Guess who is a smarty pants?

Discussion in 'Parent Emeritus' started by DammitJanet, Feb 17, 2011.

1. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

You know how Star has always told everyone on here about the Workkeys program? Well, Cory was trying to get a job someplace and they told him he had to take the test through the this program.

Well Cory took the test last week and he got his certificate today. He got Gold!

There are three levels Gold, Silver and Bronze depending on how well you did on the test in 3 different areas.

He is trying to get on at Campbell Soup.

I wish he would take this as a sign to go get that GED. Sigh.
  2. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

I missed Star's post on that program. I'll have to look it up. Congrats on the excellent testing.
  3. KFld

KFld New Member

Not sure exactly what it is, but sounds like awesome news!!!!! Congratulations :)
  4. dashcat

dashcat Member

I missed it too, DJ. Do you have a link? Congratulations to Cory. I hope this inspires him to see how smart he really is.

5. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

6. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

That could actually be a blessing, Janet. He's a hard worker, but you've said the heavy physical stuff just kills him. If this place can train him to work in an office, it'll be so much easier on him physically.
  7. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

You know what? Sometimes it takes an outside source such as this to konk our kids over the head that they really DO have a brain should they chose to use it.

That moment for Travis was an IQ test taken via the school. He scored higher than easy child, did not surprise me, but blew him away. His whole attitude changed.

I so hope the same thing happens for Cory. Way To Go!

And I may have to check into this test.
  8. HaoZi

HaoZi Guest

Way To Go Cory! Now use it or lose it, right?
  9. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

Janet, do they help with job location after you have passed the tests? I couldn't tell from the site but, lol, I'm not the swiftest on net searches. DDD