Greetings Friends on Terrific Thursday! Hope u r having a good one!

Rabbit

Greetings Friends on Terrific Thursday! Hope u r having a good one! I am trying to adjust
to difficult child 3's depression episode and her flunking this semester (college). Sending hugs to all
Rabbit

Marguerite

Sorry to hear difficult child 3 is flunking this semester. Sometimes you have to endure this stuff as a student, in order to get a better idea of how to focus on what you want to do. It's always worth her talking to student counsellors.

I had a fairly quiet day at home, helping difficult child 3 with his schoolwork. I've got some other paperwork to do for school coming up, I fielded calls about this today, more calls coming up tomorrow. It gets busy. The sun started to come out today but it was still cool. There are floods everywhere around the state, including in our area.

I saw the Aussie entry for the Fifa World Cup 2022 - I found a link online. It's fun! And it confirms that our Prime Minister should never take up acting; she should stick to her day job...

Enjoy your Thursday.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:coldday: Happy Hanukah and Good Thursday Morning!

Rabbit, hang in there with difficult child 3. It's not unusual for some kids to experience what your daughter is going through. My easy child, who was a total take charge, go getter in high school, had a tough time her first year in college last year. It was definitely an adjustment and she also realized she didn't want to major in what she had worked so hard to get into this university for. She definitely had some "saddness" issues that affected her ability to dedicate herself. A couple sessions with difficult child's wonderful therapist helped her to realize that she was really no different from the majority of other college freshman and lots of love and support on the homefront! Hope your day is a good one.

Marg, glad to hear you stuck with the quiet day plan! Hope there is some flood relief real soon. Take care.

So, yesterday morning it was 67 degrees and right now it's 27! They are even talking about some dusting of snow on Sunday morning :snowing: - you know I am stoked!!!!! The kids and I had already planned to make a day of doing the tree, making some cookies and then watching Chevy Chase in "Christmas Vacation". I'm doing a 8-hour in the oven pulled pork and then we will have burritos! A great way to usher in the holidays!

Today will be all about the office. I have a lot of stuff to do today - I have to generate some special reports to the City in regards to minority participation in the big project we are working on. Should take a couple hours for that as well as the usual financial and payroll responsibilities - good thing I love my work!!!

I hope your day is productive but calm!!

Sharon[

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Rabbit-I am sorry to hear that difficult child 3 is failing. I hope she is able to turn things around next semester. Hugs.

Marg-Sorry you are dealing with flooding. I hope things dry out soon!!!

Finally, I slept through the night, wishing I wasn't so tired this morning but I'll probably be fine once I'm actually up.

After work tonight, if there is time, I'd like to get to the health club. I do have to continue making chex party mix (I started last night).

Looks like another cold day here in Wisconsin-temps reaching to the high 20s. Even though I like the season changes, I really don't love the cold. Oh well, I'll just keep dreaming about summer!!:beach:

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:rudolph:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Hi Sharon,
You snuck in on me! I hope you get your snow!!! by the way, I would love that pulled pork recipe:)

Good Morning Everyone:mornincoffee:,

In a RUSH - Almost forgot I have to take easy child to the doctor's office for a booster shot before taking her to school.

Hope everyone has a good day!!! SFR

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning all.
Rabbitt, I'm sorry about difficult child and her depression. Although I think some of it is typical, it is always magnified in a difficult child. I'm sure part of you is disappointed that she couldn't have felt the joy of succeeding. I agree with LDM, that the most take charge, upbeat easy child can have transition problems. My easy child shocked me with his unhappiness the first year. He struggled the whole year. He changed schools and city and is happy and doing well. What a difference. I hope your difficult child goes on to do great things. Nothing wrong with failing if she tried her best. She can reapply and get past it.

LDM, I know you are liking the cold weather. Enjoy. You are a Christmas lover and your plan sounds wonderful.

with-O glad you slept through the night. Your weather is scary cold but all are good natured about it.

I ended up driving to Pa. F i l fell and broke the other hip(3 months after breaking the rt. hip) He had surgery on Sunday but went into ICU on Monday. It rained the whole way through the mountains of WVa. There has been a great deal of creeks, streams and rivers overflowing their banks but yesterday I awoke to SNOW! I just got back from Florida. SNOW!
Anyhow, F I L is doing well and is starting to get out of bed. I will fly home on Friday and try to catch up. Christmas is fast approaching and I need to get moving.
We are all looking forward to this holiday season and now we have cold weather to make it feel more festive.
Have a good day.