Greetings friends!!!

Abbey

Spork Queen
First of all, I want to apologize for my absence of late. I haven't felt like much of a support person for awhile.

For those of you who know my circumstances, I have 6 days until I report to jail for 60-90 days. haha... I guess I earned the difficult child title. Most people do this stupid stuff when they're in their teens. No...not me. I waited until nearly 50. Maybe I'm a slow learner. :sigh:

It's kind of bittersweet as I have some really good things going on in my life now and they're going to come to a halt.

I have a good job. Every day is a new venture as it's something I've never done before. But, I've been the only one in the district who has passed all tests. Ask me about pathogens...little buggers.

My father in law is doing better with his Alzheimer's. I still have to remind him to zip his zipper, but he's very active.

It's sad as I had everything in the works for me to continue to live in my county and work on the bracelet thing....except...there's always an 'except.' Both counties agreed to the arrangement. All that was needed was one piece of paper verifying the change. As persuasive as I can be, I can't make someone do their job. I can't make a secretary type up the document and fax it to my county. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't call or write someone to get this done. It brings back memories of raising J and realizing how overworked the legal system is.

Speaking of J...he made a few months attempt at living in WI but didn't do so well. Got kicked out of my house, then finally his grandmother's house. He can't get work because of his felony convictions (violent ones that involve money do NOT go over well), he became very depressed and wanted to go back to CA. Endless talks about how that was probably not a good idea, but put him on a bus two weeks ago. All I can say is I wish him well. He's still an unemployed junkie.

Not sure what I'm going to do when I get out. I've put that on the back burner. I'd love to go back to Vegas, though.

Hugs to all you warrior moms and dads. :)

Abbey

DDD

I would imagine you are full of regrets and possibly fears. Based on "knowing you" for so long I am betting that you will survive your sentence and find a way to make a positive out of a negative. Like everyone else in the family I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers....hoping the time flies by and you are able to move forward quickly to a better life. Hugs DDD

Fran

Former desparate mom
It's a sad situation for you. I'm sorry it has come down to such a situation but I believe you can turn it around and find your footing to be the strong woman of character you have always been. Hugs.

Mattsmom277

Sounds like aside from having to go take care of this business, things are on a good path work wise etc. I have absolute confidence that when you are able to get started fresh in 2011, you'll find yourself planting feet firmly on the ground and come out running to something positive.

muttmeister

I'm sorry things have taken this turn but this will soon be behind you and I'm sure things will take a good turn from there. Sending hugs and prayers.

mstang67chic

Going Green
You know what....get in, get it done and get on with things. We'll be here for you.....are you going to get word to someone so we have your address? I know we probably wouldn't be able to send you a filed down spork but we can send some CD cheer! :bigsmile:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
yes, if you can get an address, i'd love to write.

i think you are an amazing woman...jail time and all. hug and love.

M

ML

This might sound strange but I am sooo exctied about your future. I believe the time will go fast and aftewards a brand new life will appear for you. I have missed you dearly.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well, I for one - should I get a decent vehicle shortly would not be writing you - I'd be standing outside your cell - throwing snowballs at your window, blundering out Christmas carols in the worst possible off-keyed tunes, while animals run for the hills of WI, and small birds fall dead to the ground wrything in agony - rolling on the ground chirping - 'make her stop, oh please make her stop' I think I'd start with the little Alvin and the Chipmunks diddty "Christmas Christmas, Time of Year - One of Laughter, One of Cheer - and when the part comes where Alvin belts out 'me I want a hoola hoop' I will sing instead "me I want a doneeeeekey" and you can esssplain to the girls on your cell block that I really AM all there - I'm just a child of comfort and joy and to know me is to know that I try to find the positive in everything. Huh----so maybe I should change that (scratches on paper) to "Me I want my time served......fast"......doesn't sound as good as donkey but we are talking about YOU here.

Anyway - ya know - This isn't just a jail sentence Abbers...it's an experience it's a growing thing. I mean it can be the best or the worst thing for the next 3 months Know what I mean?? Try to think about it like - In every day of your life you meet someone or someone meets YOU and you learn or they learn (from you or you from them) and see what the day has in store. If it's learning how to make hair rollers from toilet paper? So be it. You learned something you didn't know before. If you teach someone IN jail something about raising their self-esteem and it saves their life? Wasn't that worth YOU being there for 3 months of yours? A life saved vs. 3 months - WOw - I mean a sacrafice sure -but at what price for her and her family and how it all gets woven later on - she might be the grandmother of someone that invents the cure for cancer - or AIDS - and there you were - it's (life) is so much deeper I think than we realize. We are ALL so important and fail to see that every day and we fall short EVERY time we meet someone of how very important they are and what we can learn from them even if they have bad behavior - it's that negative we learn how not to be - like when you walk in walmart and hear a Mother scream at her kid in a nasty tone - WOW - ya realize how awful it sounds when YOU did it. See?

