Great News! ER trip for difficult child 2 instead of difficult child 1!

nvts

You know, if we didn't have bad luck in this house we'd have no luck at all.

Grandpa was cleaning out his garage today and found roller skates that he KNEW would fit one of the boys. difficult child 2 never let them hit the ground - he had them on in a heartbeat. I told him to practice on the lawn - he decided that he knew better!

Smack down on the sidewalk after skating for exactly 1 inch.

To the ER we went. Buckle fracture in the right wrist - soft cast tonight (I just got home) and I have to take him to an orthopedic surgeon as soon as possible.

Hello!!!! When does summer end???!!!!

Beth

klmno

Ohhh...Geez..... if it's not one thing it's another, right? I'm sorry it happened and hope he doesn't have to have surgery. For your sake as well as his. You need to have a subtle talk with Gpa.

Ouch! So sorry to hear about his accident -- painful for difficult child, and more work for you.

Sending hugs, encouragement. I hope difficult child 2 can get comfortable, and that you can get some rest.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
For a while, it didn't fail that no sooner than I would pay off one ER visit, we were heading there for another....

I'm sorry. I hope the damage is no more than the obvious.

nvts

Thankfully, difficult child 2 adds a tiny bit of common sense to the mix. He put on his bike helmet but the pads that I had were too small (he grew like a demon recently!).

Beth

TerryJ2

Owieeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I'm glad he wore a helmet.

If he's like my difficult child, he'll forever swear off of roller skating. Totally. Forever.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
OWWW! Yikes. How does he handle stuff like this? SO sorry, mostly for more medical caca...