Great visit with my son

hearthope

As is written in so many post here, we lost our child when they started drugs. The child we raised turned into a stranger that only took from us.

Today, the loving, caring, compassionate son I raised was there!

He took his 30 minute visit to thank me for the choices I made in keeping him away from his dad and moving them to the country.

These topics caused so much pain between us, to hear him thank me was almost more than I could take.

God has his hand. I don't know what is in store for my son, but he is seeking God's will and I can't wait to see what his plans are.

I have been thru enough not to get my horse before the cart but I wish everyone could see and talk to him now. He is leading the bible study and has great compassion for the others in his pod and their future. He is content to stay were he is and share his story to help others.

He said God is using him and when it's time to move on he will get out and go on from there.

It has been such a blessing to my heart.

I hope everyone here always keeps hope alive, there is always hope....

You can read my past post and see that me just being able to sit with my son and have a conversation is a miracle... I never dreamed he would bless my heart so much...

Everything that happened to him was my fault and he showed such a hatred toward me, I had no idea if he was dead or alive and I was standing on my back patio and he rides by without even waving or anything ON MOTHER'S DAY in the car that his grandparents and I had bought him......

I thought I had lost my son for ever......But I was wrong....

((((HUGS))))) To you all!!!

Traci

muttmeister

That is fantastic. Sometimes, just a little time makes all of the difference. I'm so glad he's finally moving in the right directions. Enjoy!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Savor each and every moment. You deserve it.

You have every reason to be a proud Mama. :bravo: :smile:

I hope he can continue to move forward into a better life.

Hugs

KFld

What a great post. Once they are truly through with the drugs, they do come back. Drugs do such awful things to them and turn them into somebody else.

I know how you feel, because I have been there with my son. I'm so happy for both of you.

goldenguru

Jail has a way of giving people perspective that they lack under more normal circumstances.

Isn't it ironic that while being imprisoned ... your son actually has been set free?

Rejoicing with you!!

MrsMcNear46

Such a great post to read. I will pray that he continues on the path he is on.

I am a great believer in "faith and hope". Where there is life, there is HOPE. I don't know what I would have done many many times without both.

God does have a plan for your son as he does for each of us.

I have to remind myself to keep my eyes on HIM and not on the actual being....this helps tremendously.

Blessings to you both.

Julie

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Traci, it's wonderful.

I hope he remembers all of this and lives what he is speaking now if/when he is released.

Hugs,
Suz

hearthope

Thank you for the caring thoughts!!

The best way I can think to explain his change is that he is at peace.

He is at peace with God which has given him peace with himself

Traci