Guilt can do AMAZING Things!!!

susiestar

Roll With It
I am really shocked. Yesterday I had a small fit at Jess and thank you. We have a small walkway behind our couch and recliner to get to the living room computer. It was completely piled with stuff. I have been asking and demanding that it be cleaned with very little results.

I looked at both kids nad told them that I had asked several times for it to be cleaned and the same things were on the floor. I told them that from this point on if they cannot step on CARPET to get to the computer then they cannot use it. They can go back there to answer the phone and to reset the router if they are told to, but otherwise that area was off limits if it had stuff on the floor. Period.

I also told them that it disappointed me greatly to have to ask repeatedly for them to pick up after themselves. NONE of the stuff there was mine OR husband's - it was about equally each kids.

They worked together (MIRACLE) and it is cleaner than it has been in YEARS. Then this morning Jess wanted cake. thank you was home sick because he coughed all night with this cold. So together they worked on cleaning the kitchen and made cake then even did the cake dishes!!! They have plans to clean even more later tonight.

I don't know what did it, probably realizing that I knew each time I had made the requests/given orders to clean and that they blew them all off. They each came and apologized to me for not doing the cleaning when I told them to - totally unexpected and not choreographed!!

Anyway, I am a happy happy mommy today. House is still a wreck, but it is slowly improving!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Too bad it doesn't work on MINE!!!

Or.... Does Aunt Susie want to visit Ohio??? *big puppy dog eyes*

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Hope it continues Susie!!

Ahh yesss..........the power of guilt.........and the threat of no computer time. lol Powerful tools.