Greetings on no meltdown Monday Hope u have a good day!

Rabbit

Hi Hope everyone has a GREAT day! Nothing new here. I am taking difficult child 3 to psychiatrist.:D
I am hoping he will change her medications and she can save the semester. She thinks she is getting Bs
but in reality she is flunking 2 courses! Sending Hugs to all Rabbit :coffee:

Marguerite

G'day for Monday.

Rabbit, I hate it when the kids are struggling academically but still don't get it.

difficult child 3's first exam was this morning. He drove us to school (heavy traffic) and we were in danger of running late, but he seemed unphased. His teacher was hovering as was I, both of us trying to give him last minute "If you get stuck, move on" advice. I had a meeting to get to. They actually waited for me - as soon as we arrived, I sent difficult child 3 to the exam room while I signed us both in; the receptionist had called down the staff member who needed me in the meeting, so I had to send difficult child 3's daily name tag off with another teacher. Getting complex. Then they waited while I went up to help settle him in for his exam - he was relaxed, no stress. But I was still worried. The exam supervisors for this are external and have no understanding of autism. Same supervisor as last year, she set him off last year and I was worried.

However, the English teacher said she would stay and make sure he was settled, plus the technology people were also there setting up his computer (a special school one, scraped out for the exam). Everything under control.
Meetings - we got through everything quicker than expected but difficult child 3 still finished his exam first. He ran out of time - got about two thirds through the exam in the set time, which is better than his last attempt. Not sure if it's enough to pass though. Still, he should pass based on class mark (just).

difficult child 3 drove home, we stopped to do some shopping but he hit the kerb on the way out and we didn't realise he'd flattened the car tyre until we were into the bush road home. Luckily we stopped at the one spot where we had phone coverage so I rang husband at work to find out how to put the jack together. Meanwhile difficult child 3 was beginning to take bits apart and reassemble them, and was working it out for himself. He changed his first tyre successfully, but by the time we got home I barely had enough time to get to my physiotherapy appointment. We'd also been watching the clouds build all afternoon - the thunder began at 3 pm just as we got home, and it is now after 10 pm and it is STILL going! The rain didn't start until evening, but then it got really heavy with gutters overflowing. These are the typical Sydney summer storms, it is the hot day and humidity that does it. Not sure where Hilary Clinton is at the moment, whether she has experienced this or not. Odds on she has, I think she's east coast somewhere and this storm is big, it reaches to Melbourne from north of Sydney. She's winning hearts over here, holding her own with the comedy circuit in interviews. Not many Yanks can cope with Aussie comedians and dish it back too. If I can find a link, I'll post it.

We're back to the school tomorrow - I have another BIG meeting (it will last all day and I am NOT looking forward to it) and difficult child 3 has another exam - a double one. I'm off to bed.

Enjoy your Monday.

Marg

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Rabbit- I hope the psychiatrist can help difficult child 3! Good luck!

I'll be driving Duckie in this morning since she had a bit of a late night at rehearsal. There's only a few (very intense) weeks until this little show opens so we're going to be very busy indeed. I also have a ton of housework since Duckie is having a big sleepover party next weekend.

Have a great day!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning folks. Happy Monday.
Rabbitt, sorry to hear difficult child is dealing with failing grades. It is so demoralizing for them and us. Good luck.
Marge, I love those big storms. I hope to head in your direction when easy child graduates from university. It's another 16months and I may have to twist his arm a bit to take some time off between school and work but I'm determined to have some shared time with him before he heads into the adult world and 2 wks vacation a yr. (he takes almost no vacation time now between school and work)
Glad Hil is holding her own. I like her and really admire her work ethic. She is definitely a worker bee. Hope she does a good job.
Fingers crossed for difficult child 3 and his exams. It's always more stressful for me than my difficult child.
TM, good luck with Duckie and her play. She is a whirlwind of activity. Enjoy.
Today is laundry, bills, errands and normal stuff. I woke up early probably due to gaining an hour so I have a good start to my day. husband left early for LasVegas. It's one of those 5day/6 state kind of weeks for him. It's good that he enjoys what he does.
difficult child is ok. Whew. Makes me hopeful that things will continue to go forward.

Hope your day is productive and stress free.

Andy

GOOD MORNING ALL
.​
Marg - Sounds like difficult child handled the pressure of the morning and tire change very well. My father made sure each of us could change a tire before we were allowed to get our driver's liscense. I know how, just not strong enough now.

Tired - Congratulations to Duckie for getting the part.

Fran - Hope you get all your errands and chores done today.

This will be a short week at work (3 days). I should be walking into the office to a new computer box and lots to do. It is nice to be back working at my own desk again.

difficult child and I took "the girls" (puppies) to get their pictures taken at a fundraiser for our local animal shelter. difficult child asked for one "plain" one with just him and his sweet puppy. We then got one Holiday themed with Diva puppy. She wouldn't cooperate for another. Sweet puppy wouldn't cooperate for a single picture - just too young and interested in the unknown environment - so difficult child had his picture with her again. We should have a few to choose from for sweet puppy and it looks like Diva puppy's will turn our great also. Diva puppy picture is a surprise (probably Christmas present from diva puppy) to Diva.

Diva had a great weekend. She spent the weekend with relatives and went to Cinderella Opera Thursday night, Wild's game Friday night, shopping and lunch with MN Gopher staff on Saturday, and then the awesome Vikings game yesterday afternoon.

After much thought and input from the posts I have entered, I am certain that difficult child's anxiety is risen. I will need to help him see that when he feels as he does that it is the anxiety and he will need to figure out which tools to combat it. If it continues then I will call therapist again and discuss anxiety medication changes. I think it may be because of how the Methylin made him feel last week and after almost a week of headaches from it causing fear/anxiety that it may take a few days for him to get control again.

Everyone have a great day!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning all!

It is a blustery day here today - wish I could have stayed in bed all snuggled up with the dogs, but alas, I had to go to work. So I'm in the office today, working on the paperwork for my mom's transfer still.

I must have pulled a muscle in my back, behind my right shoulder blade - it really hurts something awful. I'm hoping it can work itself out without my having to see the chiro.

We celebrated H's birthday yesterday - as you may imagine it was difficult under the circumstances I spoke of last week, but we got through it. I think he thinks he's all in the clear...surprise, he's not! I'm still smarting.

Have a great day everyone - lots of blessings to all!