Grey's Anatomy

Lothlorien

Been staying away from this post. All I can say is thank the lord for repeats on the internet. I thought I was going to be able to catch it tonight on the repeat, but noooooooo!

I just got done watching it on the webcast (that and lost).

Wow. Well y'all know that they can't kill her off.....after all, it is called "Greys" Anatomy after Merideth Grey.

I'm just curious as to how this is going to twist on the McDreamy/Merideth relationship. I think she's going to end up with amnesia and not remember him.

I was ticked that Izzy had to get her 'I Believe Speach" in. I thought it was a little self-serving, I suppose. Doubly annoyed with her that she had the nerve to say that to George. (gag!)

Looking forward to next week, too! Hopefully, no more storms will make us lose power, buyt, nonetheless.......Thank God for Webcasts! Can I hear an AMEN?

ScentofCedar

Well, having not come in to read posts yesterday afternoon, I had no idea they were not showing the same episode again on Friday!

What a surprise THAT was.

I had not seen either of the episodes they did air though. Everyone looks so much younger in those early episodes ~ did anyone else notice that?

I am not sure what the little girl who cannot talk was meant to represent. The one person who took time with her, the one person who could be trusted, gets bumped into the water and does not come back. Trauma upon trauma upon trauma. The mother comes back, and the child smiles.

So there is something here about trust and overwhelming emotion, and about what it feels like to be powerless to stop or change a thing ~ and not even be able to ask for help or describe what has happened to us.

The question there is how many times have each of us left a part of ourselves somewhere in the emotional water and just walked away because there was nothing else to do.

I love it that they showed the episodes they did last night when they showed them, now that I think about it. I was just thinking about Meredith envisioning Derek so she would have the courage to pull the bomb out of that man's stomach.

And that it was Derek who noticed Meredith was missing, who took time to listen to the little girl, and who leaped into the water to save Meredith. I thought it was very cool how they did not show the actual rescue. It seemed as though the writer were saying that envisioning a rescuer, envisioning someone who believes in us, and then, deciding to retrieve yourself from the watery depths is enough.

And not only that, but it is AFTER Meredith has been pulled out of the emotional water that she will have the psychic or emotional breakthrough ~ just like in therapy.

We have to decide we are worth saving, first.

Maybe we all need to envision a Derek, to pull us through the hard times, the times when we may feel we don't deserve to survive, or that we just don't have what it takes.

That is why I love these threads of Grey's.

I did not know I thought that.

Barbara

ScentofCedar

Here I am replying to my own thread again! :blush:

I just thought about that steamy shower scene with Meredith, Christina, and Izzie ~ and how it turned out to be George's dream ~ and how the three women DID end up in the shower together, but how different the situation was than the one George envisioned.

And when Bailey told George to quit looking at her VJJ!!!

:rofl:

And when George hopped into bed behind Bailey and helped her have the baby....

And when Derek is looking for someone, and it turns out not to be Addison.

What a sweet episode that was.

Barbara

donna723

It's so funny how addicting this show is! My son came over last night and he's never seen it before since he's usually working at night and can't watch much TV. It's probably not the kind of show he would have ever watched because he thought it was like a soap opera. He kind of rolled his eyes when it came on, but he sat there patiently watching it ... just to humor me! And within the first 15 minutes he was TOTALLY in to it! It just blew him away! He loved it! He had to leave before it was over and it just killed him not to see the ending! Another rabid GA fan is born! :blush:

The encouraging thing to me is the previews for next weeks show! In the previews, just as they seem to be giving up on her, you can hear someone (sounds like Christina) saying "Try again!" :eek:

And I haven't been able to decide about the little girl ... if for some reason she can't speak, or if she was just so traumatized by the accident that she wasn't speaking.

