GRRRRR! Husbands!

KTMom91

I need the charger for my e-reader. The last time I saw it was when we went down to meet Shari and gcvmom. The stupid reader froze up, I had to reset it, it was giving me fits, but I think those issues are resolved, and now I need to recharge it. I ask Hubby where the charger is. He says, "It's right there." Right where? "On your table." OK, but I don't see it. Where on the table? "I plugged it in, it's there. Just look." Hubby, it's not here. I don't see it plugged in.

And the attitude starts, like I'm a blooming idiot and blind besides. "It's right THERE, right where I PUT it, it's plugged IN. Did you look on the table? I KNOW I plugged it in!" Thanks for the help there, Johnny Defensive.

It. Is. Not. Here.

It. Is. Not. Plugged. In.

I. Do. Not. Have. It.

I just got four new books that I can't put on my reader, because I can't find the charger. I am irritated. Hope he didn't leave the charger in the hotel room.

crazymama30

If you cannot find it, look for on one ebay or amazon. Bet they would have one.

Don't you just love the I am right and you are always wrong attitude? It makes me want to just sock em/.

Marguerite

There is an easy answer to the passive aggressive crud he's dishing out. Agree with him. Without any sarcasm, say to him, "I know you said it is here, but you have to accept I am an idiot and domestically blind. Please will you get up, come over here, take me by the hand and put my hand on it?"

And if it is there after all - grovel. Make light of it if you can, but also be very clear - YOU are the idiot who couldn't see what was under your nose. But chances are, you are right. And if you are, after you've just said, "I am an idiot, I really need your help to find it," you will have gained back all that face you just threw in his direction...

This works. It really works. Trust me! And it's a lot quicker and a lot less trouble, than ordering another one from eBay!

Marg

crazymama30

you could also call the motel and see if it is there. Most times they keep things for a certain amt of time before they get rid of stuff. Could not hurt to try.

KTMom91

The charger miraculously appeared, and plugged itself into the e-reader, sometime during the night. It was sitting on the couch this morning when I got up. Hmmmm....