Great phonecall from resources teacher

TerryJ2

This is so weird. It almost makes me believe in ... coincidences ... ;):angel2:

I was typing a new note on the board, telling you all that husband and I decided to pull difficult child out of private school, since he's wasting our tuiton money, in addtion to which, the public school has an online, daily homework sheet so I will always know exactly what the assignments are, plus an online, constantly updated, averaged grade sheet.
I dropped off the tuition contract with-a lawyer friend, to see if he could help with-the wording, when we write a note to the financial board, and see if we can get out of the rest of the yr's tuition.

Just b4 I hit "send," I heard a BOOM! and the power went out.

10 min. later, the phone rang. It was difficult child's resource teacher, asking if it was all right to separate difficult child into a very small group of 2 or 3 kids, to do his exams next wk., and so she can individually explain the rules for the tests, and then check each test as it's finished to make sure he understood it and filled it out correctly. Are you kidding me? Of COURSE it's all right! AWESOME!

An hr later, the tutor called and said that, after cancelling yesterday because his car was in the shop, it was ready now, he was just waiting to get the inspection sticker and pay, and he could pick up difficult child from school and bring him home and tutor him for a cpl hrs.

What the heck?

Just when Cosmic Pigeon Poop is falling on my head and I'm ready to throw in the towel, the clouds part and the sun shines. :cloudy-little:

Maybe difficult child will do well and he WILL stay in this school ...

Last edited:

TerryJ2

Thank you.
I had the tutor pick up difficult child at school and one of his teachers, whom I have mentioned here several times, blindsided him with a complaint that difficult child did not turn in his study guide worksheets. The tutor assured her that they completed them together last night, and she was all huffy and angry and did not take no for an answer.
He couldn't believe her attitude. His attitude is that the kid should learn something. Hers is that you turn in papers.
Heh heh.
Glad I got a 2nd opinion here. :)
Granted, school was delayed 2 hrs because of a dusting of snow, and classes were compressed and she was rushing all over the place, in a tizzy. But the tutor pointed out that the other teachers said, "No problem, just so he did the work." And they were smiling and very polite.
Sigh.

Oh, I forgot to mention, that I cleared the table for dinner and put all difficult child's papers next to the computer monitor in the kitchen and forgot to tell him that. I suppose the teacher would say that he should have cleared the table for dinner and put the papers away himself ... I had him feeding the animals and scrubbing pots and pans. Arg.