GRRRR..... School ticking me off

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
So I got a call at work the other day, they wanted to schedule a meeting to "discuss Storm's progress and future goals." I suspected it might be IEP related and said contact me by email, I can't do this at work.
So... got email today. They want to do the case conference next week. Seriously? I need her therapist there, her case worker there, an advocate there, and they want NEXT WEEK? So not happening. Emailed her back to that effect and CC'd her therapist on it so she knows it's coming (therapist will inform caseworker). Time to dig out an advocate, heard the one I used last time was a no-show for someone else we know here, so not sure I trust him to show for Storm (he did last time, but only after being a no-show for the first meeting with me to discuss her case prior to the IEP meeting).

TeDo

CD Hall of Fame
My guess is that it's going to be an informal IEP meeting, meaning the key players don't HAVE to be there and they don't have all the formalities (and paperwork). It really might be just a "discussion" but yea, you're right to be weary. Good luck!

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
And OMG... called the place that did advocacy for her last year and asked to talk to a different person. She said since the other guy did it last year he'd have to do it again, but when she went to look up the case, there was nothing on record. WTF. So we're starting from scratch, but we get a different person (and hoping she's a really good advocate - he did well but don't want to risk a no show when Storm really needs someone there).