And I've been drooling over Kyle Chandler for years ... just waiting for the rest of the world to catch up! That is one good looking man! They should ALL have eyes like that! The first time I saw him was a long time ago in a series called "Homefront" ... probably nobody remembers it but me, but it was a really good show. It was about the lives of several families adjusting to the servicemen returning home after the end of WW2. He played the younger brother of a returning soldier - who had a relationship with the brothers' fiancee while the brother was overseas. And he was in the mini series "North and South", playing a younger brother again. And he had a series of his own a few years ago ... can't remember the name of it now but it was about the guy who somehow got a copy of the next days' newspaper every day and then had to try to prevent all the accidents and tragedies he read about in the paper before they happened!

mstang67chic

Going Green
I don't think they will kill off Meredith (the whole show title thing and all) but I'm still a little worried. They keep advertising next week's show as the "devastating" conclusion. Of course this could be in relation to someone else, but who? Maybe the pregnant patient that Alex worked on? And is it just me or the make up they put on her for her face to look crushed (more so during the first part) but everytime they would show her face I kept thinking that the actress was Mary Stuart Masterson. Or maybe there was something wrong with the little girl after all.......internal injuries? (I know, I know..... :hypnosis: it's only a show lol)

I love it when my favorite shows have these intense episodes but geesh! A THREE PARTER???? This is just driving me nuts!!!

Oh and for whoever it was talking about the repeats last night that they hadn't seen before.......did you catch what Bailey named her son? His middle name is George because of George helping her during the delivery. She's made reference to it before also during the time when she had to replace the intubation tube on Georges dad. (Give me a minute....my son is named for his son) I also loved the vjj remark too! In fact we still use it in one of my online book groups. We have a lot of rabid fans there also! lol

Kathy813

Staff member
donna,

I'm another Kyle Chandler fan. The show about the newspaper was called Early Edition.

When I saw him in the bomb episode I thought he would be a perfect boyfriend for Meredith. I think he is cuter than either McDreamy or McSteamy.

Of course, that didn't work out. LOL

Anyway, another little tidbit about Kyle Chandler is that he grew up in a little town outside of Atlanta and went to college at the University of Georgia. So I guess I get to claim him as a hometown boy.

~Kathy

rejectedmom

I remember the show Early Edition. It was one of my favorites. I think Kyle has gotten so muh better looking with a little ageing.

I kinda feel like Meridith won't die either. Maybe she will have brain damage and end up as her mother's room mate :rofl:

The unexpected and devastating conclusion???? I think that they are going to kill off Addison. I think her coment that no one would miss her was a prelude to that. -RM

Fran

Former desparate mom
Kathy, I have to admit, that Kyle does it for me even more than the others. He is really someone who draws your eyes to his. I always had a thing for dark hair and light eyes.
I'm pretty sure vjj is becoming part of the regular vocabulary for a lot of people. The bomb episode was full of symbolism with life lost and life starting. (bailey's husband and baby)

I'll be devastated if they kill off Addison. She is so normal and flawed.

Ephchap

Donna, thank you so much for coming up with the name of the show I was trying to remember, "Home Front". Yes, I watched it too and fell in love with Kyle Chandler back then too. I thought he was adorable. That was even earlier than the newspaper show he was on.

When he showed up as the bomb guy, I was also hoping he'd end up being Meredith's love interest. We didn't get to hope for that to work out for very long. Poor cutie pie blew up within an hour of meeting Meredith.

Love this show. Yes, I'm totally hooked.

Deb

kris

<span style="color: #660000">early edition was a family favorite here. made me a devoted kyle chandler fan....he was why i started watching friday night lights. turns out the show is great!!!

while they didn't rerun thursday's ep on friday night they are prempting ugly betty next thursday & this week's episode will air just before the close of the story arc. they obviously want us all whooped up for the finale lol.

kris </span>

Nancy

Wow Barbara, lots of symbolism. There really is alot behind this show, nothing is without a purpose. I'm sure a lot of your reasoning is right.

Nancy

O

OTE

I'm glad they showed the bomb show again last night. I didn't recognize him in the very end of the Thurs show. I remembered Izzy's guy with the money but I didn't remember him.

