED you and DUde are supposed to get? How about Mothers Day by 2010?

Janet - You're a good girl!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Once you have that diploma, no one can ever take it away. She accomplished something. You can lose your job, break up with a significant other, lose a parent but your education is yours forever. She should be proud of her accomplishment.
Cory can enjoy the pride that comes with accomplishing a goal.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well, she definately knew you all are proud of her. :D :D LOL

Good for her!! And good for Cory for helping her to stick with it. Now you might want to elbow him into getting his GED. The sooner he gets it the better as the knowledge is still fresh.

She's one lucky kid. Now will you adopt me too? lol