Great idea for a Chicken Soup for the Soul book!

How about: Chicken Soup for the Battle Weary Parent: Insight into parenting children with special needs.

Too wordy?

I think this is an awesome idea, wish I had had something like this when we were just starting out! I think it would be great to include some funny annectdotes as well as some good, tried and true suggestions.

How about how to do a Parent Report? That is the single most helpful thing that I learned from this site! Every professional we have ever seen has been pleasantly shocked by it!

We'd have to be careful not to offer up any medical advice, unless we will be consulting with a psychiatrist.

Anyways, great idea and I would love to be involved somehow!

Hugs,
Vickie

Marguerite

The "Chicken Soup for..." concept could already be copyrighted. As a working title it should be fine, another possibility is to contact the "Chicken Soup for..." people and ask them if they want to take this on, once we compile it.

Another alternative title suggestion - think why the chicken soup concept works. It's because it's comfort food, it's the cure-all panacea for whatever ails us. So if you substitute another comfort food, or just Comfort Food" itself...? I know my German brother in law would relate to it if it was called "Mashed Potato for..." The Poms would love "Bangers & Mash for..." while us Aussies would relate to "Pie n' Peas for the Soul" of whatever.

I remember someone bringing out their own book "... for Dummies" and got sued.

All that's needed at this stage is a working title.

We certainly need to confirm the board connection and I would at this stage see this as a community service thing, profits to the board since that is what this board does - community service.

But remember, I'm not in the US, I'm far less familiar with the legal situation with you guys.

The outcome of such a project as this would be very worthwhile, but I warn you - it's a painful gestation. You need to be able to detach from what at times we feel very strongly about. But if you can come through it, you learn so much more than you ever thought possible. It's a very mind-expanding experience.

Marg

While lots of questions need to be answered before beginning a project this big, I still think it's a great idea. The problem I'm having, after much thinking, is how can we help and still remain totally anonymous? WFEN

TerryJ2

Chicken bones for your throat

LOL!

Yes, I would stay away from Chicken Soup unless you want to do an obvious parody, with-raunchy cartoons.

Nice idea.