Gulp.

K

Kjs

Oh Steely that is wonderful news. Fantastic news. I know it is scary to move, but eventually a new town becomes home. And you would make new friends. You have gone through SO much. OMG you are so strong. I don't know where you would be moving from....but heck right now there is a snow storm going on and I, personally would love a warm weather place.

When you go..take a walk. Look at neighborhoods.

When I left my home because my job moved, I drove down here several times. Went for walks. Started off at the new job site, and drove to close areas. I visited parks. Because I had a 7 year old(easy child) I wanted an area close to a park. I asked some parents that were there with their kids about where to live. They gave me some good advice.

I am so excited for you. I hope you decide what is best for you. You did so good.

Good Luck:D

klmno

The others bring up a good point about a small town- I've lived in both large cities and small towns and can honestly say I felt more alone in larger cities. There is more to do, but if you are looking for close friends and a sense of comfort that others are around you who know your name and somewhat embrace you, a small town is the way to go. It is a little more protective too because everyone tends to look out for you- although they might all know too much about your business. LOL!!

And being inspiration for writing- I think that's a great point, too. Not only the place, but you'll probably meet a few very interesting characters that you could get imaginative about and write a novel inspired by creative "what ifs".

I'm sure there has to be a place where you could live with your dogs a while. I like the idea that you can visit and check it out rather than leaving it up to someone you've never met. I've always heard that it's a good idea to rent for 6-12 mos before buying when relocating to a place you've never been, but with the economy the way it is and housing prices lower than normal, I'm not so sure that would apply right now. You just might be able to find the deal of a lifetime.

I'm really excited for you! It sounds like you almost have this job in the palm of your hand and you have so many wonderful choices to make. You really deserved and needed something to go in your favor after all you have been through!!