Grant Renewed

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by JJJ, Feb 14, 2011.

1. JJJ

JJJ Active Member

Not that there was much doubt, but Kanga's funding has been officially renewed for another year!

2. DaisyFace

DaisyFace Love me...Love me not

Any news about a more appropriate placement?
  3. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

...How do you get funding, anyway???
  4. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

5. slsh

slsh member since 1999

JJJ - I think I'm *almost* as relieved as you, LOL! With the $90 million being cut from the MH Budget this coming year, I was really worried about whether or not she'd be renewed. Huge sigh of relief here for you guys. Great news.

Step - IL has a unique program for severely mentally ill children. As I understand it, it was the result of a suit by parents well over a decade ago. They have set criteria (severe psychosis/disordered thought processes/impaired reality testing) and if a child does qualify, they can receive services either in the community (at home) or receive funding for Residential Treatment Center (RTC). There isn't another funding program like it in the country.
  6. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

This is such good news-thank you for sharing-I really needed to hear good news tonight!
  7. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

Thank goodness!
  8. LittleDudesMom

LittleDudesMom Well-Known Member Staff Member

9. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

Whew:whew: hate those funding battles. It used to be quarterly for kt & wm when they were in Residential Treatment Center (RTC).
  10. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

Congrats! Phew/whew!
  11. Star*

Star* call 911