Guess what Nature Boy brought home THIS time?

KTMom91

Last week, a cute little brownish-gray rabbit came to visit, and Hubby caught it for me, and named it Luna. We learned it was a boy, and changed his name to Apolo. I wanted a bunny, so we went to Petsmart and got the appropriate food, hay, etc.

Two days ago...

A cute little white bunny came to visit, and was eating the bird seed we put down for the doves. Yep...Hubby caught it. We made the error of putting the two in the same cage, for about two minutes, when we saw Apolo mount the little one. Miss KT is beyond thrilled, and has named it Nivens McTwisp, or something like that. I'm just hoping there are no baby bunnies.

So, in addition to the three-story panther habitat, I have two bunnies in cages in my living room.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
If you have 2 bunnies, and they have 8 bunnies, and half of them are female, and 4 weeks later, they each have 8 bunnies, of which half are female....

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:rofl: :rofl:

Careful what you wish for...................you just may get it tenfold. ;)

I'm wondering if someone had these bunnies as pets and let them go. We had a kid in the neighborhood (one block over) who raised rabbits for a long time for 4H. Then I guess he didn't want to do it anymore or whatever........he opened his hutches and let them all go. Poor things. I don't think they made it past the first winter.

Mattsmom277

O .. M .. G ... Be afraid, be very afraid, this is how it STARTS my friend lol.

When I was a tween I stupidly made a off hand comment. It was around Easter and they had the Cadbury creme egg commercials with those adorable white angora bunnies on it. I said in typical tween fashion "They are soooooo cute, I want one!". Now of course I had ZERO desire to care for a pet rabbit! But come Easter morning, myself and my step sister and step brother ALL received baby white fluffy cute angora bunnies! In no time at all they were big rabbits, didn't feel so cute when they had to have cleaned cages each day etc. So it is decided by the grown ups that these no longer small rabbits needed a outdoor hutch, so thus it was done. With this accomplished it was decided by the grown ups that this could be a good "job" for us kids, selling the angora hair to someone to spin into yarn. Oh. Yay. Well when 3 didn't produce ENOUGH angora to be "lucrative", I arrived home to a slew of new bunnies for this "business" scheme. This evolved into several multi-house hutches taking over our yard, and the bunnies rapidly grew to large rabbits, which led to hours each day brushing and cleaning the hutches. Which led to neighbors coo'ing over the brood, which led to the not so genius plan by the grown ups that we should also breed the rabbits and sell the bunnies, which led to DISASTER!!! I would be in tears each day after school, the work was insane and all I had done was comment in typical kids "don't really want it" fashion that a bunny on a SCREEN as so cute and oh gosh I want one.

Yeah, if it stayed small and cute and ALONE! And even then it was a off hand comment, no real desire to have one for myself.

When these things happen, be very afraid. That saying about rabbits isn't family friendly for the board but we ALL know it ;) ...

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I love bunnies...

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) husband and difficult child are allergic.

I will just look at the pics...

You will be posting pics, won't you?

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Stewed. I'm allergic, too, but they taste good.

Good luck... I hope you don't have Cadbury knocking on your door.

KTMom91

They are now in separate cages. I don't know why all the animals wander over here...like the panther boys' mama, who had her kittens in our side yard. We have no idea where the bunnies came from, no one has put up a lost bunny sign, and I figure that if a rabbit is hungry enough to hop into my front yard for birdseed, it wasn't well cared for at home. Hubby built a bunny run in the back yard, and takes them out to play every afternoon. While I'm glad there's a safe place for the bunnies to run (separately), he designed it with no way for me to put the bunny in or take him out, unless I climb in there with the bunny, using a bench to step on, and then I have no way to get out.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
While I'm glad there's a safe place for the bunnies to run (separately), he designed it with no way for me to put the bunny in or take him out, unless I climb in there with the bunny, using a bench to step on, and then I have no way to get out.

Reminds me of the first "run" husband built for the chickens. It was a "moveable" 7-foot cube, but the door to get in? It was 3-feet high! I could squat down to get through, but getting back upright was another story... :rofl: And THAT is why husband is NOT an architect... or an engineer... or a carpenter... or...

DammitJanet

Ive had so many animals by this time its not even funny...bunnies too. One year when the kids were mid teens they were hunting easter eggs in the field and found baby bunnies...lol.

My very first rabbit...I cant call him a bunny because he was a big black full grown rabbit that I bought at a shelter was a doozy. This guy was hilarious. We called him Humper. He was playful as can be but he also chewed wires and why he didnt electrocute himself we will never know. He did litter box train quite easily. The funniest thing he did was if you ever let your arm hang off the chair or the couch, he would attack it and "hump" it...hence his name. We used to keep two liter coke bottles on the floor for him to do this to.

Finally we got fed up and let him go off in the wild. We lived in a fairly wooded area and saw wild rabbits all the time in our yard. He was jet black and we saw brown and white and solid brown wild rabbits there. In about 2 or 3 months we started seeing wild rabbits showing up with black in them...lmao.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Janet. The rabbits kept as pets are not the same species as our native cottontails. Our cottontails normally live alone when not mating,. The European rabbits live in colonies and dig warrens in which to live and reproduce.

TerryJ2

he designed it with no way for me to put the bunny in or take him out, unless I climb in there with the bunny, using a bench to step on, and then I have no way to get out.

911 call: What is your emergency?
I'm stuck in a bunny hutch.
You're stuck in a bunny hutch?
Yes, and I can't get out.
What is the address?
There is no address, but my house # is 1234 Bunny Hutch Lane.
Are you bleeding?
No, but I'm hungry.
Have you broken anything?
Not yet, but I'm going to break my husband's neck when I get out.
We'll send someone over as soon as we can, but we have to attend to emergencies first.
This IS an emergency! There's no bathroom.
I'm sorry, ma'am, but unless it's a life-and-death situation, we have to prioritize and there are other calls ahead of you.
But this IS an emergency! I'm stuck outside and it's 20 below.
You're locked out?
Yes, that's it!
Why don't you call a locksmith?
Click.