guess all I can ask for now is prayers

muttmeister

Finally got a diagnosis for my mother; it is espohageal cancer. She is too old and weak for surgery or chemo so we probably should hope that her heart stops before it has time to advance too much. Hopefully, God has a plan.

Calamity Jane

Sorry, Mutt. I hope she has access to excellent palliative care since she's too weak for the treatment. One day at a time, we're all here for you. Hugs.

DDD

My heart with both of you and my hopes are for a comfortable time period prior to her passing. You will be in my thoughts and prayers...both of you. DDD

Fran

Former desparate mom
I'm so sorry Mutt. I know you mentioned her short term memory is poor. Does she grasp her diagnosis? How are you both? I'm hoping she is pain free and will enjoy the time she has.

mom_to_3

I'm very sorry to hear this too. I hope she can remain pain free and you are able to bring comfort to each other during this next phase in her life. Very caring thoughts coming your way.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Mutt, I forgot to mention to ask Dr. for hospice. They are wonderful. They are not just for the end. It's meant for end of life care. My f i l gets hospice and it has allowed them to stay in their own home. An aide comes each morning, medications are brought to them, a nurse visits. They helped me with both of my parents at the end but they can be brought in much earlier. The goal being comfort to the patient and family and eliminating hospital stays. If she falls, you call hospice and they come to the house. They are the best patient care
program I have ever seen.