So as you go off to India, Peru, the Great next 7 wonders of your life - and learn from your mistakes Which is WHY this is happening......LEARN from it. Don't just sit there and stagnate. TAKE advantage of all it has to offer. Watch people and learn from them - learn how to be like the good things they are, learn now to NOT be like the bad things they are - change what you can with all the good things you ARE - and leave the rest for God. Be the change you want to see in the world - and plan for your future. YOU ARE NOT one in a million - YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE - and I love you very much. This you know - SO go in there - and do your time - come out with a brand new plan - FOR YOU......and CROSS things off your list.

NOW GET BUSY -
MERRY CHRISTMAS
If you don't see me outside the jail - LISTEN for me on the wind - (no I am NOT the "wind" pfffft......but I'm there with you in spirit......no not in spirits......just ........you know what I mean)

I LOVE YOU
Star

Mom2oddson

Boy...having to follow Star on a post isn't easy. Just wanted to say I was very happy to see a post from you. And my first reading your post was that I wanted to sent cards to you. So, if there is a mailing list, I want to be on it. :hugs:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I agree wholeheartedly with Starbie..................... and if she makes that road trip she'd better swing by and kidnap me, we'll make it a duet. I'm good at duets.........solo? Well, people would run. lol :choir:

Abby I often find it utterly amazing where this life tends to lead us. You, my friend, have been one of my heros for many a year.........you always will be. Evidently I managed to miss the reason behind this development.................... so I'll use my imagination and picture you in a red cape with sword doing some very noble deed that just happened to bend the rules a bit.

Love ya dear, and would really really like to write to you too! :hugs:

katya02

Solace
Sending wishes for strength, peace, and hope. You will get through and get past this, and on to new things, new ways to grow, in 2011. You have been a great support to
everyone here, for so long ... now let us be a support to you. If there's a mailing list, I also want to be on it!

And, you never know ... a clerk out there may just get his/her job done in the next few days and get that piece of paper sent. If it's possible, I earnestly hope it happens for you.
Hugs and best wishes.

Abbey

Spork Queen
You guys have always been such a great crew. Thanks for all the positive words. I'm not really afraid. I screwed up and I have to take the consequences. I ain't curling my hair in jail, either. ;)

Address of future home:

Dane County Jail
115 West Doty Street
Madison, WI 53703

I didn't see sporks on the list of 'do not send.' Probably wouldn't go over too well, though.

Again, thank you for all your support.

Abbey

gcvmom

Here we go again!
You're a wise warrior mom, Abbey. You'll come out on the other side of this an even wiser woman, and life will go on. And we'll be here ready to welcome you back with a spork parade :D Take care in there, and we'll see you in the spring thaw! (Some people will do anything to avoid shoveling snow...)

klmno

Good for you, Abbey, for muddling thru, facing up, and keeping such good spirits and humour thru all this! I agree with the statement that we never know where life will lead us. Several times in my life, the worst prospects suddenly lead to the best "new beginning" at the last minute.

Estherfromjerusalem

Abbey, just saw this. Amazing -- I've been thinking about you a lot this past week and wondering what has happened with you.

I too would want to write to you. But a question: To whom does one address it. To Abbey? To Deb? Will that be enough for it to get to you?

Whatever, I wish you the very best of luck to get through it. You are the reason I joined this board and have stayed all this time. I will be waiting to hear that you are out and that it is behind you. Wishing you all the very best,

Love, Esther

Abbey

Spork Queen
Aww, Esther. Hugs to you. Deborah McHugh would be my official name. Now, if someone could steal my identity I'd be just fine. ;)

(Thanks Suz for the phone call.) :)

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Deb, sending white light & healing thoughts as you enter this next phase of life. You have the strength (as you've shown over the years) to overcome & come out the person you choose to become.

I many not get out a letter ~ know that I'll never forget our Coookie driving us about downtown Minneapolis & our infamous trip to Hooters at Mall of America. You're a lot closer now ~ maybe we can do it again. Time, place & date, my lady - I can meet you in Madison with wiped out & we can have an all girls weekend.

H

HaoZi

Heya Abbey, don't know you since I'm fairly new, but will try to get something out to you if you don't land that paperwork you need.