Guest room...

witzend

I finally furnished my guest room and unpacked all of the weird linens that I shouldn't have brought with me. I got a really nice four poster bed at the Goodwill and a new mattress and boxspring. I hung up pictures that I have missed seeing around the house. husband and I went to a hillbilly auction (he says I shouldn't say that, but it is what it is) and got a dresser and nightstand that I refinished. I'm not posting anywhere else about the room because I am concerned that M and his girlfriend might decide to take the Greyhound to live with us, and that ain't happening.

Now that it's done, there's another bedroom that has my sewing machine in it, and I'm starting to get ideas as to what I can do to finish it up. Not that I sew a lot. But I am auditioning for a choir (a very good one) on Monday, and maybe I'll make it a sewing/music room.

It does seem as though I brought torrential rain with me from the Pacific NW. Star's thrilled with it, though! So, if y'all are stopping through Charlotte give us a hollar, and we'll put you up for a spell. :)

Nancy

It sounds lovely witz. I love that area of the country... what a big change from the Pacific NW.

Nancy

LittleDudesMom

I have some family in the area and visit from time to time so I have a place to stay but I would love to meet up with you'all for coffee!!

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
Witz, how are you enjoying your first NC summer? I do look forward to summers end every year.

Fran

Former desparate mom
That it does. The rest of the year is beautiful I must say, but I can pass on July and August. Every part of the country has a few months that aren't perfect. I'm appreciative of shade. LOL.

witzend

That it does. The rest of the year is beautiful I must say, but I can pass on July and August.
Are you passing somewhere particular in July and August? I could pass on the humidity, I think. But, we have AC, so no complaints, really.

Last night at bedtime I sat out on the porch with the lights out and watched a thunderstorm that must have been about 10 miles away. It was really pretty.

DammitJanet

We do get pretty thunderboomers dont we? Wait till you go through your first hurricane....lol.

Im looking forward to you coming down to Myrtle Beach or one of the other less hectic ones. You really should do both just for the experiences. Myrtle is something that no one should miss. There are so many attractions that I am sure you would find something that you would love. And I have already talked to Jamie and Billie about Washington. She says she will get you a motel from one of her friends so you dont have to put up with the kids all the time. Her friend works for Comfort Inn and can get the rooms for the employee price and thats what I do half the time. Since I cant walk in Difficult Child, Tony will go in with you to be your guide. He has only been in there 2 times and loves it. He wants to go back again anyway. See....we have it all set up! You just have to say when. LOL