Grocery Prices-Yikes!

SRL

I was shocked to see potatoes have reached $6.49 for a 10 lb bag in my neck of the woods. Yikes--that's easily double what I would have paid a year ago. I checked and found there were really dry conditions last August in potato country which is behind the sticker shock. Also saw that 7% of potato fields have been converted to other crops so don't look for it to be coming back down all the way again.

My grocery saving tip is to mix equal parts of oil and flour in a small jar or tub. Brush it on --use a pastry brush or paper towel in place of non-stick on pans. It will leave some flour residue similar to when our moms would grease and flour the pans but it's cheap, loads better for the environment than aeresol cans. Some people prefer equal amounts of oil, shortening and flour but this has worked fine for me.

K

Kjs

I never heard of that. I'll have to try it. When I shop, if it is a necessity, I do not look at the price.

As for bathroom stuff, I clip coupons, compare stores.

I am a Coke drinker. I stocked up a few months ago when the store had a special. $1.99 a 12-pak. I am out and went to pick up some coke. I nearly fell over. $4.59 a 12-pak !!!! I did not buy it.