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Donna, Deb, I remember HomeFront, too! Didn't last very long, as I recall. Never watched Early Edition, not sure why. Probably some schedule conflict with being on at the same time something else was on.

HomeFront was also, I think, where we first met the actress, I won't know her name, but the one who showed up later on West Wing, that someone here absolutely hated :blush: The actress who, whenever she speaks, raises her eyebrows. And she was also a main character in the short-lived (no pun!) series, Murder One.

All you Kyle-Crazie girls, check out Friday Night Lights! He plays a Dad, Husband, Football Coach. The football players are no slouches, either!

Peace

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Loth, they are both dead. I expect the significance is the thing where you see others who have passed on before you who help you through "the transition" of death. Meredith *woke up* gasping to ....."death" ...asking them if she was dead.

It seems that Shonda (writer/creator) doesn't really want to talk about them... she is a cagey woman, that's for sure:

http://www.greyswriters.com/2007/02/index.html

Suz

kris

<span style="color: #660000">i'm still convinced this is meredith's near death experience. the two men are there to help her decide if she wants to stay or go. from what i'm reading there is supposed to be another death...tho shonda's not saying who....could be ellis. she is supposed to have major heart surgery.

i love the writers' blogs. i'm constantly amazed at how often they use thier real life experiences....or the experiences of those close to them.

kris </span>

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Kris, I completely agree about Meredith and "the guys." A near death experience is what I was describing to Loth.

Interesting thought about Ellis. Of all of the characters, I hope you're right.

Suz

ScentofCedar

Huh.

For anyone who read my first post this morning? I did not read page two of this thread before I posted.

It's just going to be one of those days, I guess!

Anyway, so Kyle Chandler is the bomb man? His character and Meredith's were portrayed as not liking one another ~ and yet, it was the bomb man who told Meredith to envision someone else in his place ~ someone whose belief in her would help her to be stronger. And now, he will be part of Meredith's death scene, so many months later.

What an interesting twist.

And why would Denny be part of Meredith's spiritual awakening?

So, we are thinking it may be Addison who dies....

She HAS been pretty much written out, except for the potential heat between herself and the intern ~ and I do see that actress in some other places, now.

So maybe you are right about that.

Here is an interesting thing that happened to me after watching those two episodes last Friday. I wanted a Derek in my own life. I began thinking about what it would be like, to have someone who believed I was strong, and could do anything, and supported me in what I was doing. (husband is extremely traditional. If I would just sit here and do nothing, he would be the happiest man in the neighborhood. We fight continually about whether my time is my time, or his. Those discussions frequently edge into recitations of unmet expectations. They often skirt, or fall, hook line and sinker, into verbal and emotional abuse. However much I tell myself I know what this is and recognize what is happening, this pattern of behavior weakens me.)

Know what I came up with?

That I should BE a Derek, for my husband.

Crazy, huh?

But what a different envisionment of how to be in relationship than struggling all the time to be free of husband's expectations for me, which are so different than my own. The Derek character is portrayed as fully responsible to his own potential while truly supporting and cherishing Meredith.

He does not seem to judge her as either right or wrong.

He notices her.

That's what he does.

He truly sees Meredith, and that enables her to be stronger.

So, that is what happened to me, after watching those episodes on Friday.

I am noticing whether I am truly seeing without judging or feeling trapped, whether I am truly listening to my husband without adding in any emotional baggage of my own.

The flip side of that is that I get to conentrate entirely on what I am doing when I am doing it. Something about knowing that I will intereact honestly with husband when the time comes is freeing me to do what I want wholeheartedly in the moment I am in.

Did that happen to anyone else?

Barbara

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Donna, I remember Homefront - I was disappointed when that show was cancelled! I have followed Kyle from show to show to show - he was in the show Early Edition I think it was called - excellent actor and great looking to boot! I loved Homefront, everyone on it were great actors and the story line was so true.